enchant shards

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

Viewing 20 replies - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

@mvnla2 as Epic stands right now you are completely on point with everything. I am hoping Rovio will realize how inadequate the sources of shards are so far, but I am not holding my breath. Until any new PvE is introduced, there is no need to enhance at all, as this content was introduced a long time ago, balanced for what was possible to achieve before the concept of shard enhancement was even conceived.
    Shards, along with most/all of the new sets and classes seem to be geared towards arena players, and if you see what competition is out there now in arena (which I know you have given up), you’d see there are people more than willing to spend spend spend (or cheat???) to obtain these advantages, often within hours of them becoming available, so it is hard to blame Rovio as far as the business side is concerned.
    As to your last point, that is something that I think most of us that started this game at the beginning, for the fun of what it was then, have been wondering

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

I’m hopping that if a new level cap is introduced, so higher level sets by the same time, that when you will scrap your old sets ALL shards and ressources used to upgrade them will be return back.

Fluffy
    @fluffyjesus

@vyse12012 Sorry mate, you just get a fraction of it back, not even a third.

It takes 55 shards to get a t10 enchantment, of which only 17 would be returned to you on scrapping.
    Scrapping t10 weapon

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@vyse12012, @fluffyjesus

If Rovio raises the level, it means that he is going to need to get himself again everything legendary items to have them at the maximum level before enchanting them… The cost is too high just to be able to recycle the old items and obtain shards.

So much stay at the level 50, complete some missing legendary items at this level and then accumulate little by little shards to enchant our weapons.

auressaion
    @auressaion

So, the Calendar will not give more than 8 shards a month, eh.
    55 shards are needed to fully enchant a set item, so… if you’re not into buying Lucky Coins, that’s about 7 months to fully upgrade ONE item. Arena fights involve 8 items… that’s 4.5 years of Calendar, assuming that one will launch the game almost every single day in the meanwhile.

This has to be a joke. Is it the 1st of April already, in Finland? :D

Not holding my breath either, clearly the Arena is now meant only for people that pay (the others can still play, but they should not expect to win, eh eh). And I am not one of those, just because the prices are damn too high. I bought the smallest LC package once, just to get rid of the ads. I do not regret it at all (ad-free games are a must ;) ), yet I regret the time when the game was really enjoyable. Strangely reminds me of Clash of Clans, again. :/

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@auressaion Shards will also be added to the Arena reward wheel.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny they are not on the diamond wheel so where?

I have enchanted a few weapons but objectives mean I can’t always use them. The Arena is certainly not enjoyable any more. I have rarely had to battle McCool until the last couple of weeks.

8 shards a month is too few. I used to get quite a few set items from free rolls. That has also reduced.

I understand Rovio are in business but this is pure avarice.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@bubbley They are not on the arena wheels yet, they WILL be added soon though according to Rovio. Probably in the January update but we will see.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny thanks. We wait in great anticipation.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@auressaion, @bubbley, @angryjohnny

It is not completely exact.
    At present we can enchant an item by month.

Indeed, the LC gained in one month (calendar, golden pig, cavern chest) allows us to buy the lot of 50 shards. Added to 8 of the calendar, we have 58 of it, without counting shards stemming from the scraping of the legendary items let us double, nor those whom we can gain in arena.
    For my part, the current strategy to be adopted is the following one :

– Accumulate shards to enchant all the items in one step (at present 3.630 = (50 legendary items + 16 legendary banners) * 55 (takes into account the future new legendary items like katana))
    – Miss no free tour of the GPM.
    – Wait to see if Rovio proposes more interesting offers for shards or reduction of the necessary number by items

Why to wait to be able to make everything in one step ? Because in the meantime, I shall have the certainty that Rovio will not increase any more the level (50 yet).
    Indeed, enchant our items with the risk that Rovio can again increase the level and thus make obsolete our enchanted items is not a good idea.

auressaion
    @auressaion

@grimmjow

OK for the calculation, thanks for adding on this.
    Someone very dedicated and not as distracted as I am (I was convinced that the golden pig was not popping every day – maybe I just miss the pop-up from time to time ;) ) could gain 125 LC a month (given they are connected to a Facebook account). I suppose I am closer to 105 LC a month (I do not fight the golden pig more than every 2 days, and usually miss 2 to 4 Calendar days).

3630 divided by 125 is 29 months (of course you’d better pray that Rovio does not add 2 new legendary items per month, not even 1 actually, because it would add more items per month than can be enchanted without paying).

