discouraging scores are saving money

Home Forums General Discussions Forum discouraging scores are saving money

• I used to play levels over and over for hours at a time trying for a higher score and using many power ups (on friends tournament). now that I’m seeing most levels with high scores posted at 50,000 or even 100,000 above anything I can conceive of getting, I’ll just play a few times, maybe even 20 minutes for a fun level,then check my score and when I see I’m way under the high score, move on or stop playing. it’s discouraging to see regular glitches on different platforms allowing for higher scores, or for so many levels now that rely more on luck to get outrageous scores. I don’t mind trying over and over again for a lucky shot, like on the ABSW laser balls for the POTJ score addict achievement, but I’m not going to do that for every level. at least my wallet is happy.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jkhab69 — I’m sort of in the same boat as you. I used to try to be above average on every level. I still try for some games, but on others, I know that to get above average you need lots of power ups, and I’m not going to spend real money on them.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@jkhab69, @mvnla2
    Losing real money (as happened to me due to a game synchronization glitch) will also stop you from spending money! I really wanted to get Skulkers so I spent (even more) real money that disappeared. I reported it to Rovio – their response was exactly and only “sorry”. I disputed the issue with Google Play to get my refund.

Now I’ve passed the normal playing experience and have moved on to phase 2: beat the game with computer programming know-how. I can now play the game 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and collect enough snoutlings to match the “Kings Treasure Chest” (17,500 snoutlings) in about 20 hours.

Next I’ll move on to outright hacks… like mass manufacturing Hot Veggie Cakes.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@toothgnasher–I suspect some others are using ReMouse, or the equivalent, to farm SRC. More power to you! I’m not, but it is interesting. I assume you’ve looked at the AB Epic forum on farming snoutlings? There may be a better combo to use, but it depends on your level and the level of the birds.
    FYI — If you do move on to outright hacks, ABN will not allow you to post them.

Bangry Ird
    @bangry-ird

Hi,
    everybody! Can somebody please explain to me why i can’t post any message. Am i doïng something wrong. Is it that i made a friendship request to E-star without explaining my request?
    I don’t understand it anymore?

Greetzzz, @bangry-ird. ;-)

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@jtwade , I don’t have a problem with using powerups to get higher scores, to an extent. for the friends tournament, where powerup scores are permitted, I see no reason to NOT use them to achieve a higher score. the main issue I have is the levels I’m seeing lately where even with using MAX powerups, I’m still scoring as much as 100k less than the highest score. why pay to use powerups if I’m scoring so much less than the leader? oh, and before I start seeing replies questioning my skill, this is just a game mostly using trajectory, kinetic force, and sometimes a lot of luck. while there are some levels that are Rube Goldberg-like, it’s not that complex.

tomason
    @tomason33

I’m on a PC, and done well in the tournament (#1 this week as well as last week in league play but LOTS of $ spent). Are you saying that other platforms are able to score in ways we can’t EVEN in competitive gameplay? If so, that is a huge mistake where it counts, and the Rovio techs truly should not let this be possible,. I will shut down my spending instantly if that is true and if it remains so after we make some noise.

tomason
    @tomason33

I just contacted Rovio and sent them the following (copy and pasted):

I was told the phone apps can score more points than PC users due to a difference in platforms, and can score tens of thousands more points due to this difference. I have spent like $200.00 in just this time, because I play a lot. I will stop spending, and will advise others to as well if this is allowed to occur. I have been #1 in both weeks of league play, and don’t wish to ;lose next week due to a glitch,. Thanks you guys, and if this problem isn’t a problem then the $ shall flow like a wild river as usual.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@tomason this site has a lot of useful data about glitches where iPhone can score more than other platforms or PC can score more. the key question is are these glitches intentional to cause players to spend more money than other platforms trying to reach unattainable scores, are they due to outsourcing to incompetent, unskilled labor, or are they totally false, generated by employees getting unobtainable results on tweaked systems, or are even the videos posted just fakes created by someone Who wants an ego boost? I’ve seen firsthand how corporate greed can cause bad decisions which impact the product. it’s not enough to make a profit every year, instead every year they want to make more of a profit. some levels in the new Ham dunk have blatant examples of performance which defies real world physics … a ball moving towards the edge of the platform, when it gets to the end will stop and move backwards like it hit a wall that’s not there because below that wall is a net which would give 5000 points. that’s neither crappy coding or an accident.
    I applaud your optimism in sending a message to Rovio but many other large corporations, like RadioShack for example, have already shown that when the bean counters take charge and start making decisions to generate profit at the expense of anything else, consumer feedback is usually ignored. fortunately such companies tend to get weeded out eventually, even those like AT&T, which was considered too big to fail. hopefully Rovio’s mgmt hasn’t gone to the dark side. there’s a big difference between levels that take skill vs levels where one MUST spend money to achieve three stars. and of course, were employees to start posting videos and scores that are unachievable for the average person in an effort to trick players into spending more money to try to beat fake scores, that would constitute fraud in many countries.

tomason
    @tomason33

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. The motivating factor for businesses is almost always the big mamooo. So it is and so it always will be. I for one am pleased that they make money while supplying a great game for all of us to enjoy. They also hate bad press though (remember the privacy debacle) and they don’t want to cook the goose (or geese) that lay golden eggs, so they will no doubt be at least interested that this is being noticed to the game’s detriment which translates to you, myself, and others to pull money AWAY from the game. “Discouraging scores are saving money” is a headline they can relate to for $ure when the golden eggs are no longer laid… so to speak

Home Forums General Discussions Forum discouraging scores are saving money

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.