Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

• If you want more Facebook friends for AB 2, this is the place to post.

Please do not post your Facebook info unless you have a secondary, gaming-only FB account that does not link to your real-life personal information (these are sometimes called “bogus” Facebook accounts). The reason for creating a secondary FB account is for confidentiality – e.g. someone might not want their gaming information/friendships entangled with their family/professional FB account.

Instead, if you are willing to have members add you on Facebook, perhaps say “Facebook Friendly” in your comment. Users can then Private Message each other to keep sensitive information hidden behind the scenes.

There are earlier threads on AB 2 friends requests:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/fb-friends-needed-for-ab2/

FRIENDS

The original post that began this discussion was from Gelfling::

Do I want to link my AB2 game to my Facebook account? Maybe there are some special AB2 goodies for Facebook users? Can I connect my AB2 game progress to Facebook if I initially connected AB2 to a Google account?

When I was initially given the opportunity to link AB2 to my Facebook account I said hell no, as I always say when asked to link anything to Facebook, and instead linked it to a bogus Google account that I use for AB. Now I am wondering if that was a bad choice, and if I should have gone with Facebook. I loathe Facebook (take the bad reviews of AB2 and multiply them by 1000) but I have created a bogus Facebook account for this specific purpose. But seems that AB2 is super glued to that initial account; I hope I’m wrong.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • waimea
    @waimea

@gelfling I too detest linking anything to Facebook, which I don’t really ever use. But I went ahead and did it because that is the only way you can give gifts, plus you can invite friends, and then your and their score for each level will be displayed on the level page. Great for head to head competitions. And so far I haven’t had any problems or negative actions. So far….Oh, and I got a bunch of gems first time I connected. Can’t recall how many.

SweetP
    @sweetp

I haven’t connected AB2 to my FB account, since my business is also linked to my personal page. I guess if I want those 60 gems, I could create a bogus account, but is it really worth it? I mean, I wouldn’t have any friends to give the gifts to, and there wouldn’t be any competitors.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I connected the game to my Facebook account the moment I got that option, since I have no need or wish to conceal my identity. The connection has played a big role in helping build up my gem amount – I’ve received a lot of gifts from my friends, and I send at least one gift to a random friend every day because this is a daily objective that rewards you with 10 gems. Started playing the game on May 7, and currently I have over 3800 gems.

Tinus
    @tinus

I for one still, for all that is holy, do not know why anybody would want to be on Facebook. But they can put up any crap they want there for AB2, I’m not playing that one anyway

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@waimea, @sweetp, @mighty-red-1, @tinus

I created my bogus Facebook account, which you can find here at ABN if you are a member. Only for playing Angry Birds…

@sweetp I would be happy to friend you at facebook or anyone else here at ABN who creates a bogus Facebook account and wants to swap gifts/gems/whatever. We could form a bogus-facebook-AB2 ring. I haven’t done that yet and so have not worked through the logistics yet but would be happy to do so. It should give me more time at the arena to work out the kinks in my style. But I don’t do head-to-head competitions, only competing against myself.

@mighty-red-1 3800 gems??!!!! I think I have 35 LOL. that’s like the endless carbonite reward bug. I ended the game with over 1000 birds, because I kept doing it to see how they programmed carbonite rewards.

@tinus – I have posted about this elsewhere, but I have some very negative feelings about the capitalistic materialism in AB2. On the other hand I read about how Rovio is falling behind other game makers because of their game model, and I want Rovio to survive. I am giving it a go, refusing to spend any money whatsoever. We’ll see how far I get.

If there is anyone else who find this post surfing on the net who is trying to connect their AB2 account to a bogus Facebook account but are mystified about how to do so, before going into an episode there is a menu on the left inviting you to share AB2 with Facebook friends.

SweetP
    @sweetp

That’s not a bad idea, @gelfling to create a bogus account. I could also create a private AB2 group there.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Good @sweetp. My Facebook account is now in my ABN profile. Let me know if you want me involved.

When I created my account I found @mvnla2 there, befriended to some other ABN folks. I think that she has a post here about creating bogus accounts for AB purposes.

