Facebook Restore and Rovio Support

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Facebook Restore and Rovio Support

• This is a lengthy post so here’s my two main points:

1. If you have to restore from Facebook do NOT press the PLAY icon on the main intro screen or play any of the intro levels to ABT. There is a Facebook login icon in the lower right. Use this to re-establish your Facebook link and your game progress will be restored.
    2. Rovio Support can be very helpful. Thanks Tadeusz!

For those that are interested here’s the backstory…

During the token exchange for the Stunticon event (July 21) I was able to overpower Dead End to Level 16, my first overpower, upgrade to the latest 1.29.x and raise my Silo to Level 16…all ready for the next event with my 140% Ratchet. Overall my rank was 572.

Then the strangest thing happened.

My Samsung S6 Active phone is in my pocket while mowing the lawn and somehow/someway it decides to reset to factory defaults. A bummer but in the end I was able to retrieve all of my apps and I have to admit Google does a good job of saving little details like app icon placement so it was mostly signing into each app again. I only use Facebook for the ABT backup feature and thought it was going to be just as easy to restore.

A while back I moved my ABT progress from an iPad to my Android phone using Facebook so I followed the same proceedure – reinstall ABT, play some intro levels until you can get to Settings then re-establish Facebook sync. You’ll get some message that game data is being restored and after a restart you are back in business.

I did all that and I remember seeing a message about game progress being restored but it never showed up. I continued to play, rescuing Bumblebee and Soundwave and reaching Level 4 but still no Level 572. I uninstalled ABT then reinstalled and chose the Facebook login on the first intro screen rather than play any rounds. Ahh, now we’re cooking…game progress being restored…except…oh no…it was progress from the just deleted ABT :( Somehow the progress restore got overwritten with the new ABT install…at Level 4.

This looked to be the end for me and ABT. Starting over would mean too much effort that I was not willing to invest. I actually composed a post for the
    “Reassessing My Life” post (https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/reassessing-my-life-omg-what-have-i-done/) saying my farewell to the game and group but then I remembered I could open a Rovio support ticket. I did so and they were able to restore my original progress. It took a few back and forth emails to get the right backup but I ended up back at Level 571 within a couple days. Why not 572? Because I had done the overpower the same day as my data loss Rovio said Facebook’s backup did not get that granular. It was a small price to pay. Kudos to Tadeusz at Rovio Support for being fast and helpful.

For a moment I did contemplate all the free time I would have without ABT and in the midst of these latest events I do think about how much time I put into the game. I guess I wanted to quit the game on my own terms like all bots acquired and leveled up rather than have it taken away unexpectedly. For now…game on!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Facebook Restore and Rovio Support

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.