Does selection of TF change strategy?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Does selection of TF change strategy?

• I know most of you maxed out players had to just go with the pre-selected TF that appeared in the node. I’m at level 311 with several TFs at levels 12-14 and most still at 9 or 10. Now that you can select your TF (a gem for each roll), how would your strategy have changed? Do you think it’s worth to scroll around to my higher-level TFs? I do this on the known harder nodes like the desert run in the top center and the east river runs at the top just below Pig City. Do you think it’s worth it elsewhere?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s difficult to say if I would have changed things up while I was still progressing, as I was already maxed-out at Rank 435 when this came in.

In general, I only use the gem-to-reselect option if:

1. the node is blocked because the TF is on a mission, or
    2. it’s a TF I really hate using on that node – for example desert nodes are notoriously difficult with Heatwave or Sentinel due to all the missiles, flying pigs, falling monoliths, and walking mortar towers. It’s either a death-trap or your scoring will be severely impeded.

But even then, it’s pretty rare that I’ll use a gem to change my TF. Usually only if I’m super bored and I want to run that node right away, but otherwise I can’t see myself wasting a lot of gems on that since they’re so difficult to come by.

Also, it’s a matter of profit. Certain nodes pay out better (on average). So I wouldn’t necessarily swap my TF in a Pig City node, but I’d consider it on a beach node.

The other thing to consider is that your swap is no guarantee to get you a TF you want, so then you have to make another decision whether or not to use another gem. And so on.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Optimus_Pig
    Thanks for the insights.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Does selection of TF change strategy?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.