Dear Rovio / Exient – Save Our Game!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Dear Rovio / Exient – Save Our Game!!!

• I hope this topic is read by someone who can help make a change:

I would like to start out by saying, I understand that you are a business and would like to make money from the services you provide in developing a game. I don’t understand how much of the money you receive is from advertising or directly from in app purchases….In the past I have spent a small amount of money on the Jenga mode and a small pack of Gems a year or so ago when I was starting up with the game.

What I am writing is just my thoughts, maybe other players might disagree.

1. The level of difficulty has been increased to a level that is not in comparison to the time/money/skill that has been spent to upgrade a transformer to level 15. If you had the current difficulty allocated to a new area and left the previous levels at the same degree of difficulty it would have made more sense. If you did this then it would not be taking away from what a player has already achieved.

2. As a player I like to have a goal and to see an improvement when playing the game when that goal is achieved. To have that taken away is hard to accept.

3. When one of the Transformers was made as an in purchase item only, it took away the chance for the player to meet the highest level that is available. I have stayed playing in the hope it will be corrected.

4. I understand that introducing the accessories was a way to hopefully increase sales. Where I believe it has failed (at least for me as I have not spent any money on these) is as a player of the game I don’t see any real benefit to having the accessories….if you had of introduced a new level which requires the acessories, I think you would have had more success….at the moment my Transformers at level 15 with accessories (that I have won through competitions)are as powerful as my level 1 Transformers (with no accessories) over a year ago….it just doesn’t make sense.

So, from my perspective….fix up the power levels of current Transformers on existing levels, make all Transformers available to players and introduce some new more challenging levels.

I know other players have their own opinion….it would be nice to hear some comments coming directly from the
    company that would like to get some of our money….there is an old saying in business and it goes something like – It’s a lot easier to keep a customer than it is gain a new customer.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

@ncaddy

Spot on Post and let’s hope they read it and do the right thing. There are many players who have paid money to get Gems so they can buy add-ons for their Bot’s but due to your constant messing around these purchased add-ons do nothing anymore.
    IMHO you have taken players money for these items that no longer any good and therefore due to you messing around you should refund everybody that bought anything from you for this game as they no longer do what you say they do.

Raizir
    @raizir

I’ve been thinking, About the problem on our hands.

Is ROVIO really to blame?

It is possible that EXIENT are forcing them, MANIPULATING them, to do things they don’t like.

(Note: This doesn’t excuse the other games declines tho’)

Googs
    @ncaddy

I don’t know the difference. For me, exient, Rovio and the angry birds franchise are all the same….I haven’t downloaded any of the new angry birds games and have deleted some of the older games due to my frustration with Angry Birds Transformers….I have stuck with this game for a long time because I used to enjoy the game and in the hopes that it will get back to the way it was before and include some new levels to challenge me.

Raizir
    @raizir

Has EXIENT done anything bad in the past?

rlc
    @rlcoone

Does anyone remember the “New” Coke debacle years ago? Coke thought they knew what their customers wanted and forced it on them. When it didn’t work Coke paid attention, admitted they made a mistake, dumped the research that steered them wrong, and reverted back to what the customers really wanted. It would be nice if such wisdom existed at Rovio/Exient.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

They definitely need to fix the strength of all of the transformers. This game is supposed to be FUN. What fun is it to have to run from constant flying pigs or WMTs?
    Blowing stuff up is fun.

They should also give us a way to upgrade more than 1 transformer at a time. The one at a time limit was okay when there were fewer transformers but with now over 40, it needs to be addressed and fixed.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@gabe-nestor, I wouldn’t have so much hope about this. It would be wonderful for me too, but the only way to upgrade faster is: Spend more gems (meaning money on their pockets).

Half of my TFs are above lvl 10 and a few ones already on level 15. By my calculations, if I don’t waste time between one upgrade and another, I will take about one year to completely upgrade everyone.

KingKosar
    @kingkosar

@gabe-nestor I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this. All of my Transformers are Level 10 or above (except for what I just unlocked in the last competition.) Each upgrade now takes such a painfully long time, it would be *awesome* if we could do multiple TF’s at the same time!

Geli
    @geli

Far from a Millennial or a GenX here, so I could be very wrong but …

Wasn’t the whole Transformer franchise based on Blowing Stuff Up?

If so, then why are Rovio /Exient weakening Transfomers to the point they barely Blow Stuff Up and crush whoever or whatever attempts to challenge them?

Seems to go against the entire “we Blow Stuff Up” presumption that accompanies a Transformer franchise.

Wonder if Hasboro approves of these tactics…

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well if you want to be picky the game still blows stuff up but sadly it’s our Bots that blow up now and not much else.
    I still say they should refund all customers who bought add-ons to make our Bots stronger and over a course of a few months reduced this add-ons so that they are longer worth using.

nykki
    @diamond72

I have noticed that even with level 15 characters, I am losing them in battle and it would cost me 10 gems to “continue playing”. I don’t use my gems, but I have to recharge a lot more lately to finish any event.

Swing
    @swing

It may seem strange, but I am thankful that Rovio/Exient continued with their shenanigans the last couple of events. While they are busy trying to find ways to screw players, other companies are doing REAL special events, where they do some Halloween theme without changing gameplay or difficulty and they give players REAL prizes. Since there was nothing for me in the current event, I went back to games that I had not played in a while and what an eye opener it was, no bugs, no rampant rigging, events for the players not cash grabs, it made me realize how full of themselves Rovio/Exient are. I think this last event was the final straw for me, they had two things to celebrate (two years and Halloween) and all I saw was another attempt to treat players like cashcows. I have a lot of gems (almost 40,000) that I have been saving for a while in hopes that a new area or something new would be released, now I know this game is dead, so I will use my gems to buy the prizes (if there are anymore) instead of playing for them. My advise to everyone is to tryout new or old games, you will most likely never look back at Rovio/Exient games.

Googs
    @ncaddy

@swing Good advice. For some reason my Angrybirds seasons crashed after the latest update and I just deleted the App and now will never play it again. I think the last straw for me for angrybirds tranformer could be if they don’t release the one remaining transformer I need through Gems or an event. If he is kept only available through real money and no new features in the game play is released, then I don’t see a reason to play.

Phillips
    @phillips

@swing did I miss something? You have been saving 40,000 gems in the hope that a new area would be released. I can’t ever recall a new area costing gems to play.

Googs
    @ncaddy

@phillips @swing. I too have a large stack of Gems. Not quite as many as 40,000. I won’t spend them on accessories that I can’t see really doing too much. I use my gems in events that introduce new characters and sometimes to speed up my level ups. I am saving them to hopefully get the one remaining transformer I need or when Rovio/Exient decide to change the highest level to 20 or something (like they have done before) and I will probably use them to upgrade quicker.

Swing
    @swing

@phillips

New areas have never required gems, but new characters did not require events before. Since the currency of the game is gems (and cash twice) and Rovio/Exient only care about players spending them, I figured that if they released something “really” new, it would cost gems, probably a lot since nemesis was $15.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Dear Rovio / Exient – Save Our Game!!!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.