enchant shards

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

• Do not scrap your extra set items, they do not give shards like it says in the update. This is most likely a bug, I lost a bunch of extra set items I had.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@pizzaferret Of course they do not give shards, because they were acquired BEFORE the update. If you were to get a set item right now, that one WOULD give you a shard.

Anonymous

Man you can obtain enchnant shards from scrapping your banner set.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I disenchanted an Arena Set item I got in the first arena season and it gave me a shard, so it could really be a bug.

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

@mighty-red-1 that’s not true

I got 30 shards for my arena set and they were all acquired before the update.

Maybe the clue is only arena set give shards !

sal9
    @sal9

All, please take note:

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Let’s say I have all weapon sets and all arena sets(including 3 new sets) on highest level so far. To get it all to level 10 I need 1980 shards. That is 5000 gold coins if I buy 50 shards for 125 GC. 5000 GC is about 170 euro… ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
    Shards should be given the same way as gold coins, daily and weekly. That would give roughly about 100 shards per month. And still it will take more than a year to get all leveled up. Of course only if Rovio will not raise the birds level above 50(and they will) because again I have to get higher level weapon and invest shards in it.
    This should be applied not next week, not next year, but NOW. Because it will be players who spend a massive amount of money to get shards and this will make those players a super elite with huge advantage to other players. At start yes, it will give more money but then it will break the balance of game and it will KILL the game ultimately. But giving shards the same way like GC will keep players in the game and still players will be buying GC for real money. Maybe smaller amounts at time but longer and that will give Rovio the same money if not more(my opinion most likely scenario).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, too bad I already scrapped some weapons before this “clarification”… >:|

auressaion
    @auressaion

… Christmas update, and ABE suddenly became a Pay-to-Win, for real. TT

I did the same calculcation that @orinocopl did… except that he missed quite a few sets. Every bird now has 4 sets, i.e. 8 “legendary” items. 5 birds times 8 items, that’s 40 items.
    Arena-wise, there are 8 sets, for a total of 16 items (1 set = 1 banner + 1 spike)
    On set items, 10 levels of enchant is worth 55 enchant shards (not to mention 1.455 snotlings and 2.715 basic resources).
    (by the way, despite the “1000%” indicated for a level 10 enchant, the added power is 50% of the initial value. Not 10 times the initial value, but not bad either (and surely more than enough to make for a *real* difference in the arena)).
    So… 55 shards per items, times 56 items… That’s a whooping 3080 shards (for now), i.e. 62 “x50 shards” buyouts. At 125 Lucky Coins each, we are talking about 7750 Lucky Coins. A mere €240. A bit hefty for a Free-to-Play, isn’t it?

RIP Angry Birds Epic (at least its Arena Mode, that will obviously be trusted by rich fluffy bunnies), RIP Clash of Clans after SuperCell’s incredible update on last week… who’s next? Now I am wondering… Could there be something wrong in Finland’s water or air for some months? Something that would render people greedy and cynical as hell, maybe?

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Yeah, I kinda missed 5 snoutlings, my bad…
    Anyway, it’s killing game.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

auressaion
    @auressaion

@angryjohnny: uh, wat’s the point in posting this? 5 free shards, woohoo!!
    Read my post, we are talking about 3.080 (three thousands) shards total in order to upgrade only the set items, to their max level. Ya know, the set items that will be depreciated once the max level is raised – as of course the set items are not automatically upgradedupon the birds gaining a level.

Jeez, the logic behind such game mechanisms is beyond my understanding.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@auressaion The point is to inform people about this so that they know where the extra 5 shards comes from and also to inform the people that for some reason did not get the extra shards that they are entitled to them and should contact Rovio if that is the case.

Yes you are right that you have to use a big amount of shards to upgrade all the set items to their max enchantment level but I do not see the logic in why I should not inform people about the extra shards Rovio is sending out just because of that. Keep in mind that most people will not care to upgrade ALL the set items for every bird, only the sets that they use the most for each bird.

The ways to get more shards will also increase in the January update to be included in the calender and in the reward wheel in the Arena so that is always something.

auressaion
    @auressaion

@angryjohnny OK, I admit I did not reach to ABE’s twitter account, so I did not find earlier that “In January you will also get [Enchantment Shards] from the Calendar and the Arena Reward Wheel”. Sure that is already something. Very curious to see whether it will allow anyone to fully enchant even one set for each bird + two sets in the arena (i.e. about 770 enchant shards). Within a reasonable amount of time, that is (say, less than 6 months).

In my opinion (but I may be stubborn at times, I know), that does not remove anything to the fact that this clearly is (yet another) “pay-to-win” feature.

Well, at least the solo part of the game is enjoyable by itself, without the need to enchant anything. That’s something too :)

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@auressaion, @angryjohnny

In a very rare way, to obtain a fragment on behalf of enemies in the solo campaign, would have been a right way to relaunch the game and the adventure.

auressaion
    @auressaion

@grimmjow Sounds like a VERY GREAT IDEA indeed :)
    Some (most?) poeple might have finished the solo campaign a long time ago though. Occasionnally my kid replays a fight that he particularly likes. But in order for him to play again a whole campaign, something should be changed. Aside from the (somewhat grindy) events, what would be fantastic is secondary (selectable) scenarios, resulting in different travels throughout the map, even if this travel would use the same places (given that the fights are harder ones).

Well, dreaming is still allowed, yeah? :D

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I agree. You should send that idea to Rovio support so they can at least take it under consideration @grimmjow :-)

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryjohnny

You can if you want ;)

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

imo events should also give shards (by the wheel or by the free gift)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I received 5 Shards today as a gift. Anybody else?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Another idea, always for relaunch the campaign solo, would be to get shard with Snouthling. But they would be expensive, like 1 shards for 5k or 10k.

angryde
    @angryde

Sigh… another resource I’ll hoard pointlessly.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Everithing those who possesses a Twitter account, come to ABEpic account to support my suggestions (@GrimmJow69).

Sosich
    @so78

@grimmjow ahahaha You said that because you’re rich ! ^^

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

In everything those who an account possesses to tweet, come to support the suggestions.

https://twitter.com/GrimmJow69/status/677421465415909376

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.