Game Center cleaning

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Game Center cleaning

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • Sglouk
    @sglouk

@cosmo2503

NaN = Not a Number, i.e. something that went significantly wrong on some computation. What I am referring about is explained in detail here:
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/reply/54650/

Rat
    @rat9

@cosmo2503

Not a Number? LOL I don’t know. But I’ve had NaN twice now. It didn’t register as anything on Game Center. A non-score. Ironically, both times I already had a fantastic score but was trying for top score when NaN hit. You then have to start over from zero.

Rat
    @rat9

@Sglouk

That’s too funny. We both came up with the same definition of NaN at almost the same time. I hadn’t received your posting until after I entered mine. ROTFLMAO

burpie
    @burpie

@rat9 @hunnybunny @sglouk The elegant solution for Pig Dipper – if you’re going to petition for anything – is probably for Rovio to release a Space update that caps the S-15 score. Asking Apple to accommodate an arbitrary and insane score of 7 million points for any specific level is not desirable. It would just encourage people to game their own overall score with a spare tablet and the S-15 glitch.

Step 1) Apple weed-whacks insane episode scores. Done.
    Step 2) Rovio corrects their mistake with S-15.
    Step 3) New, fair episode scores are uploaded to Game Center.

Rat
    @rat9

@Burpie

Simple and elegant. I’m OK with that. I wanted S-15 capped before the first glitch score was ever entered in the Nest. I like a level playing field. It makes competing much more interesting.

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

I just realised the awful truth. My scores in PD are so bad an extra 700k didn’t look suspicious at all!

Kelani
    @kelani

@cosmo2503 NaN means “Not a Number” Basically, the game glitches and the score is set to some value or symbol that isn’t numeric. The game sees this and kicks out that acronym to say the score is invalid.

@Rat9
    did you ever find out how to appeal your removal? I saw this article: I know they can Developers may remove fake Game Center scores themselves. If Rovio is doing this, you might consider sending them a Support request. Here’s the link:

http://www.rovio.com/en/about-us/contact

I wish the cleanouts were done more regularly, and are based off the actual maximum scores on a given level. Stella just came out, and there’s already hundreds of people with the same 20+ digit score. Not to mention all the swap/last chance/hammer power-up scores. My 5M episode 1 score was good for 2nd place here, but only 5,806th place on CG. Pretty useless, IMO.

Romo
    @romo

Hi @hunnybunny Sorry for late. It’s now a big holiday in our country as like as Thanks Giving in Western.
    Hi @all Is there any way to recover GC score? Did anyone ping to Rovio and/or anyone claimed it officially? I was cut out with 2.7M. TT(feel sad)

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

Hi @romo . Hope you’re enjoying the holiday. My scores were not cut (too low!)

@rat9
    did you appeal to Rovio? Can you update @romo?

Rat
    @rat9

@Romo

I sent a message to Rovio using the link that @Kelani posted above. But other than that, I know no more than you. You might try sending Rovio a message as well. It couldn’t hurt to have a few of the Top Space flingers telling them they have a problem. I don’t have such a large ego that I believe they’ll fix it because we asked. But I would think your and my requests might have a little more oomph than just anybody.

Romo
    @romo

@rat9
    Let me send the same contents to Rovio if it would be helpful torecover it. Thanks.

SuicideSolution
    @suicidesolution

@rat9 Thanks for the mention! Without it I wouldn’t have known that I was #1 on Pig Dipper. I haven’t been playing because my 1st gen iPad crashes every time. It gave me a chuckle to see my name at the top of one of the leader boards even if it isn’t really legit. I’ve always been annoyed by all the hack scores.

Of course I’d rather have a high score somewhere besides PD given the S-15. I was going to post my score for that level here but I can’t even launch the game without a crash. I suspect @rat is the likely true leader.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Game Center cleaning

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.