Favorite and Least Favorite levels

Home Forums Bad Piggies Fan Club by Pigineering Favorite and Least Favorite levels

• I was wondering whzt your favorite and least favorite levels are. I’ll post mine next chance i get to play bad piggies. I have to play it on my moms tablet, so… Yeah you can do one per episode if you want.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Welcome to the new forums and congrats on your first (non-glitchy) topic :) I hadn’t considered on advertising this forum yet because I have yet to come up with a contents list for what I want to document here.

Curiously none of us have ever discussed which are our favorite levels, aside from the obvious addiction to Field of Dreams.

I think the best levels are found in the new Tusk ‘Til Dawn episode because they are very innovative. Some of the levels hint at pretending to be 3 dimensional in nature while others look complicated but are easy to understand and beat. They are also all made of cake, which automatically makes all levels delicious!

The horizontal Road Hogs levels are also fun in that they test your engineering skill to build a lightweight, fast vehicle with good traction, but you have to trade between lightness and the possibility of “epig failure” of wood parts snapping en route.

My least favorite levels are those that involve flying vertically as there is a lot of micromanaging required – more button mashing involved and that’s not what I want from a bedside casual game like Bad Piggies.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

I have not that much interest in custom levels, so I’m saying of sandbox ones(without FoD).

FitN S-5 is a good place of making experiments for aerodynamics, long and straight way is excellent for this.

RnS S-8 has relatively flat land(less inclines), good for ground experiments.

Yes, FoD is the best anyway. but my Android device do not have it(only for my laptop).

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

I’ll have to check out FitN S-5 later. Thanks for the tip!

yimmy7
    @yimmy7

My least favorite level is the one in rise and swine, and you get 3 wooden boxes and 2 grappling hooks. krak snap star was SO HARD. I enjoyed ground hog day, because I mostly like to watch as the thing that i built went, with minimal interaction

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

But of course, the designer of the level wanted to make things challenging. And we all know how fragile wooden boxes are :)

yimmy7
    @yimmy7

that was one of the three levels i broke down and used glue…

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

It’s probably possible to get no kraksnap with the wood on that level but it probably will take a number of repeat attempts and hope luck is kind to you – just like various levels in Angry Birds that are intended to entice you to repeatedly play them to master them :)

yimmy7
    @yimmy7

actually, i didn’t use glue on this one, but i never wanted to spend hours on a single star again

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Neither do I.. I don’t even go out of my way to get stars, cos I am just such a lazy pig :D

yimmy7
    @yimmy7

my family always wants 100% on the games we play. actually only me and my brother, but, we’re the only 2 who play videogames alot. :P

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, my least favorite levels have to be the ones I don’t have 3* on, and have given up trying:
    The time star on Rise and Swine 2-IV (I hate grappling hooks!)
    Tusk till Dawn 5-11 — the box in the cave
    Tusk till Dawn 5-IV — the time trial
    When Hogs Fly R-5 — the second time trial
    Don’t know which I like least.

yimmy7
    @yimmy7

glad to know i’m not the only one who hates grappling hooks :)

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@MVNLA2 — 2-IV is surely an annoying level, but I’m afraid the other levels are sort of easy ones.

Esp. R-5; it is not hard to make it even under 30 sec.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

If the level is annoying I will just leave it at one star and get back to it another day. Repeated retries can be frustrating due to the ‘luck factor’ involved with the timing required some levels and fragile wood pieces.

I just go back to try it another day and viola, not so many retries needed. Makes the game last much way longer since I play at my own pace and not aim to 3-star everything on the first try and frustrate myself…

I mean, I don’t even do 3-star walkthrough videos. LOL.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@mvnla2 I just added my strategies for 5-11, 5-IV, and R-5 to the walkthrough pages. Hopefully they might help you.

Can’t help you with 2-IV since I did it the same way as in the video after about fifty tries. The only advice I can give is shoot off the hook just as the front wheel is hitting the pothole and hit restart if it doesn’t attach.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @SnTrooper — Will have to check these levels out again.

Sandeep
    @sandeep-kamath

I like building good machines more than just completing levels. ;)

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@sandeep-kamath – indeed! Sandbox is the best gameplay mode in Bad Piggies because you can design any vehicle for any (imaginary) objective. Just a pity the build space was not expandable further or we’d have gone for skyscrapers and megamachines already.

Another pet peeve of mine : Why not make Bad Piggies moddable? Community can self-generate new episodes and challenges, making the game self sustaining.

Sandeep
    @sandeep-kamath

I wish Field of Dreams was free. I haven’t paid so I play other sandboxes. They are good but building machines in Field of Dreams is more fun. :)

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Definitely agree there. I never purchased it for Android because FoD needs to be purchased for each individual device, it seems.

Good thing there’s a PC version of the game, where Field of Dreams is free :)

calvin
    @alfredcalvin

I much having hard time completing the level, I am stucked with FitN S-5, which I always failed.. so I need to see more guide in order for me to overcome those obstacle.

Home Forums Bad Piggies Fan Club by Pigineering Favorite and Least Favorite levels

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.