Drifting on Air Tracks?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Drifting on Air Tracks?

• Is it just me, or is it much more difficult to drift on the Air tracks? Some of the challenges are asking to “Drift 25 times in a race” and I am having a hard time even getting to 15. Does anyone have any tips on which racers drift best in Air, or just any tips on Air track drifting in general? Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@dbkraemer Yes, though it makes sense in terms of physics. The spoilers on the back of the carts in “Air” makes the vehicle much more stable and much less reluctant to drift. As a trick, when upgrading the specs of your cart, focus on speed and acceleration and leave handling as low as possible.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Thanks @amslimfordy :)

I really wasn’t thinking about drifting on the Air tracks until I got to the challenges. I will definitely take your advice and be more thoughtful when upgrading…

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi:@dbkraemer. You did very good topic. I don’t know I f you visit the busy Topic ; how far you are!!! There are about 214 reply and some are talking about your consernig.

Yesterday I upgraded partially a kart : calls Gree Baron : the acceleration it’s know Fully Charged. Speed it’s about 5 bars on Yellow color hight lighted I leave that way; the Steength it’s a little bet more higher than handling , I forgot but probably it’s 9 on strength an 7 on Handling. It’s play perfectly on Drifting . I did 10 new Challenges done: so..!!!! Try more acceleration very low speed and strength higher than handling : but

Do your upgrading step by step.
    Usually there are on each if the 3 tracks : 3 types of Race: Race Ch. Time Boom Ch. And Splat Fruits. Rigth
    The increasing goes 10 by 10 cc.
    Example . If you are 610 in Race 1 Track they ask you upgrade to 630 , then for Time Boom 640 and for Splat Fruit 650…!!! Know. On track 2 will be 660 ,670 and 680 .
    Finally on the last Track: 3 you will increase the same way 10 by 10 go very thougfull and don’t increase more than 80% on strength and Handling leave the Speed very low. Like on third of the 100% which means from 12 about 4 or 5. No more that that. I hope you understand my explanation .
    Other tip. Ask @platium and @wazemank for more information they have very good tips .
    Regards.

aftarquino
    @aftarquino

I’m having the same problem.
    It seems impossible to drift 25 times in Air Track. The most I did was 20.
    Regards

waze
    @wazemank

Hello,

It’s difficult to drift in Air because we upgrade our karts very soon – it’s a big error. My free karts are upgraded until maximum and it’s not possible to drift neither 15 nor 25 times with these karts.

If you already have upgraded until maximum your kart, try to get another one via Telepod or gems and upgrade first Acceleration until maximum possible to play the 15 races of Track 1. Maybe you will have to upgrade Strength and Top Speed, but don’t upgrade Handling unless necessary to play Track 2. Same way for Track 3.

I have a Telepod and it’s been really easy to drift. I’ve noted challenges concerning drifting in AIR and in some cases my kart’s configuration to pass them, in format [CC-A-B-C-D], where CC=Kart’s CC, A=Top Speed, B= Acceleration, C=Handling , D=Strength.

RACE

3: Drift 15 times
    4: Drift 25 times
    5: Finish line drifting – in Track 3, got with Telepod [958-13-12-4-14]

TIME BOMB, track 1

4: Drift 15 times – [764-6-9-4-5]

TIME BOMB, track 2

6: drift 15 times
    8: Avoid 7 obstacles while drifting – [832-7-12-4-5]

TIME BOMB, track 3

6: Drift 15 times – [832-7-12-4-5]
    10: Destroy 5 ice obstacles drifting – have not noted.
    16: Avoid 10 obstacles while drifting [?-14-12-4-14]

FRUIT SPLAT, track 1

3: splat 7 fruit in a single drift – [764-6-9-4-5]
    4: splat 30 fruit while drifting – idem
    6: cross finish line drifting – idem
    12: splat 10 fruit in a single drift – [?]

FRUIT SPLAT, track 2

3: splat 7 fruit… – [969-14-12-4-14]
    18: splat 10 fruit in a single drift – idem

FRUIT SPLAT, track 3

3: splat 7 fruit… – [?]
    12: splat 10 fruit in a single drift – [981-?-?-?]
    18: idem 12

So, again, the general advice, many times written: Don’t upgrade your karts unless necessary.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Thanks to everyone who responded. :) That was definitely the problem, I had upgraded the handling and strength all the way (I figured that would help me get through the Time Bomb and Fruit Splat tracks, but it sure messed up the ability to drift.) So I ended up getting Kart 3 – Woodwind L1 and left the handling at two bars and the strength at three bars. The drifting was still more challenging than say, Seedway, but that just made it more satisfying when that 25th drift came.

