Gems from small chest

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Gems from small chest

• Appears that once again I am not getting any gems at all from small chest since the update? Anybody seeing something different?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Replies
  • SumoBro
    @sumobro

@captsternn I’m pretty sure I received some yesterday. I’ll let you know when I get them next.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

@captsternn

Got some today. However, I have the new chest format of free/rare/legendary.

Anonymous

Like you @captsternn I also no longer seem to be receiving gems – FYI I still have the old format of free/80/1600 chest options

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ok, that is interesting. I also have the old chests, 0/80/1600.

Kt
    @ktcain

Since the Valentine update/download, the Gems from the small Treasure Chests which, btw, I bought a package to receive Gems from every 15 minutes, have once again stopped delivering. My only Gems are again coming from Gifts, as they did for some time, from the preceding major update/download.

Ave
    @elliecakes

That stinks, I would be pissed.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

This is part of what makes players leave games: changing stuff and not telling about. I asked the Rovio Support to make changes much more transparent. The only answer was: “we are sorry, hope you still enjoy playing.”

Jim151
    @jim151

I got 10 gems in the free chest 10 times yesterday. I recently got 200 gems in a red chest, from either the arena or the DC.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It isn’t so much that the game changes, it has been evolving since the beginning. It is taking away a thing that has been paid for, specifically getting gems from the small chest. Many people paid the money to get it every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes, and that was with the understanding that it would include getting gems. Once again it doesn’t deliver for many of us. And now we know that we aren’t even all playing the same game and there is no option for a choice.

Jim151
    @jim151

I just got 40 pearls from an arena chest. One of the prizes revealed was 1,000 gems.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You are playing a different game than I am, Jim. But know something, what you get as a prize is predetermined. It doesn’t matter what card you choose, you will get what you are going to get. What Rovio decides you will get.

I have learned this from other players here and experimenting with the tower. I don’t bother trying to find a pattern or a trick, just keep selecting the same card over and over. The results are always the same as if I select different cards.

Jim151
    @jim151

But know something, what you get as a prize is predetermined. It doesn’t matter what card you choose, you will get what you are going to get. What Rovio decides you will get.

I figured that. But I do sometimes get big prizes. I have twice gotten a 1,000 pearl hat from a red chest. I occasionally get 250 feathers or 40 pearls from the free chest. It’s not like they reveal a grand prize that you could have gotten but never will. I’ve never seen 1,000 gems before, but I figure I will get it sooner or later.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

The small chest used to be major source of gems income. Now I rarely see gems. Spells come once a while but I have more than enough to care about that. I have seen 500 feather once but the rest are < 100 feathers. Given the runaway inflation of bird level, 100 feathers is nothing.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I have gone eight days without gems from the small chests. Way to go.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@cognitive
    Yeah, and I was promised more gems when I bought the every-15-minute chest last summer.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@captsternn Like you, I am still on the old chest format (00:00, 80 gems, 1600 gems <- and doesn’t indicate any more what you get for 1600 gems either) and like you, I also paid for the 15:00 box upgrade which promised gems. And I also get no gems from the treasure boxes, and like you, Rovio doesn’t give a crap about giving me what they sold me :)

Anonymous

@hank yet again could you please clarify if Gems will be returning to Chests?

As we raised previously, and mentioned above, many users paid to get the extra chests for more gems, and yet again this seems to have been taken away.

….also on the off chance you are reading this, Blizzard spells no longer come from any of the purchased chests. It seems to have been like this for the past couple of updates?

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello @Chucky-2 !

The fact that you’re not getting gems might actually be a bug, because I know that it was added some months ago as promised. I will look into it. If we find a solution it can hopefully go live today already, I’ll keep you posted!

Regarding the Blizzard Spell, you are correct. Do you miss it?

Happy Flinging!
    /Hank

Anonymous

@hank thanks for the reply. The gems bug was fixed 2/maybe 3 updates ago(?), but since the update of a week and a half ago, the bug appears to have reared its ugly head again :( As you can tell by all of the posts above, it appears to be affecting the majority of us.

…as to Blizzard, Yes and No. What I mean by that is the majority of the time it is a pointless spell (imo). However every now and again it can come in real handy. I wouldn’t mind it being returned to the 25x chest, as long as it only appeared as a small percentage of the 25 chests. So maybe a max of 1 to 3 chests as an idea.

Anonymous

Double post, however @hank another option would be to replace Blizzard, either with another “Spell” that actually does something or, you could replace Blizzard with a new Bird. That way you could introduce a new bird without breaking the current line up of leveling up birds/+hats as a spell bird wouldn’t need to be leveled up as it levels up when your lowest bird rank levels up. If you did add an extra bird via that method, it would be great to use that bird on boss levels as it is not really a spell, even though it is selected from the spell area. But that is just an idea to replace Blizzard…

Hope that makes sense.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I find the Blizzard spell pretty useful, esp when you have a nice chunky granite structure, turn it to ice, then unlease Blues or Terrence. Easy 3+ million points….

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I agree, but I see the Point in calling the blizzard useless. It’s usefulness is kinda based on luck – if Terrence or the Blues don’t show up, it might turn out to be indeed pretty useless.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey flingers!

You should all be able to receive gems from the chests now. Thank you for reporting this issue!

Regarding the Blizzard we have discussions about making it more useful on its own, not having to rely on having other specific cards in your hand to make it work.

Best regards,
    Hank

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@hank I’ve got an idea. What if blizzards triggered TNT’s, or some moderately useful object?

Anonymous

Cheers Hank!

Just got gems :)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Gems from small chest

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.