OK, one does not have to fully enchant all the legendary stuff, so let’s divide by 3. 10 months is almost reasonable.

On my side, I will probably have stopped playing the game long before that though, because of the lack of PvE content and of the lack of interest of the Arena mode (for the first time I am really trying to reach Diamond League, but clearly neither do I have the stuff (L12 birds with L52 legendary items, poor banner items though), nor the time (yesterday, top 3 ranged from 35k to 42k when I was having a hard time reaching 26k – in Platinum League FWIW) – plus some fights are bugged to the bone, AI-Wise: yesterday I saw the opponent taking two Chili Rage, one after the other, during the same turn ; needless to say, I lost that fight TT ).

All in all, you’re correct. But I won’t be that patient, that is (almost :) ) for sure.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@auressaion, @grimmjow the golden pig does not come every 24 hours. If I play 3 each week I am lucky.

I queried this with Rovio. They replied “..the Pig comes between 24 and 36 hours after it has been fought”. Mine never comes less than 36 hours which means much of the time it arrives when I’m asleep and therefore catch it anything up to 8 hours late and so on.

There are 65 LC in the Calender plus 7 (possible with FB friends) plus 7 max from the cave chest and let’s say 7 from the GP. That makes 86.

Am I missing something?

How do you get 125?

auressaion
    @auressaion

@bubbley

Thanks for the clarification, so maybe I was not missing the golden pig fight that often, after all ;)

Lucky Coins are obtained through:
    – Calendar, 5 (on day #7) + 10 (on day #14) + 20 (on day #21) + 30 (on day #28 – you can miss one day on February 2016, woohoo). Total: 65 a month
    – Calendar, 1 additional LC each day when connected to a Facebook account (on Android; don’t know if it’s different on Apple). Total : on average, 30 a month.
    – Cave chests: none after you cleared the caves. The ad-chest doesn’t show everyday I think, and the chance of getting 1 LC by watching an ad is small either way. I did not even counted it into the LC source.
    – Golden Pig Fight: let’s say it appears every 3 days (worst case), that’s 10 more LC (at first I was counting 30 LC with it).

Grand total : 65 + 30 + 10 = 105 LC/month. For a dedicated person. Not counting the additional LC obtainable via the caves ad-chest nor the ones obtained during the events (because well, we don’t know when there will be such an event ; the next one might just be the last).

I am intrigued by the “plus 7 (possible with FB friends)” that you mentioned. I do not have FB friends (no comment :P) so I was not aware about that – to my mind all that could be obtained from FB friends is Friendship Essence?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Golden pig appears every 36 hours for me.
    So, 65 LC calendar + 30 LC FB calendar + 20 LC Golden Pig = 115 LC
    Need just 10 LC from chest cavern.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@auressaion, @grimmjow thanks I am not missing anything. I just can’t count.

You have actually added the LC from FB friends. It’s 1 each day and not 7 which is only a weeks worth.

I cleared cave 17 long ago I still get cave chests. They are roughly every 24 hours but I frequently forget them.

I am probably getting about 100 LC a month so thats reassuring.

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

@auressaion, your game still doesn’t show any ads ?

I thought that even if you buy the LC package that the ads will still be there.

The ads keep crashing my game on Bluestacks, so if there’s a way to stop them, I’m more than willing to try !

Thanks,

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@vyse12012 even the smallest purchase stops ads.

auressaion
    @auressaion

@vyse12012 I confirm what @bubbley affirms :) No more ads since I bought the package, and it was a loooong while ago.

The only ads remaining are the ones offering free things, i.e. Caves Ad-Chest, free rolls on the Golden Pig Machines.

For what is worth, ads are not crashing the game on Andy 0.41 emulating a GT-P5200 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1). They are slow as hell (think “slideshow” with 3 to 10 slides maybe -_-‘ ), but they are successfully passed nonetheless.

@bubbley
    I will definitely have to check the caves, as I was convinced that chests did not reappear just like that. *blush*. Am I right supposing that it can reappear in any cave already cleared? Is there a fight in order to be able to open it?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@auressaion the chest appears wherever you are in the caves. You do not have any battles you just click on it and have to watch a video. At most 30 seconds.

Edit I mean tap on it.

Timber
    @timber

I purchased LC’s a week ago and still seem to get ads and the crashes associated with them.

EDIT: On second thought the ads are only associated with cave chests and GP rolls

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

Viewing 20 replies - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.