Dumb things I do

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Dumb things I do

• My FP is 571. I have no idea whether that’s good or not but it took me a while to get there. I wonder what it could be if I didn’t occasionally do really dumb things out of inattention or laziness, like:

Fire the bird unintentionally. I resize the screen but not notice my left thumb is on the slingshot and the bird takes off, usually to nowhere.

Fire the wrong bird. I know which bird I want but I don’t press on it firmly enough to activate it, so I wind up sending a blue into a stone wall.

Impatience. I fire the next bird before the debris has settled from the previous one. Half the time my bird is wiped out by shrapnel or all the pigs are already destroyed so the shot is wasted.

Premature activation. Drop Matilda’s egg or flip Silver too early. Wasted shot. Again.

Forget my First Principle:  Play the percentages. Use the bird most likely to get the job done. I ignore my own advice and try to finesse a shot with a lesser bird so I can “save” Terrence or a bomb for later.

Fail to notice the evil magician pig, which will always jump to whatever structure I just destroyed.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • SB311
    @sb311

I think everyone has had those mistakes happen at least once. I know I have accidently released a bird when I didn’t mean to or been impatient and wasted a bird. I guess you just have to laugh it off and be more aware the next time.

The magician pig IS evil. It’s always the farthest away and I usually miss it so I have to waste a bird when it teleports.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

We’ve all been there, bro, we’ve all been there.
    Actually I still go there, mostly when getting annoyed. When my mental state is all green, I fire the best shots – if the randomness annoys me too much, it turns red and my temper fires some wild birds around – and it did happen, that the phone followed the birds… not proud of that.

IHateThisName
    @ihatethisname

I hate the purple laser pig more…

Anyways, you can suddenly attack the magician with Chuck or Silver, and it will just go poof in a mist, and no more magician problem!

Plus it turns out that the purple laser will make the Blues something good or strong, and the blue laser pig often helps.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I hate the pigs that turn my birds into something else.
    Have you ever noticed, that you don’t score points when let’s say Red turns into a boulder or a rocket? Though those have the potential to clear a room that the bird you shot would probably not, the score will be reduced to the “base” score – I cleared a room with 75.000 points with a boulder. My flock power is around 930 and clearing a room usually means around 8-10 Million points. I almost always wait for that pig to fall asleep or try to avoid its beam/spray/whatever.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, those things still occasionally happen to me. The “wrong bird” is not always just an accident. The bird can change back from what you selected, allthought it seems to be uncommon occurence. You change bird and correct card bumps up, but when you touch slingshot, the bird changes back to previous one. Twice I’ve caught it just in time, more often not.

The impatience is the one I’m still most guilty for. I want to play, not just waiting what/if something triggers more destruction. I’ve even used chili when not everything was settled and it caught wrong pig just under the screen bottom. Also, if your last pig decides to self destruct just after launching the chili, the feeling of being betrayed for wasting a spell is real.

About bird activation… well, sometimes you don’t have to touch the screen or have a finger close to it for bird to activate. Sometimes they just don’t activate at all. Just remember to keep your screen clear to avoid “mistouches”!

@jo-ha
    , I wondered why the points gotten were inconsisted for bird launched, but if the changing to an object takeing away the birds multiplier is true, that would explain it. Good call.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@rawdatasystems:

@jo-ha, I wondered why the points gotten were inconsisted for bird launched, but if the changing to an object takeing away the birds multiplier is true, that would explain it. Good call.

I should’ve taken a video, but next time I see one of those pigs I will try to reproduce it and upload it here. But yes, I’ve seen this multiples times now and the best example was the MEBC a few days ago, where the pig turned my bomb into a boulder, the room was cleared, but I had only those miserable 75.000 points.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Ouch! That… may very well make some changes to the way I play.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Dumb things I do

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.