Epic Patch 1.5.6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Patch 1.5.6

• Preview of Angry Birds Epic patch 1.5.6

epicpatch156.jpg

Let your arena banner shine! In today’s #SneakBeak on patch 1.5.6 we reveal the new Mythic Banner Emblems. But don’t you think, this is just bout the epic look: the Mythic emblems give you better stats, more power for your effects and an additional bonus effect. Excited?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Excited?

Not really. :/

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It’s nice and all and surely useful for those that play Arena. I stopped playing Arena. :P

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

Why/when did you stop playing the Arena?

David
    @davidt18

While that sounds cool, wish they didn’t call it a patch. I feel a patch is where you fix something not add something new and break it. LOL which they do more often than not.

DD
    @toolow

@davidt18 Agree on use of ‘patch’ but I thought they break something every single time.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suzyq
    I slowly played less and less when the new set items were introduced (but not yet obtainable) and everyone’s boards were full of cheaters. Arena just was not a fun thing to play anymore, it was an endless chore that got you nowhere. After being set back to Wood for the new season, I completely lost motivation. I instead play other games now. I only sign into the game daily to get the bonus, get some mastery, and the free chests. I’m waiting for the next event to get me playing again. The new caves got me playing for a bit, but since they are so difficult I kinda lost motivation to clear those, too. I’ll try every now and then, but right now, at L62 with M50-61 birds, it’s pointless…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

I think a lot of us have lost motivation as well, so can fully understand why you are feeling like that :(

I hope you do play in the next event and do well :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 wow, I really am popular these days :)

Atom
    @atom

@pointless @smwforever45 That’s because every time we start to get close to attaining our goal it gets pushed farther away. In other words, it’s pointless…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Wow. Mythic emblems. And I’ll bet they all come with 1, 2, or 3 stars, so you have to try and get each one a few times before you get the highest level one. Sweet. I am *so* totally stoked to have new items to get from the AGPM. What I’m hoping for most of all is the Mythic Protection by Yellow emblem, because that will be a big help.

Hopefully, they will tell us they are available on the AGPM for the 5x event, but they actually won’t be, so we can spend a lot of LCs spinning for things that aren’t really there. Yay!

I’m going to go do a little happy dance, and then have a sit-down before I get overheated.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

@smwforever45 caves are not too difficult for your 2 61 birds and 1 of your friend’s. Just eat dat chillis like crazy and you fill be fine. I was :) Also eat MEFD for bosses.

@all finally there’s an offer for some elite upgrades but why no discount for skulkers and thunderbird? :(

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suzyq
    I shall, and I don’t wanna be as inactive as during the pirate invasion… XD

@pointless

Guess so :)

@atom

Yup – I was about to hit M61 for Paladin and Mage… I just want a game that I can complete. :(

@jamairoqui

Actually, I’m usually lucky with the emblems, they’re usually 2 or 3 stars. What I often get 0-star items from is the Nest GPM.

I wonder what the bonus effect for the “Protection by Chuck” emblem would be?

@jacek-jedrzejowski

You shouldn’t have to eat so many chilli cakes just to make it through a level, and have to use an insta-clear item to get through the boss levels. Is that good game design?

Oh, and the offer is only for the Elite starter classes (Knight, Mage, Cleric, Pirate, Tricksters). No others. :(

Atom
    @atom

@smwforever45 I know what you mean. I only had 4 more classes to get to M61 and had an almost complete set of Set Items for all the birds at L62 as well as all the arena set items at L62. I was quite happy with almost getting everything to 61…then this happened…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 Since Chuck is already an attack magnet, a “protection by Chuck” emblem is just a way to not have an emblem on your banner.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Feel your pain, Yosh.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It’s out!
    Besides the mythical emblems and preparations for the upcoming event, the update description also mentions
    – new loading screens
    – new chests on the Calendar which contain set items

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Patch Notes Via Facebook:

What’s new in Angry Birds Epic 1.5.6.
    New features & content
    – Mythic Emblems: Boost your arena banner with one of five new Mythic Emblems.

