Epic Items Repeated by GPM

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Items Repeated by GPM

• Dear All

I have spend hundreds of coins on GPM but keep getting the same items again and again. In the last 1500 coins I spent on GPM, got 25 items out of which 11 were repeats. Does it happen that often. If this continues I can never collect all of them. To collect 100 coins for that full roll it takes 2 days of hardwork (I cannot be awake the whole day)
    Please help, its really frustrating. It was better if I would have spent the coins on buying Sea Dog and Thunderbird

Cheers

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • Yes, it’s that bad. Sorry, but I simply don’t have anything more to add. This is why spending LC’s on the GP machine is useless… I think it is best to spread the rolls on the GP machine. Only spend LC during rainbow riot and otherwise wait until the rainbow bar is almost full.

Definitely spend your LC on the missing classes and nest stuff (cauldron & anvil). You may need all that for future updates.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if the normal set items will be reduced in strength, just like the arena sets. They are simply a bit too powerful compared to the normal items. Perhaps after changing them, they may become easier to complete.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I got so ticked of winning The PURPLE PENNANT 5 times in a row several times that I complained to Rovio several weeks ago. That compliant I wrote was the most vicious letter I have written to anyone. I just noted that these rolls were in no way random. It is ridiculous! I even asked them how many purple pennants does someone need in a lifetime? The more I wrote the madder I got. This item comes up more than any other item. How can this be random? I wanted to rant about statistics and math to them but stopped before I blew a blood vessel in my brain. Rovio’s answer? I am unlucky! I bet I won complaint of the day and everyone at Rovio got a good laugh at my expense literally.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Yep it’s just that bad. I have 133 level 41 set items and still no Phoenix Egg. For me it’s just pure stubbornness at this point. I have everything else, I WILL HAVE THAT EGG!!!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kalapeen-jain @larry @dallasreds @tigerussell Read the Golden Pig Machine thread. The main post is in the process of being updated by @Dr_Ishmael, with the help of the admins, since it was started by someone who is now inactive. Unfortunately, the statistics on the GP and GPAM are known, and they are terrible. Also, the strength of a non-set item from the GP is lower than the same 3* item from the rest of the game.

@Dr_Ishmael
    — Maybe you should post the link to your draft in the GPM thread.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@OP – how are you getting 100 Lucky Coins in 2 days?

And yes, duplicates are common. I have at least 3 complete Sweet sets.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I wanted to have Lightning Tomb for Chuck, but it still can’t be done.
    It’s wise to spend 3 LC instead of 20 during Rainbow Riot.

Anonymous

I hate this too. There was a time I got 4 Dragontooths in a row before I got another Set Item. Each one was only 1 level stronger than the other.

There was even a time I filled my rainbow bar on both the GPM and GAPM. My items were Dragontooth and Sinister Cloth. I would of been fine with absolutely ANYTHING BUT those items. What a waste.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m not sure if I’m doing the math correctly at the bottom so someone please confirm or correct it. Let’s assume there is an equal chance of getting each of the 30 set items.

Your chance of not getting a specific set item after n set items would be

(29/30)^n

You can rephrase this and say your chances of getting that specific set item is

1 – (29/30)^n

You get the following:

n Chance of getting specific set item
    30 63.8%
    60 86.9%
    90 95.3%
    120 98.3%
    150 99.4%
    180 99.8%
    210 99.9%

The following part is what I’m not sure how to calculate properly, but since there are 30 items the chance to get all 30 would be the chance above to the 30th power and you get these numbers

n Chance of getting all 30 set items
    30 0.0%
    60 1.5%
    90 23.4%
    120 59.6%
    150 83.0%
    180 93.5%
    210 97.6%

After 133 set items you had a 71.7% of getting all 30 of them so the odds were in your favor, but not drastically so.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I can’t be absolutely sure the mathematics is correct.

But if you consider

90 total items is enough to have every item 3 times
    120 total items is enough to have every item 4 times
    150 total items is enough to have every item 5 times

then the percentages you have calculated seem in the right ballpark.

