Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 204 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

My rainbow bar was not reset.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

I am not sure what was going on with mine. I got a set item and hten went to check my rainbow bar and it was at half but it then filled again from friend rolls so I will check back tomorrow with the results to see if it empties again.

angryde
    @angryde

My rainbow bar WAS reset. I am officially NOT happy. :(

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

Yeah they really need to provide some mechanism for upgrading existing set items you have. Right now they are adding levels pretty regularly which makes it basically pointless to try and get set items.

burbman
    @burbman

@hack1ge – When battling ninjas, OLD set items are your friend. You can maintain the set benefits while reducing per attack damage below dodge threshold.

badpiggy
    @badpiggy

My phone auto-updated so I got a bit worried, but no, my Rainbow bar is still full. However apparently Rovio have weakened some of the set items…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gaah! I got a free roll on a friends machine this morning and I did get another set item. After reading these comments I did check and it had been reset. However it was filled by several friends, maybe everyone who rolled on my machine while my bar was full? Anyway, it is now about 40% full.
    Count my among those who are not happy. While I was getting free rolls every day, I got multiple duplicate and still have only a few complete sets. Most of the set items, but not all were obtained at level 33. There is at least one complete set that has a very old set item, which reduces health by several hundred.
    I watched an ad and got a free roll, which did give me a set item, but it was a duplicate, of course.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Just like before watching an ad resets your Rainbow because it adds 2%. Maybe that is why your rainbow got reset.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKey I watched the ad AFTER my rainbow bar was reset by a free roll on a friends machine.

Bossk
    @henjovr

I’m planning on staying on 1.1.0 for a while since I’m lvl 22 and not close to lvl 33.
    My rainbow bar is full, however this morning I got a free roll on a friend’s GPM, but I couldn’t get to his site.. Just couldn’t click on his name to get there.
    Any ideas what’s wrong?

TomC
    @tomc

@henjovr Your friend is on 1.1.1 so you won’t be able to visit him unless you update.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

Forced update on iOS. My rainbow bar is still full, but I haven’t spun yet. Leaving that for my kids to do, as they don’t have facebook and looks to be the last guaranteed set item for quite a while.

luckypetee
    @luckypetee

Mine was reset too :/ I roll on Piggy Mc’Cool machine and then saw that my rainbow bar was empty…

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

I rolled on a friends machine as usual and the bar was reset. Was good while it lasted

abirds954
    @abirds954

Mine was reset to 1/4 full. Not cool Rovio, not cool.

angryde
    @angryde

I’m with @abirds954. I’m still depressed about it… so NOT cool.

badpiggy
    @badpiggy

I’ve used a free spin since I updated and my rainbow bar is full. Do you think I may be better off not rolling until a possible patch/fix, or do you think this change might be permanent?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think fixing this exploit is good for the game. However they should have fixed it within a day or two of it first being reported instead of letting people take advantage of it for 2 months and 3 weeks. Since so many people took advantage of getting a free set item every day a lot of people now have overpowered birds. Because of that Rovio had to make caves 10-11 extremely tough to give people with all or most of the set items a little bit of a challenge, but new players will not have these advantages and will find things impossibly difficult. Maybe Rovio should level the playing field on future caves by limiting birds to one set item each.

People in China do not have access to Facebook so people there could not take advantage of this exploit. I think many players will get frustrated and give up because this game isn’t well balanced anymore.

badpiggy
    @badpiggy

@killerkea I have to disagree there. IAPs are a fundamental part of this game, which means that even without this “exploit”, there will be people who spend money on Lucky Coins and Snoutlings for set items, potions, and Mighty Eagles. Therefore, there is no level playing field for any game of this type. There will always be people who spend money to become more powerful.

Anonymous

Well said @killerkea. I completely agree.

Danke_
    @danke

@KillerKea agreed, what’s infuriating it’s that every time I sent a mail about this exploit, I got the exact, generic message (written by a support staff itself), aannd what they did was simply nothing, if we take this proposition as real:”an exploit it’s what one should fix after adding random features to the game” that means that either they acidentally overlooked it, or there’s an issue with the support staff. All of these updates may be a fix to their mistakes, they make those weapons unreliable, and forcing players to scrap those, still, the epic items system has many, many leaks, if there was the system used by most RPGs, getting a set wouldn’t be that infuriating, making the game more enjoyable, however, harder it’s to fix a overexploited system than creating a good one from the start.

OffTopic: Want to know why LC it’s so expensive? During it’s soft launch, they tested the prices, no one felt like it’s too expensive, so they kept the price like that, now that everyone has the ability to download and play the game(from all social categories) the prices look ridiculous, it’s Rovio’s problem: they just tested a small sample, once they did a big one, they ignored players’ complaints(frankly, their policy allows them to, so they are allowed to do as they wish) Seen all of those games powered by comunity feedback? Why they are so sucesfull? The Comunity has the power, not the developers(actually, the comunity it’s like a suggestion box, there may be silly sugestions, or great ideas, but ignoring the entire pile it’s not cool for both the comunity and developers)

angryde
    @angryde

Well, I haven’t spent a single (Euro) cent on this game… and it’s provided me with untold hours of entertainment. So, yeah, I’m bummed that the rainbow bar (friend’s camp) exploit was ‘fixed,’ but not disproportionately so… it was fun while it lasted.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@angryde
    I think you will continue to find the game fun and enjoyable, but if you don’t have at least 10-20 set items by the time you get to cave 10 you are going to find the game very frustrating because it will be very difficult.

@badpiggy

Obviously there will always be some people who have an advantage because they are willing to spend money and we have to be grateful to them because they are helping support the game more than others. Those people currently don’t have much of an advantage because many people who didn’t spend any money already have all the best equipment. Rovio would have made more money if the exploit didn’t exist because people would buy LC so they could spin on the GPM during the triple bonus. Because of the exploit there was little reason to buy LC since you were getting all the best items for free.

@danke

Now you see why Rovio had to layoff so many employees.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

@killerkea said “@danke: Now you see why Rovio had to layoff so many employees.”

Rovio had to lay off many employees because of that “friends roll” exploit??…LMAO!!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mistychristie
    Obviously it isn’t that single reason. If you were paying attention to other posts you’d know there are many examples of bad management at Rovio. The exploit is only one example of them shooting themselves in the foot by deterring people from buying LC. Another example is being overly generous passing out LC to people whenever a problem is reported. This has gotten so ridiculous that people will report anything just to try and get more free LC. The support staff that gives these out want to get 100% customer satisfaction ratings which why they do it. Their bosses should limit how much each employee is allowed to give out. I read that someone accidentally lost 15 LC and was compensated with something like 200-300 LC. Of course the person deserves his 15 LC back, but 200-300 is ridiculous and not a smart way to run a business. I can easily cite more examples, but that is not what this site is for.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 204 total)
  • The topic ‘Epic Gear Every Roll?! (Patched)’ is closed to new replies.