Diamond League!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond League!

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Rainbow Riot was pretty decent: a couple useful set pieces, Time Jump and Vengeful.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I don’t enter the 5x Rainbow Riot for another 40 hours, or thereabouts. I’m seriously considering dropping 90 LCs on the AGPM (standard; non-arena). That would drop me down to 1500 in the bank. I’m sure I’ll chicken out… and say ‘next month,’ again. Lol! Congrats on your new (diamond) arena emblems. No luck with any (diamond) L-52 set pieces?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sinister Head (Crit), which I use, plus Frozen Hide (Vigor). The rest was boring stuff. Totally worth it for Time Jump & Sinister Head. Once I get Resilience, I’ll have the full set of Emblems.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

My banner is Wood. So, it may rise to Stone when I have more arena points

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I did 6 x 6 spins on the Arena GPM yesterday. I got zero set items on the first 18 spins, then on the 19, 20 and 21st spin I got 3 set items. After doing 36 spins I ended up getting 5 set items, but one was guaranteed from the rainbow so I really got 4/35 or a set item 11.4% of the time. I managed to get both a complete Blessed and Sinister set from those 5 items. I also did one expensive spin on the regular GPM and got The Navigator, but that set is still broken because the bonus hasn’t worked for me yet.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Your 11% Set payout is consistent with what I got yesterday.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@angryde – I saw your 990 non-Venomous today. Assume you needed a different team for objectives?

Also, KK has a pretty solid team. Congrats!
    ____

Finished in Diamond and spun up a perfect Resilience, to complete the Emblem collection, but now it’s another slog back up…

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Yeah, I use my best non-venomous, ‘aggressive’ team for a few objectives. Samurai-11-‘Dragon Breath’, Wizard-11-‘Twin Lightning’, Spies-11-‘*BEEP* ATTACK!,’ using diamond-52-47-‘Blazing Eye/Cloth’ and diamond-52-‘Time Jump.’ Sadly, no combination of birds/gear has ever boosted me over 1000 in APR. Back to wood… sad state of affairs!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

From mucking about with my birds, I think you need at least one M12 bird and a full 52 set) to break 1000 power rating.

In Plat/Diamond, I was running 1000+ in all-out attack mode. In Wood, I’m seeing a lot more Venomous / Thorns / Vengeful / Retaliate vs Resurrect / Time Jump / Resilience, so I switch to a healing for Chuck putting me under 1000.

Anonymous

Other than Snoutlings, are there any rewards from arena battles that are useful in the rest of the game?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No. Arena is largely self-contained, and you can do just fine ignoring it.

If you’re finding Arena difficult, best to farm Snouts and Mastery in Star Reef Castle to make your birds stronger.

Anonymous

@graugeist

Thanks for the info/tips! I’d already been on top of the XP/snout farming power of star reef castle, but so far I haven’t been able to let auto play get me through it, so I’ve been doing most of my snout farming via Cobalt Plateaus 9, since the wealthy rogue shows up there a lot, and the seeds are useful for potion brewing.

Your explanation about my hyper competitive wood league on the other forum thread makes a ton of sense, and gives me hope for the future. But now knowing for sure that arena is largely self-contained, I’m not sure what the point is in the first place. I’m not on facebook, so there’s no possibility of farming FE from the additional GPM either.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Arena is end game content, for those who have finished the island.

Anonymous

Gotcha, thanks again. I’ll probably keep playing the arena anyway, while I wait for Piggy, Porky and Pigiana to finish resting before continuing to help me in the caves. This game is too much fun not to!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond League!

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.