Event Dome

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sorry for the spam, folks. I was trying to post a reply to @ghostface147 but kept getting an error message, so I was testing to see if I could post anything at all. @birdleader’s currently checking it out.

So yeah, I’m not going insane from playing too much ABT, lol.

Anonymous

I have discovered that these domes show up between 12:00-2:00 AM. I was up decently late one had appeared.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig My 5 year old likes to play sometimes when i do, she does 2-3 runs a day, sometimes more sometimes less. She is level 23 i think, and over the last couple of weeks she has gotten gold dome levels about twice a week. (I usually do those for her so she gets the most out of them haha). As far as I can remember she has been getting then all along so i would say that even at levels below 23 she was getting them.

She is on android and did not start playing until after the most recent update.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well working on the assumption that you get one every three days, I should have one waiting for me right now, but I just checked and nothing.

I got my first gold dome last Wednesday, then one on Saturday, then again on Tuesday, so today should be the day.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

In case anyone is still having problems recognizing them, here’s a screenshot. Notice there’s a big dome sitting underneath Bludgeon’s picture on the left side of the screen:

View post on imgur.com

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Two ‘bots enter, one ‘bot leaves”.

Sorry, couldn’t resist :P

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig, thanks for showing that, I never noticed the dome, you see that before you click it and are asked to accept the gems?

Also, 1+ for the mad max reference, love it! :)

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

Oooooooooooh THAT dome. I see a HUGE dome like thing in the far back of my areas now and I thought that was what you all were talking about. I’m a lvl 61 and I’m not there yet. (Dome wise)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yes, before you even click on the TF’s picture, that dome should be showing up. If you click on the picture but then decide not to pay the 10 gems to play it right away, then after you decline it will show a little pile of gold bricks instead.

I should probably add that declining to play doesn’t make it go away. You can still opt to play it later. But I would definitely play it before you play any other node because just in case you get hit with the “wrong node cleared” bug then if you’re really unlucky it might clear off the gold dome node instead!

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

Dome there’s a mysterious dome under my bot. Haha

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So I was having a bit more of a think about when the Dome shows up.

I’d previously been working under the assumption that it shows up every three days, and that worked fine until of course it didn’t, and it took me four days to get my last dome. Now I’m at Day 3 again and still no dome, so we’ll see.

Then it occurred to me: without a Dome node, the maximum number of active nodes (by “active” I mean any node that’s either finished being transformed, or is the process of being transformed, by an Eggbot) on the map is six. Also, every time that I’ve seen a Dome node appear, it’s always been the seventh node.

So here’s my new working theory: a Dome node appears a maximum of once every three days, but only if you already have six active nodes on the map and there’s an Eggbot free to transform a seventh node into a Dome. Otherwise a Dome won’t show up if all the Eggbots are busy transforming nodes 1 – 6.

This is currently the case with my map – I “overplayed” it a bit recently, and cleared out all of the nodes at one point, and so I currently have two nodes that are ready to go, and another three that are being transformed by Eggbots. So what I’ll do now is sit tight and wait for all six nodes to be transformed, and see if one of the Eggbots starts tranforming a seventh node into a Dome.

How does that sound? Plausible? I guess we’ll see in a few hours!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Update:

Five nodes fully transformed, one node with slightly more than 3 hours to go, and two Eggbots just chilling out. Guess we’ll see what happens in three hours ….

Update 2:

Nothing. Nada. Just six nodes ready to go, and three very sleepy Eggbots. Well, there goes that theory ….

Update 3:

OK, I’ve now hit Day 4 since my last Dome appeared, and nothing. What gives????

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig @ladydi102 @partshade When i created my ridiculously post 2 days and 4 hours ago (around 1PM EST Monday) I had just been given a gold dome level. I have been playing sporadically since. I last cleared the board (meaning no nodes ready to play, and none worth intercepting) about 5 hours ago and i just went in to collect gold (400 each), see the new nodes, and heal bots to prep for a “board clearing.” One of the events was a Gold dome! It is now about 5:30 EST, so this level was created sometime today. And it’s been less than three days. I currently have three nodes available including the dome level (I don’t dare play again until I have a double up available, lest the “wrong area” bug wipe out my gold level) and two being “worked on” by bots. I know this sort of throws all theories out of whack, and i can’t ever remember feeling like seeing another dome level this quickly. I am putting this put there because I figured it would be of interest to the group.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

I guess I’m going to have to play Jenga every couple hours until a Video is available, then hope that the game doesn’t “forget about” my video on the gold dome level like it did to me last week :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel

Thanks for the update. It’s now been over 4 full days since I’ve seen a Dome. I last played one on Saturday morning, and now it’s Wednesday evening.

All I have at the moment are six nodes ready to go, and three very sleepy Eggbots.

Sigh.

Rovio, Rovio, where art thou QC Rovio?

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@hxadecmel I have not seen a gold dome as yet but then my play time has been limited. I am just collecting coins and gems as I am offline for a bit until next week. THank you for the info as this is still helping me for whenever I reach that point in the game. I am a lvl 80, I am on the steps of that huge dome. Or wait, is that the patio? (insert laughter)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Finally got a new Dome, but only after waiting almost five days!

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I want to see this “Dome” you mention @optimuspig. Haha!!

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

I finally got an event dome after about 4 days. Unfortunately, they have been disappointing every time since the first one. That one must have had many point opportunities (and used a variant character), because I ended up with 61,000. This time, I destroyed just about everything, but there wasn’t a single energon cube in the run and even with the doubling I only got about 8,000. Since the game update came out, points haven’t been much of a problem, so that sort of seems anti-climactic…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well it definitely makes a difference to scoring depending on which TF, which type of node, and which type of area that Dome is on.

My two best Dome runs so far have both netted me ~37K coins, but one of them was played with a variant (so I benefited from the additional bonus) and one of them wasn’t!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

<repost deleted>

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

“Variant” – ??

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If you look at the “squads” there’s one group of “variants” that consists of:

– Ultimate Megatron
    – Ultimate Optimus Prime
    – High Octane Bumblebee
    – Goldbite Grimlock

In other words, these are the guys that will give you an automatic 100% bonus to the coins earned (but doesn’t double the “squad bonus” of 5-40%).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

A new Dome just appeared, barely two days after my last one. So the average wait time does appear to be about three days, but looks like it could be as much as five as little as two, sigh.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

I just had an event dome appear. It had probably been 3 days. The interesting thing, though, was that the associated TF was Jazz. However, Jazz was already on the board in a different spot. On the bright side, I had been avoiding Jazz because it had been dying and needed to be upgraded. The Event Dome run went ok, though, possibly because I had a shield and plenty of opportunities to recharge it. I got about 11,000 coins after doubling.

However, I am starting to think that strategic intercepting of the eggbot is more profitable. If you have a particularly destructive TF coming, especially if they also are a variant, it probably pays to intercept them. I used Heatwave to intercept one in pig city last night, and after doubling for the video, I got more than 15,000 coins.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.