SweetP
    @sweetp

I found your profile page and sent you a request. I also created a group, and will add you to it if you wish.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — IMO, it would be a good idea if you changed the name of this thread to “Facebook Friends for AB 2”. I think people would find a single thread clearly on this topic useful.
    There are 2 old threads on the same topic that could be referenced:
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/fb-friends-needed-for-ab2/

FRIENDS

You could leave your original post at the end of the main post and explain what the original topic of the thread was.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 2! 2!t. OK sounds like a good idea, I’ll try to follow your advice, figure out how to rename this thread, and rerig the initial content later today. After I do that would you take that draft and make any changes revisions that would be helpful to ABN culture and I’ll post that . ?

@sweetp
    sure, I would love to join your face book group. What is a Facebook group? :-) I promised my first gift to MVLA2, and I’ll give my second one to you sweetp. Then maybe I will understand this and know what I’m doing.

My main purpose was to find someone to give these gifts to and not waste them. To get started today I finished 2 1/2 levels just now and there wasn’t one gift in any of the games (nomenclature?). Damn, does Facebook stop giving you gifts if you don’t give them away? If that is true hopefully once we start giving to each other will get more of them.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Thanks for making the change. I bet there will be lots of friend’s requests here now that AB 2 is global. Will look at your changes when they’re ready.
    BTW — The 2 after MVnLA is explained on my profile page. Would do without if I could.

Let me know when you send a gift, since I don’t think I’ll get it, so I’ll be able to tell you not to bother. I’ve been collecting lots of gifts, which I can’t do anything with.

@SweetP
    — What does one do with a FB group?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Amazing! I was actually able to log in to FB from AB2. Same approach, tried many times, didn’t work previously, but just now it did.
    If you want to be my FB friend for AB 2 (assuming I can continue to log in), please send me an ABN friend’s request, and I will send you my FB info, or you can post your FB info here or in your profile. I only accept FB friend’s requests from people I “know” on ABN.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 -Just now I actually saw a gift! I’d burned up most of my birds before the gift arrived, so I didn’t know whether to focus on nailing the gift or on getting more careful so that I would finish the level and get to keep the gift! So of course I missed the shot. Then when I came through the level a second time the gift was gone. :(( It will take me a bit to figure this out.

What I did was to put the link to my Facebook page here in my profile here @ABN so that only members can view it . That seems like the logical place to place it. I sent you an invitation from within AB2 to your Facebook account. I have no idea if that helped, but if it did then it would be nice to let other people know instead of flailing around like I was.

Also, there are people who have been working this Rovio-Facebook-AB2-ABN connection for a while and who know a whole lot more than I do about it who can probably indoctrinate us, like @partshade.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I think I accepted your FB invitation to AB2. Not sure where you can see all your friends in AB2. You should be able to see me on the list of your FB friends in FB.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Hmm…good question @mvnla2, at least for the purposes of having that account on FB. I’ll just delete it, since I don’t see any benefits for it.

However, I do belong to several groups elsewhere in FB, mainly for my business and networking purposes where we connect and share ideas, find info before it’s released to the public, etc.

abe-temp
    @abe-temp

Hi Guys,
    I added my angry birds only Facebook account in my profile here at ABN. Please feel free to add me for some sweet, sweet gifts!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@MVnLA2 I don’t know enough about this to expand the post at the beginning of this thread into something useful. I will add your 2 links and let you edit it further if you want to.

I am confused! Not that easily done. You can connect AB2 to Facebook, Facebook to ABN, ABN to Rovio, ad nauseum. Then yesterday I also connected to your Facebook account @MVnLA, from within AB2, which is how I was able to send a gift to you today ?!, Now I see your high scores for a particular level in a personalized “leaderboard” Rovio created for me! Aiyee! I don’t like leaderboards and now I have a personalized leaderboard. Are you familiar with this, is this normal?

(Nice scores by the way, good job!)

