Eggbot Interceptions after the v1.5.15 update

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Eggbot Interceptions after the v1.5.15 update

• I’ve played several intercepts since doing the update, and it seems to me that:

1. the additional coins from hitting the Eggbot has dropped significantly. For example two of my intercepts have been with a Sentinel Prime, and this is usually a guarantee of some really good coins, but in this case I barely managed to earn 3,000 coins (before bonuses and the video doubler) in one run and 3,500 in the other, whereas in the past I’ve consistently been able to earn 5,000+ coins (before bonuses and the video doubler).

2. it looks like you don’t get the “gift box” containing the “special materials” if you do an Eggbot intercept. When the tally screen comes up after the run is completed, it only shows the lines for pigs and coins, but no gift box.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

Maybe #1 is right, haven’t tried it out yet.
    #2: But sometimes when playing a regular node, you don’t get any gift boxes…at least, for me…

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Getting a Gift Box in a Regular Mission is totally Random!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sumitarora15

So in other words, the main source of the special items is the secret missions?

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

YES, specially Super Rareium!!

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig FWIW I just did a Sentinel Prime eggbot and actually fared slightly better thanu susal, 5$,369 before video doubler. This level didn’t seem to have anything special about it. However, i wouldn’t put it past Rovio to have “caught us” on this and decided we were making way too much money on sentintel prime/heatwave/galvatron etc eggbot levels and brought it down a notch. It really feels like the whole game has bee brought down a notch, weaker weapons, (even the gold bricks take lan extra shot to eliminate with a character such as Optimus prime) stronger enemies (Maniac-impossible-swarms of flying shotgun pigs are back!) less gold etc. I just did a HOBB level and ended up with less that 100 gold, never had less than 100 before.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel I agree, the coins output seems to be down across the board, not just on the intercepts – I wonder how much of this is due to reduced earning potential, and how much is due to weaker TFs / stronger pigs?

Baconizer
    @korath88

@optimuspig Bludgeon seems to have been further nerfed. Just played a node with him and was unable to destroy any gold blocks, only damage them.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

I agree with you but on the other hand Energon Soundwave is a bit stonger then before!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Looks like Energon Soundwave has slightly increased firepower, but they also decreased the firepower on regular Soundwave.

Before the update I could easily destroy pigs using the splash damage from when I destroyed structures, but now splash damage only wounds them – I can’t get the pigs to die outright.

Yeah, looking at it more closely now, it appears that even though a small number of TFs may have slightly increased firepower, overall firepower has dropped considerably.

This, combined with tougher and more powerful pig enemies is just making the runs that much more difficult.

They’ve definitely decreased the firepower on Heatwave and Sentinel Prime – I’m seeing a lot more tall structures that only get taken down about 2/3 of the way from a direct hit by one of these guys. Whereas before a direct hit was almost guaranteed to obliterate the towers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

As for my point #2 in the OP, I’m still not getting any gift boxes on the Egggbot intercepts, but I’m not necessarily getting gift boxes on my regular node runs either. So it’s probably totally random, and my Eggbot intercepts since the update are just too small a sample size.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hello
    No coin rebalancing has been done in 1.5 – it’s the same as it was. It might not feel it sometimes, but honestly it is.
    Not receiving a prize in an Eggbot event – sounds like a bug. Thanks for the spot!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

what about the difficulty settings??

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

Hey, good to see you again. Thanks for the fix you posted the other night – was able to get the game up and running again without too much trouble.

As for the gift boxes containing the new special upgrade materials – are they completely random, or are we supposed to get one every time that we successfully complete a run?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

it’s random, although the more you destroy the more likely you are to get something.
    Also, by upgrading the Silo you increase the likelihood of something being dropped.

Thanks

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle Thanks, that makes sense.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I’ve noticed that while shooting in some nodes, a gift box flying away, then at the end, the gift box was there to pick up. It’s random.

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

I’m finding that many intercepts can’t be done for less than 16 gems. Surely it’s not worth it. Anyone paid that much? Any special benefits?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@scottyuk not sure what you mean? All intercepts should be available for 1 gem, but it’s just a matter of waiting for the countdown clock to reach a certain point, iirc it’s 4m:5s or less.

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

I’ve watched tree potential intercepts which started with a high gem cost but not too much time and they dropped down in time to zero but the gem cost didn’t get below 16.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Gotta admit, this is the first time I’ve ever read about that one. Can’t say it’s ever happened to me, and I used to do a lot of intercepts before this update.

Is this something that started happening to you only after you updated to 1.5.15 (or 1.5.16 for Android)?

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

I’m playing on iPhone and I’ve only noticed since this recent upgrade. I’ll screen shot it the next time I have it.

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

I’ve sussed it. If your character is being upgraded (e.g. with an instant upgrade cost of 62 gems) and that character has the chance to intercept, the two gems costs are added together and display. As it drops down to 0 secs on the intercept the remaining gem cost reduces to that of the cost of instant upgrade …. if that makes sense :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Eggbot Interceptions after the v1.5.15 update

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.