Decreased frequency of gems in lab

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Decreased frequency of gems in lab

• Has anyone noticed that, since gems came back to the lab, the frequency of actually LANDING on them has gone way down? When I trade 3 super rareiums, I’ve only gotten gems on the first spin once in over 30 tries. Even when I pay gems to retry, I almost never get gems back within the first 3 spins. Statistically, there should be a 2/5 = 40% chance of getting gems for 3 super rariums, and a 50% chance on the second try, and a 67% chance on the 3rd try. Even without retries, out of 30 attempts, I should have gotten gems 12 times, not just 1. They put the gems back in the lab, but made them nearly impossible to get.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Rovio rigged the pig lab on purpose to try to get us to buy gems

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

You assume the probability of landing on each space is equal, it’s obviously not.

Kermit
    @kerm1t

ou assume the probability of landing on each space is equal, it’s obviously not.

No, it wasn’t but they significantly lowered the odds, after the period where they removed the gems entirely (and everybody was back slashing at Rovio). It’s a means to shoos the community and bring better ‘ballancing’ (= more profit)…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pandaczar12

“You assume the probability of landing on each space is equal, it’s obviously not.”

Yes, it never was. The lab test done by the ABTDP group on Facebook proved that last year.

But it was still into the double-digits percentage-wise.

After the took out the gems entirely and then brought them back in, I reckon the chance of hitting gems is now into the low single digits.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Actually I prefer to keep the items on the lab only to upgrade my bots.

I usually do not count with those items to generate gems. My main method to earn gems are the missions. I only use the lab to do that daily quest to create an item.

Sometimes, when I put one of my bots in upgrade for more than 2 days, I tend to combine the rest of the items of the lab. My main objective is to get more super rareiums (I never use them on the lab). After that, I try to make the combinaions that can give me more gems, but I really don’t expect too much in that case.

Joel
    @joel687

I used to spend time farming the lab for gems, but I have given that up since they put the gems back into the lab. In maybe 50 tries, I got gems once.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

I’ve rolled over 100 3xrariums and got the gems twice. This puts the chance of landing on gems at less than 2%

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I haven’t rolled 3xSR in ages. There’s just no point in trying, especially since my first and second re-spins would inevitably land on coins as well, so I’d actually end up 15 gems in the hole.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Decreased frequency of gems in lab

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.