Do you think Angry Birds will last?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do you think Angry Birds will last?

• I noticed that Rovio got some wacky ideas with their Angry Birds games,from RPGs to bubble shooters and even soccer now. I think the soccer game looks and sounds especially silly since it can possibly only ridicule the franchise even more. But what`s your take on it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The RPG version of Angry Birds is actually quite OK. Far away from the original concept of Angry Birds but I enjoy it.
    Most others – Fight!, Go!, POP! or Goal! for example – are merely rip-offs of existing game principles – match-3, kart racing, bubble shooting, and mobile football. Some people like them – I didn’t enjoy POP!, for my part.
    And seeing what they’ve done to the original slingshot games – see Angry Birds 2 – is just a big letdown. Health system, high dependency on in-game currencies, levels that are much luck and little skill (and there’s WAY too many levels at once – 560 levels, that’s something that the original game needed six years to achieve!), a PvP zone infested with cheaters, and the storyline is just… flat. The original game had lots of creativity, a funny and variating storyline with each new chapter, love was put into the game, and levels were hand-crafted – in AB2, they’re computer-generated making even walkthrough videos impossible because the only rooms that are always the same are the boss rooms. Oh and speaking of bosses. You knock them out, throw them down bottomless pits, and yet still, about 30 levels later, they’re magically there again and take your eggs away. Forever tragedy. That’s how I’d feel if I was Red or anyone else of the flock. If I knew the pigs would always return, even resurrect, to steal my eggs – why would I still bother continuing?

We’ve gotta see whether Angry Birds will last. Most of its future, however, will not depend on any of the games, but on the success of the upcoming movie.

Matthew Sparrow
    @matthew-sparrow

Thats true,but instead of mostly milking Angry Birds Rovio should have the same focus on their other games. Like that Shakira game they made is forgotten already and Nibblers is just bland. Retry was really cool but now its dead and Plunder Pirates doesnt seem important to them either. And I guess the fact that gamers absolutely hate mobile games isnt helping the company either. Mobile market is massive and it will forever grow at this point but sure does not have a good name at the moment.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Do you think Angry Birds will last?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.