All new emblems have an upgraded skill & better base stats
    Unique bonus effect: “Mythic Protection – Your birds receive 50% less damage by losing the coin flip. Lasts 1 turn.”
    Available Mythic Emblems: Rage Shield, Thorn Wall, Weakened Healing, Emblem of Resurrection, Shroud

– Winging in the Winter Wonderland: go crazy about our freezin’ fun mini-campaign
    – New class upgrade: the Elite Frost Savage
    – Daily Calendar: get powerful gear for free from the new set item chest.
    – Prepare for the Chinese New Year event – the year of the rooster. New pig enemies inside!
    – New winter themed splash screen
    – Three gorgeous new loading screens – for the world map, camp and arena!
    Game improvements & balancing changes
    – Boosted arena set items: banner parts obtained from the golden pig machine now give higher HP bonus
    – Big enchantment optimization: the amount of needed crafting resources has been heavily reduced, while the snoutlings costs now scale with the item level
    – Banner emblems overhauled:

18 emblems have slightly adjusted skill effects
    5 new Mythic emblems added
    6 weak and unused emblems have been removed from the golden pig machine

– You can now buy premium classes directly in the bird manager
    – XP distribution refactored: XP from defeated pigs now scales in dependence of the player level, e.g. if the player level is lower than the pig level, you get bonus XP.
    – Fast traveling on the world map: All special locations (world map shops, class trainers, dungeons, Chronicle Cave, Mighty Eagle’s dojo) now open instantly.
    – Stronger mercenaries in social battles: Piggy McCool, Prince Porky and Pigiana Jones have been boosted to help players with fewer social friends
    – Set items buff – the following set effects have been improved:

Steel Force/Steel Wall: damage reduction increased
    Primal Axe/Primal Spear: hit chance & bonus damage increased
    Chronos/Chronometer: hit chance increased
    Forest Root/Forest Bounty: hit chance increased
    Candy Bomb/Candy Chain: hit chance increased
    Golden Gun/Golden Bullet: max amount of snoutlings increased
    Bomb Bell/Bomb Bola: bonus damage increased
    Remote Controlled Robot/Remote Control: hit chance increased

Most important bug fixes
    – Shop: the anvil and cauldron upgrades in the specials category are visible again and purchasable for every player
    – Arena leaderboard: the visual glitch has been fixed, the list of participating players is fully shown again
    – Arena / events cheater detection: We fixed a bug that flagged players as cheaters by mistake. We also updated the flag visualization for cheaters (both for players and leaderboards)

I wonder which emblems were discontinued?

Bossk
    @henjovr

My first (computer generated?) opponent has the Mythic Resurrection emblem:

30% chance to resurrect with 100% life (instead of 50%)..
    and each round some kind of “pulse” went off, giving each enemy bird a protection shield.

I won this because I won the coin flip, but this emblem seems overpowered.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Found a bug; if you use Matilda’s Bard class in the Arena to heal your party the enemy team’s flag will ALSO get that same continued healing. Very sloppy Rovio.

Edit: I do not seem to able to recreate it. If this happens anyone else please let me know (also please take screenshots of it if you are able).

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Looks like the valor set is broken again thanks rovio My bad just had the wrong top on my set lol

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So stuff that I found:
    – I am still getting two types of set items with different stats.
    – The emblems removed are all the Bird based ones and the Mocking Emblem.
    – Set items are now more powerful at E0 than the normal Diamond League items.
    – From the codes: Drop rates for Mythic Emblems are about 1 in 60. Yeah, have fun.
    – Speaking of which, I ripped all of them from the GAPM and here are their stats.

* Mythic Emblem of Resurrection: 30% chance to instantly revive with 100% health instead of 50%
    * Mythic Thorn Wall: Reflects 30% damage to all instead of 10%
    * Mythic Shroud: Has a chance of 25% instead of 15%
    * Mythic Weakened Healing: Exactly same as the normal one
    * Mythic Rage Shield: Deals 60% less damage from rage attacks

Plus a bonus ability called “Mythic Protection” which makes you take 50% less damage for 1 turn after losing a coin flip. Basically a protection against the first turn when the AI fully unleashes on you. Also, codes for more Mythic emblems are there. So they are gradually gonna be released instead of all at a time (so as to pad out the updates). More sales, more mastery, two more cave data etc etc.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Plus a bonus ability called “Mythic Protection” which makes you take 50% less damage for 1 turn after losing a coin flip. Basically a protection against the first turn when the AI fully unleashes on you.

OK, so THAT was what happened when an opponent I faced had a Mythic Emblem. Only it didn’t just protect for the first attack, it kept protecting them at the start of EVERY turn in the fight.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Yeah that’s what I posted too, each turn instead of the first.. big fail again by Rovio..

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I like the new loading screens

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny That’s just a bug. As usual.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Patch 1.5.6

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.