Giving props when props are due. best apology in 2.5 years

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Giving props when props are due. best apology in 2.5 years

• @lewie4

Just wanted to say thanks. I and many of the people on this forum have endured LOTS of bad updates and releases. I have posted here no less than 4 times that it sucked the you guys never said sorry.
    well, this time you did, and I for one appreciate it. It goes a long way with me.

I ask that any other long suffering player give a +1 if they agree this is the best apology we have ever gotten.

We’d still like everything to be more smooth going forward, but hey, you get a lot of crap from the people and I thought it would be nice to hear a thank you.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • ED209
    @ed209

cant go wrong with the free stuff, so far I have got 400 gems, 1500 sparks and 2000 tokens.

It does make up for the mess ups and im grateful

Xun
    @xunhq

Thanks to @angrlee for posting this.

@lewie4
    I too appreciate this compensation from Rovio/Exient.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

Nothing like 2000 completely worthless tokens. Teasing a new bot and accessories every time I open the game and then not delivering is just rubbing it in.

CD
    @bartiedog

Thank you!

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Good gesture and appreciated, however, giving all those that care to look at the newsfeed 400 gems, 1500 sparks and 2000 tokens which must be of some monetary value to them, they may have saved by employing some testers to test the game updates prior to releasing them.

Phillips
    @phillips

Not sure if I should have collected the tokens yesterday. As I’ve been thinking why offer 2 lots of 1000 tokens and not just 1 lot of 2000 tokens. Either they wanted to give three gifts so splitting it helped or you could claim the tokens for this event or next event or claim 1 in each event. Without knowing how long they are available for makes it hard to hold off.

Geli
    @geli

Apology grade: A
    Remuneration grade: A+
    Immediate Usefulness of remuneration: F
    Overall grade: D+

Rovno did well on the apology, acknowledged their mistake and made effort to make amends.
    Those tokens would have been put to good use in a competition to acquire a new character.
    By not having that character available is a slap on the collective face of the players by Rovio who are, ultimately, their income source, be it by ad views or hard cash on purchases.
    Ergo, the overall grade of D+

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

A proper apologies would have been to reinstate lost bots, sparks, coins and gems.
    I lost 10 TFs and was kicked back 241 level so how on earth does 2000 tokens and 400 gems make up to that?.
    Getting Epic Optimus back would cost me 5000 tokens and Airachnid 3000 more, so Im still 6000 tokens and 8 TFs short, not to mention accesories lost on my other TFs.
    So NO, I DO NOT ACCEPT your apologies IN ANY WAY.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@luis-carlo-arocha You can still get Airachnid from the easy mission portal. Any bot obtained from the portals will be still offered from portals. Don’t waste tokens on her.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Thanks @lewie4 i appreciate the apology

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I appreciate the apology, but I’d prefer it if an apology hadn’t been needed at all. This is hardly the first time this sort of thing has occurred, and I fear that it won’t be the last.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Agree with you completely.

Mighty Dove
    @mightydove

I think recognition of the apology is always a good thing, so thank you @lewie4.

However, I will say the ‘compensation’ of:

• 400 gems,
    • 1500 sparks, and
    • 2000 tokens

being buried in the newsfeed, assuming users do go there, is not that helpful or obvious. Plus I read somewhere on ABN that it expires after a certain time as well. What about a pop up message? Like the intrusive blast ad? Something to make sure the users have seen it.

I highlight ‘compensation’ because the newsfeed has never loaded to show these. Am I the only one to experience this?

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

The apology is welcome, but the prize was almost worthless for me, except for the gems.

What I really like to thank Rovio is that they fixed some issues the game had:

1 – The game is more stable now. I can play all four rounds of the events in a row, without restarting the game, and it do not crash, at least for me.
    2 – The targeting system of the Glassor energonicon is kind of improved. It eventually hits the Walking Mortar Towers, but it is still not its primary target.
    3 – The characters with explosive rounds are useful again. They are very effective against blocks again.

The game still have many issues, but it is the first time I see many of them being solved at once.

Mighty Dove
    @mightydove

Nope, still crashes more often than not. The version before 1.24.x.x was more stable.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@mightydove Sorry to hear that. Maybe I’m lucky, but so far, I just lost one run due the game crashing during the entire event. I used to loose at least one or two runs per day

What I wanted to say is that this time they didn’t nerfed anything (at least that I noticed), and improved the game a little bit.

Phillips
    @phillips

I appreciate the apology I just feel would have been nice to know how long the tokens would be available for. From what I have read and heard like a number of people I grabbed the tokens straight away not sure how long they would last and ended up wasting them on coins. Had I known they would still be available at the beginning of this challenge I would of held off.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I looked at it that there were three options. 1) collect and spend on coins. 2) collect and forfeit. 3) Don’t collect and see if it’s still there at the next event. Option 3 had two outcomes. A) it disappeared before the next event. B) it’s there at the next event. With 79M coins, is there really any difference between options 1, 2, and 3A? So, I opted for option 3 and outcome B was a welcome surprise.

Swing
    @swing

I bet the people that payed $50 for Chromia just to see her offered for tokens a week later are really thankful. Rovio/Exient don’t know the meaning of the word ethics.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

People who are willing to spend $50.00 on a single purchase of a character in a crappy game probably aren’t too concerned about that. For them it’s not about the money, it’s about the time they’ve saved.

Swing
    @swing

@optimuspig I would agree with you if it was a year (nemesis) or a few months (rodimus), but ONE WEEK is a scam if I ever saw one.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I end every event with thousands of unused tokens. I NEVER spend them on worthless coins. Maybe someday they will carry over by accident.

ED209
    @ed209

@swing, this is why I never buy tfs for as they always apppear in events for tokens.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Giving props when props are due. best apology in 2.5 years

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.