Forced Ads Between Battles

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Forced Ads Between Battles

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Purchasing LCs has not worked for me. I have purchased a bag of LCs and a pouch of LCs.

Some have reported success with buying luck coins for removing ads, while others, like me, have had no success. I don’t think this is a guaranteed way of getting rid of ads. I am not willing to spend more money unless I hear more success stories – and not just from those those who have spent sizeable amounts of money.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

I spent $1 on my second account in order to buy the Golden Chili the first time it was discounted. I haven’t seen any forced ads on that account since then, and I haven’t spent any additional money on it, either.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael Thanks for mentioning that. Can I assume you spent more money on your first account, and don’t get ads on it either?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Yes – recently I bought a Heap ($18) and Bag ($9) of LCs so that I could unlock Sea Dog and Thunderbird before the Puzzle and Dragons event ended. Before that I was seeing ads every time I entered a stage; now I don’t get any.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@m-ich Why don’t we just revive the discussion here.

@burbman
    recently commented that he purchased the minimum amount of LCs for one of his games, and following this he no longer had the ads that come on before battles.

I remembered this thread, where some players indicated they had purchased the minimum amount of LCs and the ads stopped for them. Others had spent quite a bit more and the ads had stopped for them. Players were using both iOS and android systems. At the time I purchased the smallest amount of LCs (about $1.20) and this did not affect my ads. I was playing an iPad 2.

Seeing the post by @burbman today reminded me of this (thankyou @burbman), so I thought I might as well have another go. I am having problems with the game freezing after ads in the arena and I thought if I can get rid of the ads this might take care of my problem. I purchased the minimum amount of LCs again, and since then (about 12 h) I have not had an ad on my iPad (now upgraded to iPad air) with my main level 41 game. I did quite a bit of snoutling farming in SRC today.

I also have a secondary game on a small android tablet – my level 18 game. I did the same for this game and spent my $1.20 (from the Play Store), but in this case the ads did not go away.

I decided to log into the secondary account from my iPad. I went into the arena and started an arena battle. Of course there was an ad. So I purchased a small amount of LCs from my iTunes account for my secondary game. This time when I went into the arena there was no ad. I have since played half a dozen arena battles on my iPad with my secondary account and there have been no ads. Hopefully this has taken care of my problem with EPIC freezing on my iPad after showing an ad.

laura118b
    @laura118b

I bought the smallest amount on Amazon with some extra Amazon Coins I had in my account, I haven’t had a forced ad since.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

If they added an in-app purchase to get rid of ads, I’d jump right on that! But, I won’t spend real money on a maybe.

mich
    @m-ich

Okay, I wagered a buck on this and it seems to have worked. Bought the cheapest LC pack before the start of the event and haven’t seen a forced ad since. It’s been more than 24 hours and I’ve been playing a lot of battles for the event – I had quite a lot of stamina potions saved up, blew 100 of them to get all ingredients that are currently available.

mich
    @m-ich

48 hours, still no forced ads. Thanks for the great hint, @kerravon and @burbman !

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I never encounter “forced commercials” after buying lucky coins.
    However, I encounter more “click to watch” commercials.

PJng
    @pjng

So there is not guarantee ads free on Epic? Force ads almost crash my device everyday, I do not have high end device, some ads like to rotate screen, on time to rotate screen my device will very lag, even after go to battle still lagging,

And today almost every battle have ads.

Baconizer
    @korath88

I haven’t had a forced Ad in a very long time. I hope this continues.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I took the plunge and bought the lowest cost LC option. I experienced a few forced ads afterward, but now they’re gone. Like @mingkee27 said, I also see more “watch an ad for a bonus” options offered now.

GNC_Hunter
    @gnchunter

I also bought the lowest cost LC Option and did not have any forced ad since then.

I am playing on android.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Forced Ads Between Battles

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.