Friends and Friendship Essence Questions

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Friends and Friendship Essence Questions

• I have a couple of questions about friendship essence.

First, what do you have to do to send it to people? Or in reverse, what do people have to do to send it to you? Is it simply clicking the checkmark next to their request?

Secondly, I created a new Facebook account specifically for this game. I added around 15 friends from the “friends” thread on this board. Once I did that, the requests from other players came pouring in, and I basically accepted them all. So I have tons of friends now. But when I press the button to request friendship essence, I rarely get any!

Which brings the next question. When you press the “request” essence button, who does that request go to? Does it go out to ALL your friends? Or only like 5 randomly selected friends?

I need friendship essence. I thought with tons of friends, it would be easy to get. If all it takes is hitting the check next to a request, and I send requests every time I can, are all my friends intentionally ignoring the the requests by refusing to press the checkmark button?

Any light that can be shed on how this works is appreciated.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

The requests you see from your other friends should appear and work just like the requests you send to them. When a request is accepted, a friendship essence is created and sent to the requester, with the only limitation being that you can only receive 5 essences per 24-hour period, which turns over at the same time your calendar bonus and daily dungeon advance to the next day.

Each request should appear to all of your friends, even if they have already sent an essence previously during the same 24-hour period, unless you have already received 5 essences. If you’ve received all 5 essences for the day, your requests should appear to your friends at the turn-over time.

That said, the system (if not the friends themselves) can be a little flaky. I seem to get my best results when I send a request as close to the turn-over time as possible, which for me is 4:00pm Pacific Standard Time. If I send my request early in the day (after already getting the 5 for the current 24-hour period), the response for the next day seems to be more lackluster. I think the game “forgets” some requests if they are suppressed by the daily limit for too long, but I think that’s more of a glitch than a set time-out.

Also, some times I’ve noticed that my friends list is empty even though I’m logged in to Facebook, and I need to exit and re-start the game to bring them back. It’s possible that sending a request when this occurs might not get through to anyone.

burbman
    @burbman

Also,
    You will receive essence from friends who use one of your birds for a level that is behind a friendship gate, in the chronicle caves, or daily dungeon. You can also provide essence in that manner. Similar to the request model, you are limited to five essences received per day using this method. In total, you can receive up to ten essences per day via answers to requests and borrowed birds.

EDIT – For what it is worth, even with 12 pages of friends, I usually only see about eight essences per day coming my way. But they do add up fast when we are not in an event where I am using them to respin the prize wheel.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@burbman
    There is another option : one FE a day. That’s my situation because I lose all friends when I login into rovio to get my game progress.
    I’ve written row-vee-oh twice and I think the janitor is working on the problem. I am approaching 4 weeks with only pigheaded mccool giving me one each day. Yay I’m not bitter or anything.

Money
    @moneyangrybird

I have a question, where is this Find Friends thread?

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

First, thanks for the answers! Second, quick update – today when I requested FE, I did get 5 friends to send to me. So it worked for today. Maybe it is a time-of-day thing; I will have to monitor that.

Also, I am the guy who lost all his FE the other day when claiming my daily reward. That was why I needed some so badly. I submitted a ticket to Rovio about it, and glory be, they actually acknowledged the problem and gave me back my lost FE! Rovio came through!

burbman
    @burbman

@dallasreds – So you are saying that all these times I have taken your (now level1) Red for swimming lessons in the Mouth Pool, you have not received essence in return? That’s not cool!

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@burbman
    I haven’t received any FE from friends in a month. Just from piggy mccool. My game starts at the beginning like I’ve never started it and friends are all there. When I log into Rovio my progress is back and my friends are all gone. Their third reply said it MAY be fixed in a future update. I tried deleting everthing like they said but nothing has worked. I may have slipped into a wormhole.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Ok… I thought this was the case. So, you can only recieve 5 friendship essences per day from the requests. And an additional 5 if your friends borrow your birds. Is that correct? A total of 10 a day possible?

burbman
    @burbman

@coachmp – Yes you are correct.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@coachmp I got more than ten yesterday

Coach MP
    @coachmp

thanks all!

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Oh and for what it’s worth. In AB Epic/facebook i’m Myk Patrik I think i have a few of you as friends.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@coachmp I think what is going on is there are outstanding FE requests. Like Rovio sends out 5 per day to 5 different people on your friend list, and some days they all five come back, but maybe one day, only four do, so that there is a request out there that might get processed a day later. So the third day Rovio sends out five new FE requests, and if all five come back you could get 6 on that third day (five from the current day and one from the day before). At least that’s how I think it works because if I leave a friend request in my in box in the game it never goes away (sorry, I made some of you wait to test out this theory).

The FE you get from people using your birds is more spotty, and that relies on having friends who are active, and whether your birds are useful to your friends. If you have a high level team, it doesn’t do much good to borrow a bird that is 25 levels below in terms of mastery or experience, since the bird just gets knocked out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Friends and Friendship Essence Questions

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.