Enchantment

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Enchantment

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 97 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45
    See as I said, in the game code, some pigs have a fixed level cap while some don’t (mainly bosses). Now since I can’t find my way through all the game data (since there’s a lot), I can’t really tell which particular pigs level up and where and I know not all pigs level up. It’s a vague matter indeed.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

About resources, what I’m finding is that once you get up to the upper enchantment levels you go through resources *really* quickly. It takes about 400 square wood, for instance, per level for level 8 and higher. It’s about a factor of 2.5X more for the lower level (e.g., fossils), and another factor of 2.5X for the basic crafting material. So 2000 square wood will take care of five enchantment levels, and even if you have several thousand saved up, they disappear in a hurry. That is especially true for the basic materials at the higher levels.

You can use snoutlings to buy more, in a way, by fashioning crafting materials using the anvil. For example, you can make refined metal bars by buying ore at about 50 snoutlings per piece of ore. You can do the math on that, but the bottom line is you’ll be farming SRC for snoutlings until your fingers fall off since it’s 2.5 ore per cycle on SRC, and you need 50 ore to make on average 20 metal bars and you need 400 metal bars per level.

I’ve started to wonder if perhaps it might not be a bad idea to save up for the golden anvil to make the crafting more efficient. That would raise the payout for converting lower end crafting materials to higher end materials (since it would guarantee at least one star, meaning on average you would get more than 2 higher-end items for each 5 lower end item, and with the 2.5X multiplier you would on average at least break even on the up-conversion).

Put another way, if you had the golden anvil and say 6000 clamshells, you could maybe turn them into maybe 3600 corals (assuming on average you got around 3 corals per 5 clamshells), and from there into 2160 rainbow shells (assuming on average you got around 3 r.b. shells per 5 corals). But those rainbow shells in terms of clamshells would be worth 13,500 clamshells, so you doubled your resources available for enchanting.

Has anyone here bought the golden anvil (which up to this point I’ve considered worse than useless)? Are there any other benefits to having it besides up-conversion of resources?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    Indeed so. I’m somewhat short on resources because of all the enchanting, I can’t go beyond level 5 for now because the material cost beyond that point is ridiculously high (and because I have no shards right now).

I have to disagree a bit on the SRC thing. You do get seastars by playing SRC, which are a medium-quality crafting and enchanting item. You need 2.5x more of them than you’d need of Rainbow Shells etc., sure. But they can help and you’re guaranteed to get at least 1, at most 4, seastars per SRC run. Also, thanks to auto-play, your fingers won’t fall off. You’ll just get very bored of clicking all the ads and the reward wheel away. :P

I heard the golden anvil fills the enchantment bar up by 10%, the diamond anvil does 30% requiring less material to put in – that could be another advantage of having them.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

SRC provides a LOT of (then useless) Seastars. When I started enchanting, I had 1000s of them banked. I’ve since burned up almost all of them for the high level enchants.

Golden Anvil does indeed provide the first 10% toward each step. The catch is that it costs LCs that could instead purchase Shards. I say, you can always farm more snouts (and Seastars), but you can’t just farm more LCs.

Jim151
    @jim151

You can use snoutlings to buy more, in a way, by fashioning crafting materials using the anvil. For example, you can make refined metal bars by buying ore at about 50 snoutlings per piece of ore. You can do the math on that, but the bottom line is you’ll be farming SRC for snoutlings until your fingers fall off since it’s 2.5 ore per cycle on SRC, and you need 50 ore to make on average 20 metal bars and you need 400 metal bars per level.

Why not just farm for the resources? Pumpkin Plateau 2 has 3 square wood as the max prize, and it can be completed in a matter of seconds.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Not to mention Pumpkin Plateau-2 is the ONLY level to get burning pumpkins from, apart from a few Cave levels where you have a small chance to obtain one. So it’s worth playing that level for resources anyway.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Remember when we used to ‘joke’ about trading ‘SRC Sea Stars’ back in the pre-enchantment days of old..!? WhoEVER would have believed that – one day – they’d actually come in handy!? Lol. Now, grinding SRC for all those (endless) hours doesn’t seem like QUITE such a waste of life…

angryde
    @angryde

Damn, I had a feeling that this was coming… and I JUST spent 125 LCs on 50x shards last week. Damn, Damn, Damn! I should’ve listened to my GUT at the time. Damn!

May4Offer

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Buy 150 or 225!

8 for 15 (1.9) beats 50 for 125 (2.5 LCs ea), so I bought, rather than waiting.

