Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Viewing 4 replies - 201 through 204 (of 204 total)
  • Replies
  • MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

@killerkea …. I meant no disrespect…but as a small business owner I had to laugh out loud at the the blanket statement of “Now you see why Rovio had to layoff so many employees.” under the topic of the Friends Free roll exploit, when I know there is usually more involved, as you have pointed out. :-)

angryde
    @angryde

@killerkea. Mate, I totally understand where you’re coming from, honestly. I suppose, from my perspective, I’d feel a little disingenuous griping about the bug patch at this point… I mean, I exploited it (the bug) for a couple of weeks, got four epic weapons sets out of it, and had a general blast… all while avoiding any real-world spend. Yeah, you’re right, I’m really struggling with Cave-10 but, hey, after such a smooth run it’s kind of nice to be challenged. :-) On a side note, I don’t think you should over estimate the number of people exploiting the bug… I don’t think that nesters are an appropriately representative sample of the (AB gaming) population! I’d imagine that Rovio’s bean-counters speedily calculated incremental revenue lost against the immediate cost of patching the bug ASAP… and determined that it could wait for a time. Further, I’d imagine that the vast majority of their revenue comes from casual gamers impulse buying (i.e. via the multiplication of very small transactions). I know 10 under 10s currently obsessed with the game… and they pester their mother(s) to allow them to make small, (and to me/us) irrational + wasteful purchases every other day! THEY, I’d imagine, are Rovio’s cash-cows… not disgruntled nesters! In any case, cool post, stimulating, cheers!

badpiggy
    @badpiggy

@killerkea That’s bizarre… I’ve written to Rovio many-a-time about the game erasing my progress or crashing and I’ve only ever received letters of apology and an explanation. :/

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Thread Closed

This bug was patched in v1.1.1.

Please be advised that a side-effect of this patch is that a user is now charged 3 Lucky Coins when using a “Free” roll of a friend’s Golden Pig Machine. Rovio is aware of this issue and
    (1) are working on a fix, and
    (2) we believe have disabled friends’ Golden Pig Machines while a fix is in progress.

For more information, please see Topic: Caution: Free Roll in Friends’ Pig Machines NOT Free as of V1.1.1.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Viewing 4 replies - 201 through 204 (of 204 total)
  • The topic ‘Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)’ is closed to new replies.