Doubt about epic set items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Doubt about epic set items

• Does it depends only on your luck to get the complete set?
    I’ve noticed that many of my friends (even the low-level ones) have the full set for more than one bird and I have only isolated epic items without pair.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Remember that 20LC spins on GPM give more than 50% chance to earn a set item so if your friends are “rich”, of course they will have more set items than you !

Ginobili
    @ginobili

Ok, I understand. My doubt was about the ways to get a set item. But I think your answer is useful for my question too.
    My low-level friends aren’t even daily players, so I think they’re luckier than me.

Thx

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@ginobili I’m pretty sure Zack is misinformed, the 20LC spin doesn’t make any difference on your chances. All it does is fill the bar by 1% per LC spent (total of 20%), rather than 0.66% per LC on the 3LC spin (2%). The only time that the chances for set items are increased is during Rainbow Riot, which lasts for 15 minutes after you complete a Mighty Eagle Stamp Card by defeating the Golden Pig 7 days in a row.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ginobili There is a forum topic on the Golden Pig Machine (GPM) further down the list of topics which explains most of what you need to know about the GPM.

It is likely your friends are playing the daily battle with the golden pig (and defeating him) – even if they are not doing anything else. After the 7th consecutive day of defeating the golden pig, your GPM goes into “rainbow riot” mode. This is a 15 minute period where your chances of getting a set item are increased by a factor of 3. I don’t know what the actual chances of getting a set item are, but this is the best time to spend LC’s on rolls at the GPM. Your friends must have spent a lot of their LC’s at the GPM during the rainbow riot.

You have to be quite lucky to get matching set items. Each bird has 6 set items (3 weapons and 3 offhand items), so there are 30 set items in total.

As @zackvoyager suggested, your friends could also have done a lot of 20LC rolls on their GPMs. The chances of a set item would also be improved if they did this during the rainbow riot.

@dr_ishmael
    The 20LC spin does give you an increased chance of getting a set item. Hold your figure on the GPM above the rainbow bar – and the explanation comes up. Again I do not know the actual percentage chance, but I don’t believe it is as high as 50%.

bouboule
    @bouboule

Also there was an exploit before that was allowing us to get one set item per day, but now it’s gone :(
    Maybe some of your friends have used that exploit when it was possible

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@KerrAvon Oh, THERE it is! I did look for any in-game tooltips that might give info on this before I posted, but I never thought to check on the GPM itself. -_-

Ginobili
    @ginobili

Thank you guys for all the help.
    BTW I spend my LC only when in Rainbow Riot. I’m just out of luck, or they exploited that bug @bouboule told.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Doubt about epic set items

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.