Golden Dome glitch

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Golden Dome glitch

• Another glitch to add to a myriad of already existing glitches. I use 10 crystals to open a GD level and instead got a regular level to play (the amount of coins earned nowhere near the GD level).

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • 20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

That’s happened to me, too. And once, a TF that was levelling up turned into a Golden Dome. I may be doing something “wrong” but I can easily earn way more coins on regular nodes than I’ve ever earned by dropping gems on a Dome. I don’t spend any “real” money on the game, so I’m mostly not playing the GD nodes.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s hard to tell sometimes.

I played a GD recently where I scored 5,000 coins + another 2,000 for the squad bonus.

So 7,000 is certainly on the low end of what you should be able to score on a GD run, but then again it’s much higher than what you’d usually earn on a non-GD run.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Thx, @optimuspig. I may have had one GD run where I earned that much. But I think 10 gems is too steep a price to pay for an unknown result. A good run with some level 9 TFs, no gem cost, I can earn 6,000+. The other day, I had a great run with a level 9 TF, I wish I’d made a mental note of which one, but it was just a bit more than 12,000, so the GDs are something I’ll stay away from until more of my TFs are at level 10.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I’m usually in the 15k-20k range but I’ve gone over 50,000 a couple of times with a great run and a full load of multipliers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

My highest GD run was about 37K. My highest non-GD run 13K. In both cases that was with the squad, variant, and video multipliers all in effect.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@dmsral @optimuspig Any tips would be much appreciated :)

dmsral
    @dmsral

@20qmindreader: Don’t play it unless the coin doubler videos are active, blast all the energon cubes you can, use your buddy when available, be lucky.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Thx, @dmsral. I like the be lucky part :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader No tips, I could probably use a few myself!

I finally got a decent GD score today: 47,880 (9,975 x 4.8) – no real secret, played a variant character (High Octane Bumblebee) with a good buddy for support (Goldbite Grimlock), running one of the Pig City notes (which in my experience generally scores higher than the Beach, River, or Old West notes), plus the squad and video bonuses.

But there are plenty of people who’ve scored higher than that.

My conclusion is that GD runs are pretty random, and it’s more a matter of luck than anything else.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@optimuspig those are some good tips. I’ll be mindful of those circumstances and try again!

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Tips:
    1. Among high coin items, gold cubes are 250, missiles are 30 each (only when you SHOOT them, emp and otherwise give 0). Blocks are 1,2 and 3 coins each IIRC. So, your coins is almost completely dependent on how many gold cubes spawn on the stage. The exception is if you get a ton of missiles and you’re using grimlock and can shoot them all.
    2. Gold done stage multiplies all coin values of items in stage by 5x. It does not change your chance to be lucky and get a stage with 10 energon cubes or unlucky and ZERO energon cubes.
    3. Length of stage matters too. Not sure about gold dome stages, but for normal stages, usually 15 minute stage is shortest, 1 hour stage is longer, and 4 hour stage is longest. USUALLY.

Conclusion: it’s mostly luck, about what type of stage spawns.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@jasonred79 – explain #3 for me please. I’m trying to picture this as I’m not there yet. Thank you.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@ladydi102 Basically, from what I have observed, one of the eggbots takes 15 minutes to create a level, and creates 3 before deactivating. The second eggbot takes 1 hour to create a level, and creates 2 levels. The last eggbot takes a whole 4 hours to create a level, and only creates one before shutting down. What @jasonred79 is saying is that the 4 hour levels usually have more distance to travel than the 15 minute ones.

Speaking of eggbots, they never seem to change roles, the 15 minute one has never taken any longer than 15 minutes to create a level, and when you complete a level, the eggbot that ‘wakes up’ is always the same one that created that level.

Baconizer
    @korath88

Another interesting fact: I have once played a gold dome level with lockdown in the desert island, and there were no gold blocks in that level. Not a single one. What a waste of gems.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@korath88 – GOTCHA!! Thank you for the breakdown as I was trying to understand that for the longest time prior to @jasonred79’s post

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Yup, korath, the eggbot’s never change roles. As for how many they make, it’s more how many can exist at 1 time.
    Similiar to what you said, there can exist at any 1 time, 3 x 15 minute stages, 2x 1 hour, 1x 4 hour, and 1 golden dome.

Excepting when the game glitches and keeps the stage you just completed and removes a different one instead… Normally, if you can remember which stage took how long to build, you can know what sort of eggbot schedules to expect. For instance, if you complete all 3 15 minute stages, only the 15 minute eggbot will go build missions. And it will build 3 of them. If you complete 1x 15 minute and 2x 1 hour, the eggbot’s will build 1x 15 minute and 2x 1 hour.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

So, a GD appeared up in the “city” sector and my TF was one that I anticipated would be a good fit to that node. I netted more than 20K coins because I made the mistake of opting for the wrong buddy. I thought I’d chosen a buddy that would get me the multiplier, but I tapped and chose the wrong buddy. The tips helped. Thx everyone.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@20qmindreader Buddies do not provide coin multipliers, only your own ‘variant’ characters do.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Golden Dome glitch

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.