Forced Ads Between Battles

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Forced Ads Between Battles

• Someone asked how to deal with the forced ads that occur when replaying battles or starting battles.

I can’t directly answer the question except that in my experience, it appears that making a purchase stops the “forced” ads from occurring.

Has anyone spent as little as $0.99 USD for a Pouch of Lucky Coins and had the forced ads stop?

How about the Pile of Coins ($2.99 USD)? or Bag of Coins ($8.99 USD)?

IMHO a $1 or $3 expenditure would be well worth it in that case.

I can say that I purchased the Heaps of Lucky coins in two games ($18 each) and I have no forced ads between battles… just the optional ones for potions, extra armor, or free golden pig machine rolls.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@toothgnasher. I haven’t spent a cent of real world money on Epic… and I never will! ;)

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I have purchased a bag of lucky coins for approx $10 (AUD). I still get ads before most battles. I think I get about 5 battles without an add if I replay the same battle.

@toothgnasher
    Are you saying you don’t get any ads before any battles? And you think this is linked to your purchase of a couple of heaps of lucky coins?

It would be nice if Rovio advertised this. For some of us, the constant ads are the biggest issue with this game. I (and I am sure many others) would love to know how much it would cost to make the ads go away.

One issue with games on iPads and other tablet devices is that the apps cost very little (or are free) and the game manufacturers have to get funding from other sources. In this case the ads. People with games consoles pay a lot to purchase games – that is part of the economics for those systems. Why not pay a little for this game. I am sure there are many who would fork out a little money to stop the ads. It would be nice if this were linked to the purchase of lucky coins which may be used within the game. I might finally get Skulkers or thunderbird.

Jon
    @epicjon

I’ve spent like $20 or so and I still get ads. I don’t think they go away.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@angryde I hear you.

@epicjon
    @kerravon Interesting. I started playing on 1.0. Maybe I’ve been grandfathered in. It would suck to have those forced ads after paying money.

Next question: of those who are getting forced ads (not the optional ones that you can ignore), how many of you have a Rovio account that you’re logged in to?

Bloon Popster
    @king-piggy

I don’t mind the ads itself. The problem I’m getting is that after the ad finishes, the game becomes unresponsive for 5 mins and has a high chance of crashing. IMO there should be a way to disable ads.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@toothgnasher I think a better question might be – Is there anyone else who doesn’t receive the forced ads?

I am always logged into my rovio account when I play the game. I have a second game which I got going for my son on a small android tablet (to stop him spending my LCs) that is not connected to a rovio account. It also receives the ads.

I also had problems with watching the ads, and with the game stuttering, when playing on my old ipad 2. I recently upgraded to a new ipad air and I now have no problems playing the game and the ads run properly.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

I would gladly pay $5 to have an ad free game. It’s given me lots of playtime so far without spending a cent and I’ve barely just started.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I don’t get forced ads between battles. I have bought a modest amount of LC and a few Eagles from the shop (the Eagles were not worth it, IMHO).
    The only problem I have is that there is one ad that is running a lot now for extra strength and the floating treasure chest that freezes my Epic and my iPad. It’s the Knights and Dragons game, I think.

kevinrs
    @kevin-sexton-16

I did the $0.99 LC purchase, last week, and no longer get ads except the ones where you watch a video to get something, like 10% extra health and attack, or extra pig roll, or a potion.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@kevin-sexton-16 Interesting. That’s the way I think it SHOULD work. You buy, you only get the optional ads.

@kerravon
    I also have some “hiccups” with ads where my iPad or iPhone crashes – but those I’m referring to are the ones for getting extra 10% hitpoints, and similar. I never get ads between games.

@jtwade I’m particularly interested in ABE here. It would be an interesting exercise for everyone who has made purchases and still gets ads to contact Support and see what they say.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@toothgnasher I spent my $1.50, but I am still getting the ads.

I never do the optional ads before a battle. Just the one for the roll on the GPM and the new cave treasure chests.

elektrobank
    @elektrobank

I just spent $1.29 for 15 coins after reading this and to date on SRC haven’t had one ad since :) (for nearly 12 hours.. will see how long lasts and if it’s just no ads for the day of purchase)

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@elektrobank- Looking forward to seeing if your ads stay away! If so, i’ll def throw a buck or two at the game :)

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@elektrobank Good to know, thanks for the update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@epicjon — SRC is Star Reef Castle. I very good place for getting snoutlings and mastery using auto-play.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I have not seen it written anywhere that spending money on the game is linked to the display of ads in the game. Rovio don’t mention anything on their EPIC site about this. Spending the $1.50 yesterday did not help me, although it seems to have helped @elektrobank. Is there an official Rovio line on this?

The truth is I could live with the still shots. But the video ads add to your data usage (and waste my time). I don’t even want to try this game from the personal hotspot on my phone.

elektrobank
    @elektrobank

I can confirm still all good after approx 2 days (in 4-6 hour stints) that have not had one add (either video or static picture ad) since I paid $1.29 for entry level coins.. :)

Fingers crossed this will remain, but who knows – like most things Epic I have seen – different strokes for different folks

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@elektrobank What platform are you on? I use an iPad.

elektrobank
    @elektrobank

@kerravon I switch between iPad and iPhone (both on iOS7 – not that that prob matters), but predominately iPad – I have a script running on whenever I’m home to grind away on an autoplay loop.. so having no ads is massive, in that I don’t have to reboot the script whenever the ad changes.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@elektrobank You haven’t updated to the latest iOS 8.1.1?

elektrobank
    @elektrobank

@kerravon No.. not until there is Gridlock 2.0 support / or the like.. I doubt that has any impact on the ads tho

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@elektrobank I am getting a Lindt ad come up at the moment. It is far less intrusive than the other ads. I wish Rovio would learn from this.

elektrobank
    @elektrobank

I used to find that when I start a new session I get the video ads for about 30 mins to an hour, then the static ads for about the same, then no ads until I reboot the app..

Tho I did find most of the time the static ads were always in Japanese or some other Asian language :/

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

In several other discussions people have noted that making in-game purchases seems to vanquish the “forced” ads.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Forced Ads Between Battles

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.