Event Leaderboards

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Event Leaderboards

• I do not think I have read any posts from players who have not finished first in their event leaderboards so far. Would be interested to see if each users board is set by Rovio to give them a high likelihood of finishing in the top spot, (or if the competitors are even all real players) Post a screen capture of the next event here, and I will look to see if there are any common opponents and we can see how consistent they are.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — I think @BirdLeader finished second. I finished first, ahead of an unnamed Hawaiian Princess, who kept gaining on me.

angryde
    @angryde

@burbman @mvnla2. I’m fairly sure that #2 on my board was a real person and not a Rovio bot/fiction. We were in a very tight race until about 15,000 medals. At that point, I really focused on the event a developed a substantial lead… at which point he simply appeared to give up on coming first (with some bursts of ‘no, I can do it’ thrown in). If he was an algorithm, he/it behaved in a VERY human way – and I don’t credit Rovio with that much programming skill! ;-P

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I wondered about this, too. I have epic on 2 iOS devices, and didn’t begin the puzzles and dragons event on either one until at least a day after the challenge started (I missed the first challenge b/c I hadn’t upgraded).

On both, I was middle of the pack initially, but with semi-frequent play — very few stanima potions used — I ended up in first place with around 20,000 vs. second place around 13,000. Contrast that with some people saying they won with 50,000+ and second place around 40,000.

So was wondering if they will slot players based on past performance or how often the play the game… or if you start slow maybe you get mixed in with more casual players, giving you better shot at 1st place.

I guess we’ll have more data, if not answers, in a few hours.

Anonymous

@colkurtz Actually I think I can confirm that! Because I finished first with about 17,000 and my 2nd place competitor was around 13,000. So yes I also think that players are matched up in a certain way.

burbman
    @burbman

Here is my Leaderboard for this event, definitely different than last time.

Under the cloud of night leaderboard

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

We are not being matched. Just that some boards are more competitive than others. My current board is mostly low-level lightweights < level 20, just like Burbman. There’s a Level 25, but he hasn’t started playing yet.

I have 2500+, 2nd is 700-ish.

TomC
    @tomc

In the first event, all the players on my board were same level (Level 33), but the second event it was all over the place. The players do seem real because the #1 person on my board started out the event at Level 34 and progressively gained a level every few days until the cap at Level 37. There’s also reports of people being stuck on “Calculating” after the event has completed due to not all 15 players having opened the app in order for the prizes to be awarded.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The screenshot of my leaderboard isn’t loading.
    However, this is who is there:
    7865 level 37 Stubby
    6240 L 37 MVNLA(me)
    4180 L 16 Unnamed
    1420 L 30 Unnamed
    1170 L 14 Qwerty
    105 L 8 Unnamed
    the rest are unnamed with 0 points

MadMike
    @madmike

Guys on 2nd and 3rd place still have their starting scores.
    ABE leaderboards

Jim151
    @jim151

Guys on 2nd and 3rd place still have their starting scores.

I have a couple of those too. They must be inactive players who never collected from a previous event.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman @Cosmo2503 — Stubby, who was number one at 7865, is now #2, still at 7865. Yeah me! But I think this indicates that the people who started out immediately with high scores are the ones still stuck in “calculating” from the last event, and they can’t play this one, even if they want to. Maybe this is Rovio’s way of fixing the “calculating bug.” Which might also explain why the battles are so easy, and the increase in mastery for your birds so small.
    So this morning, my leaderboard is
    7910 L 37 MVNLA
    7865 L 37 Stubby (unchanged)
    4180 L 16 Unnamed (unchanged)
    1420 L 30 Unnamed (unchanged)
    1170 L 14 Qwerty (unchanged)
    645 L 8 Unnamed increased 540 pts
    285 L 10 Unnamed increased 285 pts
    The rest are still at 0
    So it appears I have 2 active players at low ranks.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Question – how many Level 40+ are you guys seeing?

I have yet to see one.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — People who played Epic during its beta release were able to reach level 41. I have several on my FB friends’ list, but thankfully none on my Event leaderboard. I’m level 37, which is currently the highest allowed, and have only 1 other level 37 on my leaderboard.

Annifrid
    @annifrid

Event leaderboard

Here’s mine … the only person besides me who’s improved since yesterday is the #3.

dive.st
    @richrupp

Under the Cloud of Night Five Fives

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Impressive!

dive.st
    @richrupp

I would expect Rovio to adjust the pairing based on what drives the most credit purchases. Let’s see.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Given that only 10-20% actually bother to play the event, and there’s no significant bonus for being first, I’m not sure I’m going to focus much on the next event as long as I can lock in a Top 3 finish.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Based on comments posted under this topic and from the Under the cloud topic, I am not sure that the leaderboards were set up by simply placing all players into groups of 15 (was it 15?). I have had several of the players mentioned in the posts in my leaderboards, but none of the ABN members I see commenting. I wonder if we are given a leaderboard, to which 14 other names are added. We may, although not always, be on the leaderboards of these other players.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Event Leaderboards

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.