I really didn’t think I was going to like this game when it first came out, but now I have a hard time putting it down. Can’t wait for the next update :)

platium
    @platium

hi @dbkraeme

if you saw my picture of Matilda’s TubCopter, you will notice I max out acceleration, leaving out the rest.

it is not easy to splat 10 fruits in 1 drift in AIR, you need to use with Hal. Once you start to drift, Hal’s power enable you to clear the rest of the fruits fast!

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello: @platium; @wazemank ; @grimmjow and all others that are playing-driving with TELEPODS .
    I just come back by shopping by some parts on SF Bay Area.
    I got this TELEPODS : a Multipack of 2 characters : Bubles and Foreman Pig.
    4 individual characters: which they are: – Corporal Pig ; – Matilda ; – The Blues and – the Black Bomb.

I did not use non of them yet : because the happens above …!!! I do not want to make an errors again.
    So ; question each character it’s specifically for specific Episode and specific track or just for specific Episode.
    Should I play-drive only the first track all 3 :Races: Race; Time Boom and Splat Fruits until ; I will be Stuck . I mean this Do as much challenges possible race by race using the specific CC. Then go to an other Episode : upgrading just what I need and no more. …!!! Know.

Air is the hardest one ; Episode : which of my character TELEPODS are or is for use only on Air…!!!
    On Air I do Want to Go!!! Cautiously …!!! HELLO WHAT SHOULD I DO…!!!
    I do not want to lose my head…!!! Of course I am eager to play my new TELEPODS ;..!!! But il wait for your Response and Guidance.!! Know. I visited more shop by internet and seems that it’s very difficult to found out the others TELEPODS I am missing ..!!! I found it on Walmart 3 more : Red ; Chuck the yellow Bird and Stella on individuals boxes :: but I can found : Hal ; Terence and King Pig …!!! @platium these all 3 last ; Are very hard to found them!!!! Or Where I can found them…!!!! Because you Said ..!!! You already have all 13 Series 1 and they are for sure what I describe above. !!! Please I need your help for continue my Game.
    I never bought anything on Internet using my bank Cards : in part because I am old Fashion for some things and because I don’t want to be Hacked and Robed for some one…!!! But if I can found and shop on a very reliable Store ..!!! I’ll do it. Hope you guys understand me !!!
    Regards all of you.

waze
    @wazemank

Hi @nacho18, as you know, I bought 2 Telepods for my child, both for Air but we’ve used only one of them, Rapid Rider, it’s the kart number 6 in Air episode (I discovered when I scanned QR code) and it costs 6,000 gems. Bought them in Amazon.

Regarding your fear of using bank cards on Internet, you could maybe create a new account for that purpose, with not much money and follow some basic security rules. But this is another issue.

Trying to answer yout questions…

-question: each character it’s specifically for specific Episode and specific track or just for specific Episode.

-answer: My Telepod can be used on AIR, all tracks. I think it’s the same to all Telepods.

-question: Should I play-drive only the first track all 3 :Races: Race; Time Boom and Splat Fruits until ; I will be Stuck . I mean this Do as much challenges possible race by race using the specific CC. Then go to an other Episode : upgrading just what I need and no more. …!!! Know. –

-answer: In my case (playing with 1 Telepod on AIR) I try to do as much challenges as I can on Track 1, upgrading the minimum what I need (CCs). When I’m stuck, I upgrade the kart to play Track 2. And same way for Track 3. But always upgrading the minimum necessary.

-question: Air is the hardest one ; Episode : which of my character TELEPODS are or is for use only on Air…!!!

-answer: I have 2 Telepods, but didn’t know which episodes I can play with them until I scanned their QR codes. They are Rapid Rider and Green Baron (http://www.amazon.com/Angry-Birds-Go-Telepods-Multi-Pack/dp/B00E671V2Y), both for AIR.

-question: I visited more shop by internet and…

-answer: There are lots of Telepods in Amazon, maybe you could find there what you are looking for. Anyway, I don’t think having lots of telepods is really helpful or efficient. I mean, I was stuck with 49 challenges on AIR and I have done 100 challenges more with one Telepod. But the second one is still unused.

platium
    @platium

Hi @nacho18

this is my experience so far.

i have completed 172 AIR since only FULLY upgrading the accelerator of TUBCOPTER. However, I am still not sure if speed, handling or strength will lower the ability to drift. My thought for now is strength should be the second.

Rocky and Stunt, try not to fully upgrade speed and acceleration, there are challenges that requires you to pass through first 40 obstacles in stunt and closely miss 15 obstacles in rocky! I find that with faster kart, i had to be very alert on these challenges.

seedway no issue, can fully upgrade all kart if you want. only thing about this challenge is 7xking sling!!!!!

hope this help!

my stats are as follow
    seedway 263
    rocky 219
    air 172
    stunt 162
    ice 27

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Drifting on Air Tracks?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.