I’m also posting publicly the obvious, which is apparently not so to some people. Don’t chase down ABN members via this thread or by creating bogus ABN accounts. Do not ask us to be Facebook friends to get AB2 gifts. Not happening. Can’t believe someone was that selfish and naïve. We have some exquisitely sharp beaked folks here at ABN just for this and similar purposes.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Today when I logged into AB2, I was already logged in to FB. AND I got a gift of 5 gems from you and from an AB Epic friend!
    I’m stuck on a level today, and although I’ve been able to collect several gifts, I’ve lost them because I haven’t completed the level. Therefore can’t return the favor of a gift yet.
    I can see you on the map (at level 47), along with a lot of my FB friends from AB Epic, but I can’t see @SweetP, although she is on my FB friends list.
    So @sweetp, what level are you on? It may be that you are hidden behind someone else’s icon. I’m on level 137. Can you see me?
    BTW @gelfling — I can see you on several of my leaderboards with a score in the top 3 among all my Epic friends who play AB2. No mean achievement!
    As for the personal leaderboards, yes it’s what Rovio does in all the games that connect to FB. I actually liked it better in EPIC when you could see how all of them were doing in the arena, for example.
    I’ll take a look at your main post later today.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Abe-temp — Hope you get some friends, but it’s more likely if you put more info on your ABN profile, and post some in other ABN threads / walkthroughs, so people will “Know” you a little. Even though I have a FB account that is used only for ABN game friends, I don’t accept friendship requests from people I know nothing about.
    I’m sure some people are much more willing to become friends with total strangers.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 tee hee hee ha! You have a good sense humor but it doesn’t come out often enough.

HazelMix
    @hazelmix

I agree. I could care less about that site. Whatever happened to Rovio accounts?

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@Hazelmix – I agree. My Rovio account was still working well when I last played Star Wars II. It seems that it may not have been working well enough for Rovio however. My guess is that if you partner with Facebook somehow that manages to be lucrative. :-)

For myself I decided to try this out, including a bogus Facebook account, but it’s ungodly complicated just to give somebody a gift. Doubtless those old to Facebook will find it less complex.

waimea
    @waimea

@sweetp, @gelfling, @mvnla2 Hi guys. I’m basically picking on you folks because you probably have the knowledge I (we) need. Here’s the thing: My fling buddy (who shall remain anonymous {@bikkit…lol} both have FB pages (now). We have changed our settings in ‘app visibility’ to friends as recommended. We can see each other in our list of friends to ‘invite’. We are using an early level we both have scores in. We have ‘invited’ each other ad nauseum. I get a message that he has invited me, and he also does with me. We have clicked on the invite notice, looked everywhere for an ‘approve’ icon, anything to get us both showing up on the individual level leaderboard. Also, we have tried to send presents, but it says no friends to send presents to. WHAT are we doing wrong? Are we missing some step to make AB2 recognize us as friends? We have spent more time working on this problem in the last week than we have flinging, and that’s no fun. So if any of you guys can help us ‘facebook challenged’ folks to get hooked up with each other in AB2, we would truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@waimea — I am very far from a FB expert, but I have managed to get FB friends for Epic and AB 2. So here’s advice from the legally blind for the totally blind:
    * It would help to know what platform you are playing on, and maybe even which operating system. I play on an old iPad 2 running IOS 8.4.
    * I have the current version of FB installed as an app on my iPad (get it from the App Store or wherever Android people get their apps).
    * If I open the FB app, there is a white bar at the bottom of the screen that has (from L to R) News Feed, Requests, Messenger, Notifications, More. Click on Requests. You should see a request from your friend along with Accept / Reject buttons. Choose Accept.
    * You may need to then invite your friend from within AB 2. As I recall, this is done by opening any level, except the Arena, then click invite at the bottom of the leaderboard. I don’t think I did this. Once I was actually able to connect to FB, all my EPIC and AB 2 friends appeared.

waimea
    @waimea

@mvnla2 Lol….I appreciate your help. We both use BlueStacks for PC (which might be part of the problem anyway). But although we have FB pages, I’m not sure we have installed the FB app for Android on our BlueStacks. I will pursue that avenue and see if it helps. Thanks!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.