Go! 2.0

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Go! 2.0

• Hey all,

So, I updated Go! this morning, and everything has changed. It’s a full reset, pretty much. I still had my gold and crystals, but the whole thing is TOTALLY revamped.

Am I missing something? Will old screens return once the campaign is done? Or has Rovio basically changed the entire game into something new?

For folks who had a massive number of challenges completed, is that all gone now?

Shouldn’t they have simply made a whole new racing game and left the old one alone? What am I missing here?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

The simple thing that you are missing is that revamped the game so the whole system is no different. That’s it, there’s no other catch

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Thanks for the response.

Most folks are OK with this “update”?

Why would I want to have to go through all the tracks and karts and unlock everything again? This is ridiculous.

And if they are going to revamp the whole game, why are all the tracks so far exactly the same? Tracks are the one thing where it would be interesting to have something new. Instead, the only thing new is having to slog through everything I had already unlocked. I smell yet another Rovio money grab…

Hm, I am seeing lots of new one-star reviews on Google Play, so I guess I’m not the only one who thinks this is lame. Been a long time Go! player and was grinding out daily events for months, but now I am going to uninstall it, just like I uninstalled AB2 before this. Epic is probably next since the only “updates” they do for that are samey events and raising the mastery limit every once in a while to get hard-core spenders to cough up hundreds of dollars for an instant upgrade.

This is all very sad. I think Bad Piggies will soon be the only Rovio game I keep installed.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 Well i don’t know about “most others”, but the reason I am not freaking out is because I don’t even play Go! Currently the only Angry Birds games I play are Epic and Seasons. Other than that I have uninstalled every last one of them.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Heh, that works, too. *smile*

You don’t play Angry Birds 2?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 I used to but it started to bore me so I uninstalled it. Not to mention, I hate the room gimmick.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

One of the many, many reasons to abhor the atrocity that is AB2.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

ZappyTerrence72
    @zappyterrence72

All my progress got reset! I had finished the game!

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

NOT a fan of this latest ‘update’, I got so far into this game & now all the progress is gone, why Lolvio why?!? :(

Alugia
    @alugia

This update is horrible!!! Check the reveiws, they are almost always 1 star. I have to go through everything again, and it is impossible to 3 star some levels!!!

Narc
    @narc

They stole all of our earned carts and results. As a consolation, we got to keep our coins and gems. What a load!! That’s one more game I won’t be playing anymore. I’ve been playing this game since it came out and now back to the beginning. Thanks for nothing Rovio.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

If you go to the app store on iPhone I didn’t see one new review for the new update over one star in the first few days and all complaints and then all of a sudden a bunch of 4 and 5 stars….What????? This game is so confusing and not even worth one star…What were they thinking? There are little and “big kids” crying about this too in some reviews….All the stolen money used to get the carts we already had.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I issue a ticket to Rovio, After 2 years of hard playing and many hours i lost all my carts 1.386.000 coins the only left where 3795 gems of my 7889 gems. What the hell i mean so many hours to go wasted i open the new version of the game and i have left only with 100.000 coins and 3795 gems… unbelievable

I tried to restore my iphone with an older backup with my previous game with my coins and gems and after finish restore the game didn’t let me play and wanted me to update.

I am so damn disappointed Rovio thank you very much.

I will also delete the game there is no point keeping it at my gallery on my computer and in my device…

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

I’m wondering if they’ll downgrade it back to the way it was. There were A LOT of tech issues with it and they might have had to redo the whole game to fix it.

Now I can’t even beat Bubbles in that stupid Air episode. I’ve tried over and over and I’m getting frustrated. :/

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@thislilpiggy

I had no tech issues once they removed the multiplayer team play…I was plugging along trying to win challenges and trying to beat the friends I had in my list on those various challenges…So, even though I loved the multiplayer team play the most about the game even with it’s issues, the game was working perfectly for me and I was playing a bit each day. Not as much as in the past and not paying for any gems at all though….Maybe that was the problem.

The new game seems to have lost all the finesse the old one had…No quick turns to miss something and, like you said, no control over the carts until I assume you rank them all the way up. I am not sure who I am playing and where is the extra special power each game where you watched an extra video??? What do the big coins that come along now once in a while on the track mean?? There are so many questions.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I ave just receive an email from rovio regarding the ticket issue of my lost coins.

i leave hear the print screen.

email from rovio

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@thislilpiggy I got bubbles and I had way less CC than him!

Just!

oldschool
    @oldschool

After you spend 20k gems, it gets useless and you get stuck in the game. You only get grey coin upgrades, and since golden and purple ones are too rare, you can’t upgrade any karts after that point.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

Add +1 to the angry old school players that were screwed. I’ve been playing since the game was launched, but dropped off to only play occasionally over the past year. It had been awhile since I had last logged in (months) but wow – everything gone and starting all over again. Yeah….not the way to “upgrade” a game. ABGO should have been updated within the framework it had already established – like for example gotten more worlds and more tracks. This new game should have been a separate app, ABGO2.

And anyway, what is up with this massive overhaul that makes us start all over again, yet all the tracks are EXACTLY THE SAME? Lazy development, that’s what. If the game is completely different, we should at least get totally new tracks to race on.

MrGoochi
    @mrgoochi

Does anyone know how to get more karts? I have the first four karts of every level except the snow level where i have the first three. All maxed up. I have opened many toolboxes and spent all my diamonds in additional toolboxes and i can’t get any new karts. I am stuck because my karts are not fast enough. I have also purchased parts from the shop for the karts that i don’t have and still i can’t find them/open/unlock them.

Phoenix
    @phoenix6

@mrgoochi what XP level are you at? I’m thinking you may get them as reward possibly if you can level up?

MrGoochi
    @mrgoochi

I am at level 22. I have beaten the game by playing all the levels again and again waiting to get the power-up from advertisements(sometimes i couldn’t clear them even with the power-up). There is no other way to clear all the levels. All cleared with 1 star.(The last two tracks of course). It is impossible to 3-star these levels without new karts. And you can’t level up without upgrading karts.

epicbird
    @filipersr

I ask Rovio about those karts:

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are very sorry for any inconvenience experienced, but the karts in question are not available yet. They will be included soon enough. Keep up the great gaming in the meantime!

Best regards,

Ann-Marie
    Rovio Support Team

It’s impossible finish any racing in 7-1 and above without power ups and powerful karts. Rovio is kidding me because it’s impossible to got all characters.

MrGoochi
    @mrgoochi

@epicbird

True, the only way is to get the “leaf blower” or “keep kart in condition power-ups” and a lot of luck to clear those levels.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@mrgoochi

Hi! I’m stuck at level 9.3 Subzero. That is pretty much impossible even with the fully maxed Tar Barreler. It reminds me of the impossible missions and bugs in previous version of the game. I feel that the only way to pass this level is to get the leaf blower power up but unfortunately it’s sheer luck. I don’t like this.
    No way even with fully maxed Strike Out. It completely sucks as it breaks at every jump and every drift. Rovio should fix this kart’s fragility rate.
    Did you manage to pass this level and get through to challenge Hal?
    I am level 18 and building up coins to buy purple parts every day but it is frustrating that many times they just give you parts for karts already powered up.

Anonymous

The game got a bug fix update. Finally the karts don’t blow themselves up anymore! 3 stars are actually obtainable on most levels now.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Go! 2.0

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.