Excessive data usage and the latest update?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Excessive data usage and the latest update?

• I am still on an older version of the game. I start this game with no data on. The reason for this is a month or two ago, I blew through my data limit (2gb a month), which cost me in $$$. I had a look at what had used it all and noticed ABT had used a whopping 1.8gb! Some of that would be videos, true. But since starting with data off and then turning it back on when started, showed 500mb….much better.

I play a lot (probably the greatest portion) on the train to work, hence my concern.

I heard tell the latest version forces you to start with data on for these “soft updates” (which I have noted carry most of the bugs). Is this true? If so, it is unfair that Rovio decides for me that it’s updates are more important than my other general internet/facebook/youtube/whatever browsing.

Mr @gradientturtle7 could you please pass that on?

Cheers

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hi @omp180, thanks for playing! Typically, a data (“soft”) update for the game will total less than 2mb, and they aren’t issued more often than once per week or so. I suspect that the majority of your data usage will be from videos.

DataGlutton
    @coreymj

I, too, have noticed a HUGE jump in DATA usage on my Android device over the last month. Is this from advertising? Advertising to delete Angry Birds, perhaps.

Over the course of 13-Sep thru 13-Oct Angry Birds sucked up over 190Mb of data. Nothing compared to the OP’s 1.8Gb, but 190 is about 40% of my plan limit per month. I don’t play much, a few times a week, for a few minutes.

This is a new behavior. Angry Birds has always played well with my carrier data limits in the past. Not anymore.

I don’t mind the in-play popups, and I will look at them, but the poor-quality, crappy vids are just a huge turn off when it starts costing me money.

So, I’d like to get some advice here what the story is. With that data usage footprint, Angry Birds is just going to go to the trash bin before it blows thru all my data…

Thanks!
    C.

omp180
    @omp180

I just checked, in 10 days only watching the bare videos (I can’t watch them in the morning as it shows a video that crashes), starting the game with no data on, it has used 500mB.

Can add screen shot if needs be.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Excessive data usage and the latest update?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.