Facebook friends missing from Epic

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Facebook friends missing from Epic

• After logging back into Facebook from Epic, all my Facebook friends are missing from the friend lists. Even removing Epic from Facebook and adding it back by logging in from Epic did not fix the problem. And it appears that only name and profile picture is shared with Epic; sharing of Facebook friends is no longer an option.

So now I can no longer borrow any birds from friends. Are any of you experiencing the same? I guess just to be on the safe side, do not log out of Facebook from Epic for as long as you can.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • ;)
    @winkwink

I have to log out of Facebook every day to play the arena because when I am logged in the game crashes. this has been happening for over two years and I notified Rovio twice, but no response. Fortunately my friends list is always there and you are on it. send them a support request – but don’t hold your breath ;)

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink

Glad to hear that you are not affected. I suggest you avoid removing Epic from Facebook, as it seems that adding it back will not have any option of sharing your Facebook friends with Epic. You can check your Epic app settings on Facebook. And it seems that some other players complained about the same problem on their Facebook page.

Sadly, I will never send them a support request ever again, not after they unceremoniously reset my game profile on the suspicion of cheating upon acting on a separate support request in the past.

daniel-jablonski
    @daniel-jablonski

Hello DD. I have the same problem. Yesterday game was logout Facebook and when i log in dont See game friends :/

Mar1nolix
    @marinolix

I have the same problem, i log out of facebook account and then logged in again and my friends disappeard… I even tried to add friends again but they said that they didnt get any notifications on facebook

Stevencore
    @stevencore

Hello there DD. Just to inform you that you still are present in my friends list. Hope it does not affect your possibility to ask for FE. I’m still borrowing your birds as often as possible, mostly daily. Hope you won’t get short of FE.

Cheers – Stevencore – FCIM1908

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Same thing happened with me.  The arena reliably crashes if I am logged in to Facebook when completing two daily tasks at the same time, so I logged out of Facebook when that couldn’t be avoided, and my friends list has remained empty since logging back in.

The support site suggests removing Epic from the Games section of your Facebook account, but when I signed back in after doing that the only permissions it requests are my name and profile picture.  There is no option to share my friends list.

Also, when I click on Angry Birds Epic from the Games page, it gives me a “misconfigured app” error page.  It looks like Epic got screwed up on Facebook somehow.

DD
    @toolow

@stevencore

Sadly, I don’t receive any FE by asking from friends everyday. I do receive FE from borrowed birds but not getting the full 5 FEs everyday. And I never receive any FE from you borrowing my birds! (which may be a separate problem altogether :( )

@dahnlor

Yup. Except I can’t even find the Games page (this one is down to my own ineptitude). In any case, they’re just carry on screwing up. *sigh*

I’d ask to add you (or you can add me), but at this point we won’t be receiving any FE from each other.

;)
    @winkwink

Now it is happening to me. All the suggested fixes do not work – even uninstalling & reinstalling. I get the occasional FE, but cannot get the friends list to borrow birds for the dungeons or caves. I see Rovio has not posted on their FB page since August either, so maybe they are pulling away from the game.

Adameq201PL
    @adameq201pl

Same, but we must see that ABE don’t ask us for friend list

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I *think* what is going on with daily FE requests is Rovio sends them to only five of your FB friends at random. If you have a lot of FB friends that don’t play ABE, then you miss that FE from the request sent to the non-playing friend (since they don’t keep sending out requests until you get five).

I rarely get FE from people using my flock. I think it must be the tuna-garlic perfume they all use.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui

I’m not sure about that since I got FE requests from the same FB friends almost daily still. But Rovio definitely limits daily FE we receive to 5, regardless of how many responses you get.

On the other hand, I don’t receive FEs from some FE friends who borrowed my birds. Definitely smells fishy, indeed.

BTW, many thanks for borrowing my birds at least occasionally still since I do receive a few FEs from you every week. I’d borrow your birds but I haven’t been able to since this debacle began a month ago.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@toolow For a while I decided to track who I was getting FE from by only responding to FE requests when I got one from them. The que in my inbox got hundreds of requests long, with multiple request from mostly the same people. So it was clear my requests were not going to the same people who were giving me FE. But I didn’t see an obvious pattern. I toyed with the idea of unfriending everyone in fb who wasn’t sending me FE, but that seemed extreme. Basically, I gave up trying to figure it out, and don’t worry about FE anymore.

You’re welcome. I figure if someone goes to the trouble of elevating their flock to a high level, there ought to be some reward (other than getting to fight teams with a power level in the 5 digits in Arena)

ABE is sort of one debacle after another. What keeps me coming back are debacles for Rovio that happen every so often. Like the time zone quirk a while back. That was sweet.

;)
    @winkwink

@jamairoqui, the time zone quirk was sweet indeed! We should form a network to alert each other when favorable slip ups from Rovio occur. I still think Rovio is pulling back from the game, although Pawel did respond to my complaint about this issue, stating they were aware of the friends problem and working on it.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@winkwink  It does feel like something changed with the game. Like Rovio has given up.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui

I keep track on who borrowed my birds and who responded to my FE request. (You’re 7th top most contributors for borrowing my birds, top 6th for responding to my requests. Thank you again.) And I priorities who I borrow birds from in case I don’t have the time to service everyone. I responded to all FE requests since it’s no loss to me and I get to clear the inbox. :)

Power level in the 5th digit in arena?! Yikes. I can barely handle half that power level.

Debacles, indeed. :) What is the time zone quirk? Speaking of which, starting this August, leap months are reversed in the calendar :) How is this possible is beyond me!

@winkwink

@jamairoqui

@pointless
    , @kennymcc and I used FB messenger in the past to collaborate. Rovio might still be looking to fix the problem, but they might feel little to no incentive for them to do so. Even simple problems some times take months to fix, if at all.

DD
    @toolow

Now that the 50mil FB accounts were breached, more Epic users may be affected by this problem. That is, of course, if it still has a sizeable active user base.

Wahyu
    @nurw

Many peploe now get this issue, i tired to support them but not replying, im tired to 2nd support. Hope they can fix it, im want to borrowing bird from friends too

SGM90
    @peter-grinevics

I reported all friends missing from my game early September 2018. Support team told me they are investigating the problem. I have not received any further news.

DD
    @toolow

Now I can’t even login to FB anymore from Epic… :(

AngryBirdPigKiller
    @alinangrybirds

Same to me there is no way to fix i haved only 2 friends

ThinkBui
    @thinkbui

My cousin’s boyfriend says that his Facebook friends suddenly reappeared a couple of days ago.  I’ll double check with him, but I don’t think he did anything besides just play the game periodically.

DD
    @toolow

Yup, my friend list is populated again without any action from me. Just when the app is no longer available on the app stores, and almost all my FB friends have stopped playing it for months.

Still can’t play the arena due to the blocking black screen. Yes, one can request support to sort it out, but as I have mentioned many times before, I will never do that again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Facebook friends missing from Epic

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.