Friends on different platforms?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Friends on different platforms?

• I have facebook friends that have this game, and I think they’re on iOS, while I’m on the android version. Does that stop us from being able to borrow each other’s transformers?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Hmm. Well if they show up as a friend on there then yes but if they don’t then no. I actually have a FB friend that plays ABT but doesn’t show up in the game and he might have a different version. So maybe different versions of the app are not compatible thinking iOS doesn’t have the new update yet.

Matt Rohde
    @matt-rohde-10

If we need to be on the same platform, I’d think that’s pretty poor design, but I can’t be sure cause I can’t see their code. I am a programmer, from a programming perspective it shouldn’t be hard to communicate (especially) this simple information between two platforms.

The only information that needs to be sent is the same info that’s sent between players on the android version, or ios version. That data should be: Which Friend? Which Transformer? What level is he? How many seconds? And after combat send back a thanks or no thanks.

The idea is to send only as much information as necessary to perform the basic functionality. to prevent information discrepancies when data is sent. Let’s say High Octane Bumblebee shoots rocket bursts in the lender’s version, but in the borrower’s version, he shoots only single rockets, then use the borrower’s version of High Octane Bumblebee. Sure, you might not be using the actual High Octane Bumblebee that the lender uses, but you’re the one with the different version of the game, and at least you get to borrow him.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

I concur that this would be poor design to not be able to buddy up cross-platform however as an iOS user I would be curious to see if things change when Apple users update. Currently I’m on 1.1.18 (I think) and wonder if this will all even out after we update. Tonight I was sitting next to a friend on a Kindle Fire HD (Andriod OS) and we kept sending each other ABT requests back and forth and would go to accept them and nothing!! So frustrating. We shall see soon.

What would really make me happy is ABT cloud gaming.. But for now to be able to connect with FB friends would be nice.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Friends on different platforms?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.