For the Pirate King again

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum For the Pirate King again

• This event just popped up on my map. Coming in 10 days once again.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

@bubbley
    Obviously, rovio is just creating events again and again…

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Looks like Rovio are recycling the events to keep us busy until they can fix some of the “epic” bugs in the game. Just a thought.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I am tired of it.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

The events were fun playing when they were new, but playing old events over and over is not fun

kyododom
    @kyododom

@neomerlinmagic

Yeah, you may have a point there. It certainly seems a bit odd how a sixth class was added for Red (Stone Guard) in the pretty enjoyable mini-campaign back in April (?) and yet there has been nothing similar for the other birds since then.

I don’t think all players across all platforms were affected, but the December 2014 event was a complete disaster for me (iOS) & I’m not surprised it has taken Rovio HQ plenty of time to fix things.

I think we’ll need an update to Epic before any more new classes are introduced (if anyone knows better please correct me) so the upcoming Pirate King event is probably just a regular event. Happy to be proven wrong though!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@abginebird @neomerlinmagic @mingkee27 yep seems they have run out of ideas. I think everyone is bored with recycled events as many are with the Arena.

Blue Pig Cypork
    @alex-apfel

I thought Rovio would add an season finale event like the one where we got Red’s Stone Guard, but for another bird…. :/

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@alex-apfel
    …or somthing like the puzzle and dragon event… Like,star wars(?)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. These events are great way to get a lot of free mastery and potions for when you will need them. But if you don’t want the free snouts and mastery, please feel free to sit out and let someone else get the bonuses.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I think Rovio is recycling the events so newer players have a chance to get more mastery, although the mastery available from most of these events isn’t that high. BTW, if you look at the Epic Bugs thread, you will see that there is no update expected before the end of June. The big items are fixing the Epic log-in bug and conversion to 64 bit support (my order of priorities is opposite Rovio’s).

Jim151
    @jim151

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. These events are great way to get a lot of free mastery and potions for when you will need them. But if you don’t want the free snouts and mastery, please feel free to sit out and let someone else get the bonuses.

I probably will sit it out. I have 450 stamina drinks and 120,000 snouts.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Not that high?

If I spin up a 2,500 ALL, that’s 60,000+ Mastery that I gain.

Now, maybe when I’m mostly 10s, it won’t be an issue, but right now, it’s great.

Blue Pig Cypork
    @alex-apfel

@abginebird or a plants vs. zombies mash-up event :)

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Why doesn’t Rovio create an event to get a new class or more bonus LC?
    The one for Stone Guard was a good one.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — In some of the earlier events, you got much more mastery from each battle. I agree that the final spin is pretty good.

Gyorgy Bano
    @gyorgy-bano

I think the problem is that once you are level 45 all you can do is grinding to raise your birds to Class 10 (I have mostly 7 and 8) Even when 2500 mastery sounds a lot it still far from getting up much faster. Also there is not much challenge if you finished all the caves, PvP becomes boring for me.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Gyorgy has it right – at lv.45, the main thing is just grinding Snouts to buy Mastery. I’m hoping to get my first few birds to 10, but wow is that slow going with most of my birds at 8.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gyorgy-bano @graugeist — There is a forum thread on the best ways to grind snoutlings. It’s linked the the Epic tips thread. Yes, it is a lot of work, and if you have 3* on everything and are tired of the arena, there might not be much point. However, there is a new update coming out, so you might want higher ranks for that.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

You need to have about 21000 snoutings @30% off at dojo to raise a single class from mastery 1 to 10 (I did once to Stone Guard once I acquired it).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 It is 19,180 snoutlings because it takes 274 classes to go from rank 1 to rank 10.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Guess I’ll be grinding for more snoutlings, need to get my Pig Cherry Juice (Rank 6), Burning Veggie Cake, and Fruit Cake (Rank 7) numbers above 400, currently have low 380’s in each.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

What’s the best Bird Setup for Pirate King Battles?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

At Lv.45 with appropriate gear, I’m just running my default team:
    – Lightning Wizard
    – Scissors Sea Dog
    – BEEP! Spies
    Drop the Chili, and the 3s and 5s are done without a scratch.

(I don’t do 7s, because I want more potions)

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@strategia55 @graugeist Lots of teams work easily. Graugeist’s suggestion works well, but you should attach the Sea Dog to your Spies before you use the chili on your Wizard. That way your Sea Dog gets an extra attack as opposed to immediately giving Chuck a chili.

I haven’t gotten the 7 stamina battle yet and don’t remember what you have to fight, but you can probably use the same strategy and substitute Rainbird in for Wizard if you need some healing.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

There’s a bug when you use Bard against the Medium level: If Bard hits Smunje( Not sure correct name or not) and Captain, they’ll counterattack immediately.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum For the Pirate King again

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.