"For the Pirate King!” Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "For the Pirate King!” Event

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Replies
  • Baconizer
    @korath88

Well, I think I’ve got this one in the bag. Currently at the top of my board with 21k points. Second place is about 6k behind me.

Mopurglar
    @mopurglar

I finally managed to pass GG, though this other guy also shot up early on like GG and decided to pass him yesterday (likely just stamina drinks). No biggie, as long as I finish in the top 3.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kerravon

I’m not sure “foolish” is the word I’d use. What else is there to do in the game? I’ve got every star, have diamond anvil and cauldron, golden chili, 1000+ health potions and 600 or so rage cake slices. And around 150,000 snoutlings. Should I just hoard potions and snoutlings in case something ever opens up brand new, in which case I would immediately max it out and be back to square one (of boredom)? I think it is more likely Rovio will just release Epic 2 before they add enough to Epic to make it abruptly noteworthy.

No, fun is where we make it, and if I did decide to try to best GG, it would be in the service of fun. Sometimes we have to make our own white whale to chase. Hell, if we all had enough “fun” we could knock him down to two stars on all of his boards. *smile* Consider it a mob attack, like Anonymous turning out a DoS against a site they dislike.

Besides, the reason I did the math was to show that I think it unlikely GG does another burst of cheating, at least not within the last hour of event play. He calculated exactly what three days of uninterrupted, very lucky play would yield and he dialed it in. Other folks are needing to use potions and FE to beat his score. And what does he care — he’s still going to be rolling three stars on whatever account he decides to roll it even if he isn’t in first place.

(Just for the record, I have over 600 stamina potions and nearly 400 FE. So I wouldn’t really be putting myself out. *smile*)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

firedragon
    @mingkee27

It’s completed with 40K.
    null

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I finished in third place (I didn’t really try to play that hard since I already have all classes at rank 10) and got 500 snoutlings*2 and 6 stamina potions, plus the achievement for completing the event :-)

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

While playing, I did use several stamina drinks when I was bored and wanted to do another event battle. I also blew through a bunch of FE while spinning for the top reward. I’ve still got well over 100 stamina drinks, though, and several hundred FE, so I didn’t mind using them. I finished first with just under 34K. I think I got 2500 for all and Red, plus stamina drinks. It helped my Avenger and Bard both move up to their next rank.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Got second place, and the wheel landed on 2500 All, 2500 Matilda, 2500 Blues.

The only classes not at level 10 for me now are two Bomb classes, two Matilda classes, and two Red classes (Stone Guard is still only level 7).

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137 I guess we should owe GG some thanks. He/she has probably generated more interest and activity in this event than we have had for quite some time. The leaderboards have been quite slow for the recent events, with very little competition.

It was odd that GG only played on the first day and did not add to his/her score for the remainder of the Event. I was just suggesting that it was pretty risky to use resources, when you really don’t know what this person’s motives were. Some people do things like this just because they know it will annoy others. But yes, in the end, they did not do anything further. Perhaps they just went away for the weekend.

I don’t know that there was anything significant about GG’s score. The event was 4 days + 5 h, rather than 3 days. But since these events are usually 3 days in length, it is possible the 30,875 was determined based on 3 days of playing. I had thought GG had just dialed up 30,000, played a couple fights and then left it – but only GG knows for sure.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Here’s a thought. What if Rovio created GG to force people to play a lot in the event in order to get first place. To keep people from getting first place too easily. More playtime equals more ad revenue.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@neomerlinmagic

I had the same thought for a second, but I sure hope Rovio didn’t do that. Some folks spent things that cost real LC, meaning potentially real money, so such a stunt would basically be akin to Rovio taking money directly out of people’s pockets in a non-straightforward fashion. Dirty pool.

@kerravon

The math worked out too evenly for me to think GG’s score was random. Yes, the event was actually longer than three days, but the assumption that dialing in 72 hours of 750-winning gameplay was intentional, and enough to end up rolling three stars (on my leaderboard, anyway — anyone play on a board where GG got knocked all the way down to 4th place?). If you start from the other direction and dial in three days of “work”:

3 days x 96 stamina/day = 288 stamina
    288 stamina / 7 stamina/battle = 41.142857
    41.142857 battles x 750 medals per battle = 30,857

Rounded to the nearest 5, that would actually equate to 30,860, but maybe he transposed the last two digits to make the score end in a proper 5 or 0. *smile*

It would have been risky to use resources, and that’s why I ended up not doing so. I got second place…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I got skunked with 2500 + 2500 + 6 potions.

Even the re-rolls on my main never got me 2500 for all.

As expected, my backup account couldn’t catch the other 4xx, only got 2500 + 2500.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Did anyone get the achievement?

Anonymous

@tigerussell I got it as soon as the reward wheel appeared. Did you?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@partshade no I didnt get it.

Anonymous

@tigerussell I would contact Rovio then. I personally would be really mad if I played the whole event and didn’t get the achievement.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "For the Pirate King!” Event

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.