Diamond Anvil

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond Anvil

• With the current sale on the upgrade, I am contemplating a very unlike @angryde splurge of LCs and upgrading to the Diamond Anvil. I know this reduces Enchantment requirements for gear, but can anyone confirm this includes Snouts? I have lots of resources to do this, but at the current state, Snouts are burned through at an excessive rate. If the Enchantment upgrade reduces this, it may be worth it in the long run.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless With higher anvil upgrades, you require less materials but the snout costs do not get influenced in any way.

Pointless
    @pointless

Thanks @datguygamer
    Not worth the LCs then.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless It really cuts down on your materials now that the threshold has been reduced. Only 1672 for a level 10 enchantment.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless

I would go with the PUTTY anvil if I were you.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer OK, significant, then. It is 2,169 now with my Gold Anvil.

@dallasreds
    is that upgrade needed for the Holy Hand Grenade?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I used the discount to upgrade to the Gold Anvil and Cauldron each. Besides Elite Illusionist (which can wait) and Mastery, there was nothing else to spend my LC’s on, so I gave it a shot. Plus, I doubt we’ll see a discount like this another time soon ;)

Pointless
    @pointless

My thought too regarding the sale. Don’t remember seeing it before, so who knows when again? Took a deep breath and with one touch, 420 LCs were gone for the sake of a shiny new Diamond Anvil.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Have you purchased them?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Not with real money. I had the LC’s anyway ;)

@pointless

Not sure about the Diamond Anvil, 700 LC’s are quite a lot for such little use. 75 LC’s for getting rid of the dreaded 0 stars and a bit less materials to consume for enchanting are OK though.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Since you have purchased them, then it’s no use now. Basically, a better sale was coming up with about 60% discount. But since you bought these anyway…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I bought a gold anvil way back when because it made my lower-level resources more valuable. With a gold anvil, by converting your lower-level to advanced resources, it created resources, in essence.

With a gold anvil, it takes 2169 logs, for instance, to get from level 0 to level 10. But it takes only 348 square wood. That works out to a 2.5x increase in value per level for resources for 6.23X “gain” factor between basic and advanced.

By turning basic resources into advanced, you create higher level resources faster than the gain factor whenever you roll 2 or 3 stars, meaning you effectively create resources. For example, if you roll a single star going from logs to bamboo, you convert 50 logs into 20 bamboo, but with the gain factor of 2.5X going from logs to bamboo you broke even (meaning those 20 bamboo give you the same enchantment bump that 50 logs would have). Roll two stars though, and you turn 50 logs into 30 bamboo, which are worth 75 logs in terms of enchantment, so you “created” 25 logs. If you get 3 stars, then you get 40 bamboo, which are worth 100 logs, and you created 50. You get a similar step by going from bamboo to square wood. So if you rolled nothing but 3-stars you would quadruple the effective number of basic resources you had (you would turn 1000 logs into 640 square wood, which are worth 4000 logs in terms of enchantment).

Back when it took a lot of resources to enchant (like 440 advanced to go from level 9 to level 10), it seemed like a good idea to me to buy the gold anvil so I would always at least break even (in terms of creating resources) when crafting advanced resources. Then they lowered the amount you needed and I was kicking myself because it was a waste of LCs, I had *plenty* of resources to enchant as much as I wanted and it went back to shards being the limiting quantity.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    I hope you have gone to the ER for possible stress.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless lost for words.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    You know you could’ve told us earlier. I did read this topic before I made the purchases :(

But eh, I missed the discount on some Premium and Elite classes, too…

Pointless
    @pointless

Was “only” 420 LCs, not 700, and I still have lots, but also a little buyer’s remorse. I know it will come in handy with the next Level increase, but I do need to build up Snouts. I only just recently brought the bank back up over 100K, which doesn’t last long when Enchanting. Mouth Pool with Cannoneer/Golden Gun is my friend right now.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I apologize. Recently I was very inactive in these threads and I screwed up. Sorry. :(

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Diamond Anvil

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.