Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 528 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suikyo
    Not even at 3xRR and 5xRR…? :(

Anonymous

@smwforever45

@suikyo
    is right, in terms of getting all classes to 15 fastest, but I don’t think there’s much harm in throwing a few LCs at the 5xRR. If you don’t mind having to be that much more patient to get the last few classes. I mean, is it SO bad missing on out the extra 6000 mastery each event? Completing a set you’ve been pining for is probably worth it, IMO. That said, I’d advise not to bother with the 3xRR.

Pointless
    @pointless

I agree, don’t waste LCs…wait and push some into the 5x if you are needing Sets, but unless you are willing to spend RW$, don’t bother with any other options. You will get the payout eventually

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

Here’s the LC-purchase class priority list:
    1.) whatever class the game keeps putting in your arena goals most often.
    2.) whatever class you have best quality gear set for.
    3.) any others.

This priority tends to work out like:
    1.) SeaDog
    2.) Thunderbird
    3.) Skulkers
    4.) Priestess and Bard
    5.) anything else yer missing.

Exception: if ya don’t have Matilda’s witch yet, don’t spend a single LC on anything else until you do. This goes double if you happen to have the Sweet set (Honey Spoon + Honey Jar)

kyododom
    @kyododom

Wow! That was a tough campaign. All the players were Level 60 in my league and I only managed to get 1*. The scores were similar to the ones that @smwforever45 encountered, with the eventual winner getting over 200,000.

Which brings me to my question: is it a fact that if you don’t enter a campaign right at the start you end up in a weaker league, or is that just a hunch that some nesters have? I have never experienced such a competitive campaign as this one, but I also remember clearly that this time I started the campaign within about one minute of the official start.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 classes are permanent. You can also gain mastery (such as 6000 for all) from each event as reward. But value of set items will depreciate in the long run.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kyododom Not sure, but my game glitched and I lost about 8 days of play so I had to start over on the 3rd day of the event. Before the restart, I was in maybe 6th place, and the top four people in my league had unreal scores, like 70,000 points after three days. After I started over, my league was so mellow it was like everyone was drugged. The top score on day three (my day one) was 15,000 or so. I spent about 60 extra SD on the first day to catch up with the rewards, and maybe 20 FE for re-rolls, but after that just used what the game gave me. I won my league with a final score of about 125,000 and there was nobody within 50,000 points of me by the end.

So that’s one data point, but I didn’t plan it that way.

kyododom
    @kyododom

@jamairoqui Thanks for the interesting reply. (125,000 would have got you about 10th place in my league!) Maybe I’ll delay playing by a day or so when the next campaign comes around, just to see what happens. I have plenty of SD & FE stock-piled so could easily do what you did to catch up with the rewards, if necessary.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    The thing is, whenever 5xRR is on I tend to get unlucky, but when 3xRR is on I’m showered with set items…

It’s not about missing out on additional 6k mastery. If I get 3 stars in an event then I have a 3/8 chance to spin up 6k ALL, as opposed to a 2/8 chance with 2 stars. And with my luck……..

And I really need set items. The only sets I have are Dragon, Steel, Mana, Reset and Cheater. Not much to work with… and not a single complete set for Bomb and Blues. I really want Finisher and Artillery :()

@epicgrindr

Priestess is not an LC class. Priestess is a Snoutling class :P

Also, I do have Witch already. But not the Honey set.
    I also purchased Sea Dog a bit ago. I only need T-bird, Skulkers and Illusionist. I’d love T-bird next but I need to wait a good while for that even if I was to not spend a single LC from now.

@kyododom

Very good question. I sometimes wonder myself… I try to start late into Arena leagues because of that. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don’t.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kyododom Next event is a “team” event, so I think you want an active board so you have a better chance of getting double rewards. For example, the first team event, the opposing league “team” for me had one player who took it seriously. That person had nearly double the points of the top person in my league over the first few days. But they were the only one on that side that was taking the event seriously, and they had one player who I think fought one battle and never did a second one. So the really active player dropped a lot of SD and FE over the first few days, and ended up getting smoked and eventually giving up entirely because my league had a lot of active, but not insanely active, people playing. It was kind of sad because after a while he was changing his screen name pleading with the other players in his league to at least try.

I think I would take a double-reward 2-star event over a single-reward three-star. So I’m not sure waiting to start for the next event makes sense.

kyododom
    @kyododom

@jamairoqui I think you’re quite right – I’d forgotten that the next event is a team one. Just out of curiosity, assuming you are Lvl 60, were all the opponents in the last event also Lvl 60, or was there a mix?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kyododom
    Speaking from my experience, I did have all Level 60 opponents in my league in this event – but in previous events, I had levels between 51 and 60 in my leagues.