It’s a good thing I didn’t burn any LCs on the 3x yesterday.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    You get 75 for 125 right now not 50. 125/75=1.6667 which outbeats the 8 for 15 offer actually. It’s usually like that in life – bigger amounts, smaller prices for each piece.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

For the first time in their lives, Rovio actually make correct percentages.

Pointless
    @pointless

Kind of hard to pass up…probably will buy some Shards, even though I am not planning on Enchanting anything further just yet (like many, I am finding the material cost getting prohibitive, regardless of available Shards)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No, I don’t, because I don’t have 125 LCs on hand.

My choices are to:
    a) buy 8 Shards for 15 LCs right now, or
    b) wait a couple weeks until I have the 125 LCs to buy 50 Shards.

For me, the option to buy 75 Shards for 125 LCs is moot. :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh. Well, that’s an individual problem though when there’s not enough LC’s to get the big pack :P If one has the 125 LC’s the bigger pack is always better.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, did some crafting with on the Golden Anvil, 50 crafts of x10 logs to bamboo:
    [6-14-10; 1-4-5, 2-7-1]
    9x 1-star
    25x 2-star
    16x 3-star

Anybody else have a couple thousand logs to try this with? :D
    ____

Another 1,500 logs?
    [4-4-2, 3-3-4; 1-6-3]

Total logs to bamboo:
    17x 1-star (21%)
    38x 2-star (44%)
    25x 3-star (31%)

Pointless
    @pointless

I believe I do. I will give it a shot, for the sake of statistics, of course :)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I did 90 Golden Anvil crafts of x10 Seashells to Corals:
    [4-4-2, 1-3-6, 1-3-6, 1-5-4, 1-5-4, 2-4-4, 2-2-6, 0-7-3, 2-7-1]

14x 1-star (16%)
    40x 2-star (44%)
    36x 3-star (40%)

Assuming that crafting to top level material also increases by +60%, then the net value increase would be 2.56x. Based on the value vs cost, one should buy logs and craft them all to bamboo, and bamboo up to squarewood.

[edited to 90x]

Pointless
    @pointless

Here are mine from Wood to Bamboo
    Also Gold Anvil, also 10x
    50 rolls

1-Star: 12
    2-Star: 24
    3-Star: 14

Small sample sizes, but mine are showing 25/50/25

Interesting that the 2-Star is not as random as it should show

I’ll try Bamboo to Square Wood next

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

After 80 Golden Anvil crafts of x10 Stone to Ore:
    [3-5-2, 1-4-5, 2-6-2, 3-4-3, 2-3-5; 5-4-1, 1-3-6, 2-4-4]

19x 1-star (24%)
    33x 2-star (44%)
    28x 3-star (35%)

My combined Bamboo & Coral & Ore totals:
    50x 1-star (20%)
    111x 2-star (44%)
    89x 3-star (36%)

Pointless
    @pointless

Bamboo to Squarewood:
    1-Star: 8
    2-Star: 23
    3-Star: 19

Combined
    1-Star 20%
    2-Star 46%
    3-Star 38%

Agree that the value vs cost pays out here. That’s a lot of Squarewood at my disposal

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I see that our combined numbers are converging:
    20-44-37%
    20-46-38%

Pointless
    @pointless

Yes they are…
    One more: Cobalt to Ore (50 rolls)
    1-Star: 9
    2-Star: 24
    3-Star: 17

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Our combined for 400 tries gives this:
    79x 1-star (20%)
    182x 2-star (44%)
    139x 3-xtar (35%)

So I think the underlying ratio is:
    20% 1-star
    45% 2-star
    35% 3-star
    This gives an expected payoff of +62% each step for a final payout of 2.4x

That is, 100 logs crafted up to squarewood become the equivalent of 240 logs when enchanting. One should always craft up before using items as materials.
    ____

I just crafted 50 x10 Bamboo to Squarewood, and the odds were unusually good:
    [3-2-5, 1-4-5, 1-4-5, 0-4-6, 0-6-4]
    5x 1-star (10%)
    20x 2-star (40%)
    25x 3-xtar (50%)

and 50 x10 Ore to Metal Bars:
    [1-6-3, 3-3-4, 2-4-4, 1-2-7, 1-8-1]
    8x 1-star (16%)
    23x 2-star (46%)
    19x 3-xtar (38%)

Combined 100 x10 Squarewood & Ore:
    13x 1-star
    43x 2-star
    44x 3-xtar

This is significantly better than the tier 1-2 crafts, and the patterns suggest it to be deliberate.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@all,

It’s time to enchant :

Shards Offer

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Pretty sad. I had 14 LCs left over, and 2 shots at the Cave. No bonus LC to convert to buy more shards with.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Enchantment

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.