Event Leaderboard Mechanics

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Event Leaderboard Mechanics

• It looks like the event leaderboard is a random selection of people at your current level. I was already 5th place this morning not having done anything, and the people displayed were definitely not on my friend’s list.

If the above is true, then perhaps it’s more strategic to be at say Level 32 or 31 instead of 33 or 25 (being the most common levels) so there’s much more competition for prizes. Apparently some people have no one else on their leaderboards also.

Can anyone Level 34 or higher confirm if the leaderboards are empty or near empty?

Also do the pirate enemies for the event match your current level or are they all level 33?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Replies
  • hibobbye
    @hibobbye

I am level 41, and I am the only person on my leaderboard.

The pirate enemies are level 41 for me.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

How can you be at level 41 when I’m at “max” of Level 33?

hibobbye
    @hibobbye

The game was first soft launched in a few countries and the max level was 41. After they released the game worldwide, they lowered the max level to 25 and have subsequently increased it to 33.

burbman
    @burbman

I am flying solo at level 33.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

I am the only one on my leaderboard at level 33. Does anyone with more than themselves on a leaderboard know what causes you to be ranked higher? Is the goal to get medals? Or is it something else?

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

I too am the only one on the board…at 12,225. Anyone higher?

bouboule
    @bouboule

Alone with level 33

Anonymous

@dbkraemer Enough metals get you one two or three stars on the “Big Wheel” with all the Mastery points on it.

I’m level 33 and alone on my leaderboard. And my enemies matched my level.

TomC
    @tomc

@dbkraemer Indeed it’s ranked by the event medals (which are just points). Very lucky if you’re alone since you’ll be guaranteed a 3-star spin on the event prize wheel (at the conclusion of the event).

TomC
    @tomc

What my leaderboard looks like right now:

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tomc — Your image link doesn’t work. Why not upload it to your album.
    BTW — I am alone on my leaderboard at level 33, and a several of the people above who say they are level 33 and alone are my facebook friends. Go figure!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tomc — Forget what I said about the pic, but now you have a huge image.

TomC
    @tomc

@mvnla2 Yeah the leaderboard doesn’t seem related to FB friends at all. Wish I didn’t have to compete with the guy at almost 24,000 points though haha.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Thanks for the picture. It looks like the number of stars is entirely based on your metal point score in relation to 15 random players. 3 people will get 3 stars, 5 get 2 stars and 7 get 1 star. At the end we’ll get to spin the wheel for Mastery points and Stamina. Hopefully you will be lucky enough to get the +1500 for all birds at the end of the event.

TomC
    @tomc

@killerkea Yeah, though assuming the wheel lets you re-spin with friendship essences, I’d totally re-spin until I get it haha. Ideal prize output would be All + Red + Bomb, but requires top 3 finish which also costs a ton of friendship essences if you need to spin for the top event medal prize for each pirate battle…

Jim151
    @jim151

How much are you guys spending on stamina drinks to be at 20,000+? I’m playing pretty aggressively, but not crafting or buying extra drinks, and am at a mere 8400.

That said, I’m far and away the leader on my board, 2nd place barely over 3,000. I’m hoarding my earned drinks because I think they will be useful in the next round, and potentially more valuable. Why else would there be drinks on the reward wheel.

Jim151
    @jim151

OK, now all my other competitors have disappeared. I am the only one on my leaderboard with 3:44 to go in the event after having 14 others all day. I suppose everybody will get a 3 star spin.

TomC
    @tomc

@jim151 I haven’t crafted or bought drinks either but did use essences to re-spin the wheel and only at 9245 (and 8th place haha). So very lucky you’re guaranteed a 3-star spin!

I’m competing with, 38625, 13395, 12700, 12640, 11730 etc…

Pinkenstein
    @pinkenstein

Totally on my own all the way through. Didn’t dare level up! Got really lucky with the All+Black+Red combo on the prize spin too. YAY

On the “it’s not totally unfair” side, I’d’ve come second or third on the leaderboard shown above.

Anonymous

I noticed something very weird. It seems almost everyone is getting the All Red and Bomb combo on the wheel. Even I did! Maybe there’s a higher chance to get that combo rather than the other wheel prizes. Also while I was fighting the pirates during the event almost every time I got the main prize on the wheel ( 200 500 medals etc ). Maybe this was intended.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got 6 stamina, +1500 all birds and +1500 Red which isn’t the best spin, but I’m happy with it. Some people used essence to re-spin until they got a spin with all birds in it. It did seem like the wheel was skewed to produce better than normal results since I also got the top item on the wheel much more than 3/8ths or 37.5% of the time.

Anonymous

@killerkea So its you too! I knew there was something lucky about these event wheels.

Red
    @james1562

On my leaderboard I saw players at levels 5-8, I’m level 20, they all have 0 points and no name.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

I still don’t really understand the way this works….I played the “event” a lot yesterday then woke up today to see it was gone. What am I supposed to do? Wait around all the time during the “event” to see if I won something, lol? (no players showed on the board but me)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Event Leaderboard Mechanics

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.