Kalapeen Jain
    @kalapeen-jain

@Graugeist

You can read a thread which talks abt changing the timezone and u can have the golden pig after every hour. Plz go through the thread. I make 70 gold coin per day

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I don’t mind repeats – as long as it’s stronger than what I have. I hate getting exact duplicates.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@killerkea @kerravon — Well I’m up to 149 set items with 57 sets completed. Still no egg. The pig payed off less than average this week at 14%. Darn.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tigerussell — Hope you don’t play the lottery. : D

@Dr_Ishmael
    — Maybe some of the comments in this thread should be included in the GPM thread main post?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 — I don’t play the lottery, ever. It would be just as easy to give my money to any other complete stranger and have them tell me I’m did not win. So I hang onto my money to spend on other stupid things like ABEpic.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tigerussell — Yeah, neither do I. My luck is vanishingly small. At least with ABEpic you get something, although I try and mostly succeed in not spending any money on IAPs.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 I tried not to spend any money but became impatient with the mastery system when there were no events. I bought some LC to push things along. Im spending the remainder on the GPM. Believe it or not I played the whole game and 9 levels of caves without the golden chili because it was never a high enough priority to me to spend the LC on it. In week 8 of the arena I broke down and bought it. Makes play much easier.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

I understand, I have the egg but can’t get the feather, Ugggh!!!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

For some reason, Titan Set keeps coming and coming while I want Lightning Tomb for Chuck and Sugar Grenade for Bomb.

dj_HB
    @dj-hb

Hello.
    Today I spent my 39 LC on Rainbow Riot.
    How do you think, how many legendaries have I got from this?
    One.
    «Paper» for Bomb, which is an exact duplicate of mine.
    So, I have spent my 39 Lucky Coins for 6 Friendship Essences! :)

Duiksmurf
    @duiksmurf

I have at least 5 of those eggs … on the other hand, I am still missing the book for Chuck and the remote for Blues

loads of other duplicates as well

I wish we could just buy this stuff for lucky coins or set up some sort of trade ..

D.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

If there’s one thing I learned while playing Epic, it’s that you should spend your Lucky Coins on guaranteed stuff first. I once wasted about 2000 LCs on the Golden Pig Machine trying to get the Dragon Tooth, but believe it or not, I didn’t get it. From that point on, I started to spend my LCs on upgrading my classes to masters.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@killerkea — Your math was definitely right in the ballpark. I am now the proud owner of 195 level 41 set items. Having obtained the Egg this morning gives me all 30. 41_250_906_30 The Arena and the daily pig are now the only things left. Snouts are useless, LC is useless, wood league is boring, sigh…

mich
    @m-ich

@mighty-red-1 I disagree. While you’re leveling up and unlocking new areas, everything that helps you win more battles faster makes the game easier and more fun. At that point, if you haven’t collected many ingredients for the anvil, even some of the non-set items from the GPM will be useful. Of course, as you are still leveling up, the items you win will only help you for a limited time. Anyway, when I was at that stage, I used to collect lucky coins for a few weeks and spend them all on the GPM when I got stuck in the game (that was before there even was a rainbow riot). Once I was maximum level, I spent a little more until I was content with my set items (for me, that meant one reasonably strong set per bird, not all of them and not a specific set), and only then did I start buying classes (except for the insanely useful Paladin, I bought him pretty much right when he was first offered to me).

I still don’t have the Thunderbird, but if we’re honest, he’s only useful for the arena anyway. I also don’t have any upgrades for the anvil (unnecessary because of set items) or the cauldron (I can collect the snoutlings for potions much faster than I can collect the ingredients, and I try to get by without potions anyway). I do own the golden chili, but I only bought that for the arena, when I was already done with the rest of the game.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@tigerussell

Last I remember you were only missing the Phoenix egg while I was only missing the feather. The last 2 weeks I played the rainbow riot more than usual in hopes of winning the feather. Instead I got set items I already had. This morning on a friends free roll I got the feather. I still cannot believe it. Seems like 90% of teams I am offered in the last week have this set.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@dallasreds I did finally get it. Just before I hit 200 level 41 items total. It was then the first level 45 item I recieved as well. I’m not seriously rolling the GPM right now. GAPM has a higher priority at the moment.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Items Repeated by GPM

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.