Game synchronization?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game synchronization?

• Just a question, here’s the situation. My boy uses a kindle in the early evening while I use the iPhone later in the evening. He gets to run the caves, dungeons, pvp, while I do the support role-snoutlings and mastery duty. Last night I managed to get his new paladin up to level 5 but then not only did it not show on his kindle, when we logged onto my phone today it didn’t show either. It makes me wonder what else is not getting synced as I try to farm a couple thousand anoutlings and 3 or 4 hundred mastery for him every night? Any suggestions?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

I find that when I switch between my iPad and iPhone the synchronization is often about one battle behind. I’ve lost some set items and LC before when I switched between devices because of the synchronization lag. To solve this problem I always fight one battle against the spirit sword at Old Nesting Barrows 4 so I only lose 4-6 snoutlings if the synchronization lags.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Another way to “force” a synchronization would be to start up the game again after you are done playing. The game is doing a synchronization to the server at startup and updates the data if the game you play have later data than what is in the server…. at least in theory.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

It may not work for you, since you have two people playing the same account. What I do is move my birds to a different location after my final battle. Then when I playing on my iPhone and find myself in the wrong location, I shut down the app and open again until I’m in the place that I know I left off at. If you do any battles your previous progress will be lost.

Samscorch
    @samscorch

Thank you all for the tips and help! I am just trying to make it easier for him to play, lol. He just told me he is up to cave 8 and is having some trouble. I let him know that Red Paladin is a very popular choice for the later caves but only if it’s mastery is at around 7 or more. I am still researching the best mastery farming method but for now I try to get pally thru at least 5 or 6 runs through cobalt pig castle while still trying to get 5 or 6 run through star reef for snoutlings for the dojo. I figure if I do my part he should have it a lot easier in the later caves. Oh and trying to farm mats for veggie cakes and such when they are not on sale. I just want all the progress I make the night before to show up on his kindle when he logs on the next day. Thank you all and good luck!

vintage
    @vintage

Sorry to barge into the conversation, but I need help in sync-ing my AB games between iPhone 5s and iPad Air.

Have been playing multiple AB games on the iPhone for years and only JUST got the iPad a couple of days ago. I cannot figure out how to SYNC between the two devices so that I can play on either.

Tried “restoring” my iPhone back-up to the iPad and received SOME levels of SOME of the games, but not all levels of all games (and yes – the backup was recent – in fact, it was performed in prep to ‘restore’ to iPad).

So, what’s the secret?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You should use the backup and restore when you are upgrading your iPhone or your iPad. Not all apps were designed to work on both devices. The iPad can use everything the iPhone can. Just login to your Rovio account to update your new iPad.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I use iPad Air and iPhone 5s and all I do is log in to my Rovio account. You also have to allow the app to use iCloud in both your iPad and iPhone.

vintage
    @vintage

So, I take it that you mean I must log in to my Rovio account through their website? It’s confusing because when I open any AB game (either on iPad or iPhone), I get the Welcome screen with my user name that I’d registered with Rovio, so I figured that I was all set there.

Okay then … guess I’ve got a couple of steps to take and will report back on my success. thanks to @killerkea and @neomerlinmagic for your help.

vintage
    @vintage

Okay, so I went to the Rovio website on each of my 2 devices and logged in. Poked around a bit – didn’t see anything that would tell me Rovio knows I have more than one device (not that it matters!).

Checked all my Settings on iPhone and iPad and really didn’t see anything that asks permission (within the Bird apps) to backup to iCloud.

Downloaded Rio HD version from the App store and had it installed (the one I’d copied over from my iPhone had no scores). When I opened Rio, there are STILL no scores …

Clearly I don’t know how to do this!!

Could one of you kind folks talk me through it like I’m a 4th grader?

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@vintage sorry, I mean that you have to login to your Rovio account in your nest. Click on the red head on your totem pole on both devices. Be careful not to do any battles on the new device until after it syncs or you may lose your progress.

vintage
    @vintage

Red head? Totem pole? okay … I’m really lost now! Where do I find these things?

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@vintage Here’s what you must do, :

1. Open Epic, and wait the map to appear.
    2. Click on the on the biggest button on bottom right. The button represents a nest.
    3. You should be on your “base camp”. Now on the left there is a red, blue and green column. It’s actually the totem pole @neomerlinmagic was talking about.
    4. The upper part of the totem pole looks like Red’s head. It is the “red head”.
    5. Click on it. Several things will appear : Your number of stars and star rewards, your Game Center status, your Facebook status, and finally, your Rovio account status.
    6. Click on “Login” button in the bottom.
    7. Enter your Rovio ID and your password. Login.
    8. After several seconds or minutes, your iPhone’s progress is now stored in the cloud. Never disconnect it after that or you will be back to the progress you had before having logged in.
    9. Now close Epic by double-clicking your iPhone’s home button (the one with the fingerprint saver) and swiping Epic’s screen up.
    10. Repeat steps 1 to 7 on your iPad. After waiting, your iPad will receive e-xa-ctly the same progress that is in your iPhone.
    11. Take a good coffee/tea/juice.

You can do the same with Angry Birds Original, Go !, Star Wars II, and Transformers, by clicking on one of the buttons in the bottom or the left of the title screen.

vintage
    @vintage

@zackvoyager – Thanks for the very detailed explanation … but now I feel I must be living in another dimension!

While I don’t have/play Epic, Transformers or Go! I do have AB original and Star Wars II. NEITHER of these games have a “map” appear when I open them. The only “buttons” that appear are the gear wheel on the left (prefs for power ups/sound and info) and the arrow button on the right (awards/stats/FB and Twitter).

There’s a shopping cart button (obvious usage) and a profile button that leads me to a registration screen for Rovio. HOWEVER, when I try to register, I’m told that I’m already registered. ???

Something tells me that THAT might be the problem??

Just don’t know how to fix it!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game synchronization?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.