@jamairoqui

You could still play for the Elite Guardian. That’s what some people did in the Elite Cleric World Boss event. They got their 10k points and then just stopped. Another reason why my team just barely won…

kyododom
    @kyododom

@smwforever45 Thanks for that info. I also remember earlier events having more of a mix of levels. Maybe Rovio’s ABE developers have changed the way in which the leagues are populated.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kyododom I think places 1-6 were all lvl 60, and of those only the person in 2nd didn’t have a diamond frame. The bottom 6 spaces could have been anything, I never scrolled down to check all that much once the lead opened up and it was clear nobody was catching up to me. The fight for third place was extremely tight though, with only a few thousand separating 3rd from 5th.

@smwforever45
    Right. I had forgotten that part. My recollection is that it didn’t look like that on the other side. It looked like there was one guy who had like 20,000, and everyone else had 5,000. My team had a bunch of 10k people, and then there were a few of us battling it out for the top three spaces who had significantly more than that. Maybe that’s what happened in my event this time, I had a bunch of people who only wanted the Elite Tricksters and once they got the hat they stopped playing.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kyododom
    I took part in a single event (I believe it was an invasion, can’t remember) where Level 5 people were in the same league as the Level 60 people. In all other events, high levels and lower levels had their own leagues.

@jamairoqui

Huh…

BTW, in my league, NOBODY stopped playing. ALL of them kept playing after they collected the Elite Tricksters.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    When I said that about missing out on 6000 mastery, it didn’t have anything to do with how many stars you get in an event. If you spin up 6000 for all, and you’re missing a class, that’s 6000 less total mastery gained. If you’re missing three classes, it’s 18,000 less total mastery, etc.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Oh yeah, right… True.
    I agree with you then.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@poptimus @smwforever45 But if you don’t have classes yet, it’s better to wait to get them until all your other classes are maxed out. Then you acquire them one at a time and max out their mastery using snoutlings at the dojo (6000 mastery points costs less than 1000 snoutlings). So it’s not clear to me that you’re missing out in any significant way by not having classes at the end of an event. I think it’s the opposite, the fewer you have the better, since you have to grind less to get them all to M15.

(The experience level is trivial to build up, in my opinion. People went from lvl 55 to 60 in a week, mostly. Master level is much harder.)

Anonymous

@jamairoqui
    Very good point!
    But, is it worth it to wait when the class in question in an important one to have? I’d say no. So, @smwforever45, my advice would be to go ahead and get TBird, and then if you can wait until all classes are up to 15 before getting the rest (Skulkers, Bard, and Illusionist, right?), AND if you think you’ll be able to build up a big enough pile of Snouts to zoom the new ones up from 1 to 15 instantly, then wait for the rest.
    Actually, I might get Skulkers sooner too. Very fun class to play with, even if maybe not as objectively powerful/useful as Witch, Seadog and TBird. Bard and Illusionist can be fun in their own ways too (if you select two other classes and sets that mesh with them), but whatever.
    Ultimately, there’s not one “right” way to do it, and it all depends on what your goals are and what aspects of the game you get enjoyment from.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    No. I’m only missing T-bird, Skulkers and Illusionist. I have Bard since long :)

I don’t have enough LC’s to buy any of these classes, though. Until I can afford T-bird I may need another event :)

I still have ~50k Snouts. Hasn’t been going up lately since I had way less time to play the Caves.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@poptimus Yeah, T-bird is one of the important ones to have since it shows up as an arena objective every so often. Still though, it is a chore to grind mastery, if I didn’t already have them all, I would wait to get any more just because it is so much easier to do the dojo snoutling buys. (Although, maybe with the new snoutling economics that doesn’t make sense any more.)

When I am mining magic water Skulkers is fun to use with Samurai on the one level past the gate on the NE of the map with the single pig with the 3-water reward wheel.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    Illusionist? To date, best use I have found for it is in a scenario where Matilda has Nightmare set and Red has the hammer set on Samurai. Then you get 6 chances for a double-turn stun, each of which nails the opponent for huge bonus damage. In fact, that kills any typical bird opponent in one turn, but is juicy fun vs a banner (especially if the opposition doesn’t have a status remover)!
    Other than that, I would only use It if I had to use Chuck when arena goal prohibits knocking out a bird, and even then would only use his support ability. It is tough to wrangle during most arena events, and I’m always thrilled to see it on the opponent’s side, lol.

Sigh… Editing because I am goofy tired…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    That’s like the only use for Illusionist, though. :P

Also, if Red has the Titan set equipped then the 2-turn stun only applies to the hammer. Not to Bard’s or Blues’ stun which are only one turn each. :(

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I would say that Illusionist perhaps has the neatest animation for damage. I just love that skull shape that forms out of the clouds with a lightning effect. Looks cool though.

angryde
    @angryde

@kyododom I agree… I only got 1* too. I am not prepared to compete with 200,000 grinders!!

@smwforever45
    As you know… I never get anything during 5x or 3x RR. I spin up all my set pieces during simple daily rolls. :-/

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.