Facebook photo as AB avatar

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook photo as AB avatar

• How can I choose my facebook photo as an avatar in AB2?
    I see many people with customized pictures, but all I see as the first picture in the avatar screen ist die grey/white face.
    Thank you!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Firstly just to confirm, is your FB account currently connected to your AB2? – You can confirm by tapping on any map level, and make sure it doesn’t say ‘connect FB’ on the screen that pops up on any map level

Then simply return to the main homescreen, tap on your name in the middle of the screen at the top, scroll all the avatars to the top, and your picture should be the first one.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Yes, everything is connected and I still don’t see my facebook avatar. There’s only this blank white head.

Anonymous

@jo-ha your only other option is to delete AB2, reboot your device, reinstall AB2, play the tutorial, tap on level 1 (do not enter the stage), connect FB….that should bring you back to where you are now progress wise (inc gems, pearls) and then check if you FB pic is at the top of the avatars.

I cant guarantee that will work, but I can’t really think how else to refresh the FB option from within AB2. Assuming you are iOS, Game Center will also bring you back to where you are progress wise, but you then connect FB straight after the tutorial and then tap on your name, scroll to top of avatars.

But after the uninstall, make sure you reboot your device as that will clear any cache issues.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Thank you, man, it worked!
    I just deleted and reloaded it, after I connected to Facebook, I was able to Chose my photo.

…but I noticed something else: I deleted the app, reloaded it, startet it and I am able to Play the daily challenge again! Both, the daily stuff and KPP. Cool, free Pearls :-D.

Anonymous

Oh you can defintley keep deleting, rebooting, installing to play DC and KPP over and over again, especially if one was trying to save up 25k pearls (as an example lol).

But glad it worked :D

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

No Need, I have 26.995 black pearls ;-), but nevertheless I could have moooore!!!!

No Need to reboot even, I didn’t do that, but it worked anyway.

Anonymous

but nevertheless I could have moooore!!!!

Exactly, you could come and join the 33k+ group lol

As to the reboot, it may have been to do with gems. I honestly can’t remember, as I just do it for most of those works arounds now. It might not even be needed anymore for any work around, none the less a reboot clears cache after an app deletion, so I play it safe I guess.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

What do you mean with the gems?
    Do the gems get reset, when you uninstall and reload the game?

Anonymous

What do you mean with the gems?

If you had an android phone, after deletion/reboot/reinstall you then play the tutorial, and if you actually entered level 1 (instead of just connecting your FB account), and then quit that level but straight away connected your FB account….it would add 70gems to your overall total that you get back when the FB account is connected.

So if I had 100 gems, and I did the above, I would then have 170. If I did it again, I would then have 240 etc.

However I just remembered you are iOS? If that is the case, you don’t actually get to play level 1 again from the perspective of a “new game” as Game Center already brings you back to your current progress.

I haven’t bothered explaining all of the above i.e. Playing KPP/DC unlimited times per day, nor the 70 gem trick as some users complain that connecting a FB account is too hard, so these little tricks would just complicate the whole thing!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Alright, thanks for the explanation.
    I am on iOS, correct. I didn’t notice any Change in the gems, only in the daily challenge.

I don’t see what’s complicated about the Connection to Facebook – though I had to ask about the picture ;-).

PhoenixThunder
    @phoenixt

I am having the same problem.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

@chucky-2 and @jo-ha, did you ever had the special pack glitch? I tried to ‘pretend’ that purchase by canceling it, and I got that set (includes a leaderboard photo frame, Red’s crown, and a lot of gems) for free!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook photo as AB avatar

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.