Daily objecties help thread

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 267 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — Thanks for the advice! I moved your response here so I don’t hijack the bugs thread.
    My biggest problem has been meeting specific objective, like win 3 battles with Cleric and Thunderbird, which was for 3000 points, I’ve started trying the hardest objective first, because you seem to get 3 or 4 easier opponents at the start. That may be a mistake when the objective is hard.
    From angryde:

@mvnla2
    I’m sitting at #2 in platinum and 95% of the time I’m getting teams with full epic-sets for each bird as well as complete or mis-matched but still super-tanky banner components – and 80% of the time they’re using “regenerate.” Somehow, I’m hanging in there… and I don’t have ANY of the lucky coin purchasable classes! Not one! And I’m still using Gold level banner components! Normally, my opponents arena power score is 100 to 120 points higher than mine! I can ONLY win using the ‘Venomous’ trio of Druid/Rouges/Rainbird (all mastery 10) using ‘Save Me,’ ‘Yin-Yang,’ and ‘Reborn.’ None of those sets are @ 45. Honestly, I just grind and grind and grind while I watch TV or surf the web at night… and I never spend lucky coins on 3x additional arena lives. I’m amazed I’m holding my position in platinum, to be honest!

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Hey, no problem, and thanks for shifting my post! I’m not saying anything that much better players than me haven’t already said… and, at risk of repeating myself, I’m not entirely sure how I’m managing to keep up with such crappy gear. Well, I always lose arena points on the lucky coin purchasable class objectives… as I don’t have any of them… d’oh! So, Paladin, Thunderbird, etc are just auto-fails for me. I find that this is more of a disadvantage in wood/stone… from steel and above consistent, daily grinding always seems trump the daily objectives (especially when across an entire week). I just try and crush my opponents’ spirits by grinding like a pig until the they just kinda give up… take their feet off the gas and settle for fighting it out over second and third position. With tricky, oh crap I might lose this objectives, I just wait and wait during the grind until I get a random and rare team with under 700 as their arena score and then make the attempt. I might lose one life a day on a forced ad, one a day through a legit loss in the arena… but I always have one life in the bag when the clock resets. I’m probably just very lucky.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Win 3 battles with Cleric and Thunderbird
    This is most effective versus enemies with AoE, so if you see an enemy team containing Chuck and Spies, you’re in luck. For your third bird, you’ll want a bird with high single-target damage, such as Stone Guard, Sea Dog, Rogues, or Skulkers. The Blessed banner works best here so that your birds survive while being attacked.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

I think I figured out the take the banner out during opponents turn and getting it twice in one battle. I had the banner thrones and sticky gooed and both took the banner out so probably it has to do with that. One of the few times I took care of three objectives in one battle. (Kill 30 birds, take three birds out at once twice and this.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@admins — This hasn’t been updated for a while and is sinking into oblivion.

angryde
    @angryde

@jmrexhau Or you can use progressive degen – i.e. Druid/Rogues/Rainbird.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Win 3 battles with Cleric and Thunderbird. Yesterday/ today my objectives: win 2 with Chuck, win 3 without bomb and red, knock out 3 while attacking your banner. Using Thunderbird, Cleric and Spies (reborn sets and sweet) it took precisely 3 battles. Two of the opponents had time jump emblems on mighty wings.

I don’t see this pair as a problem. In fact they are my go to team when playing time jump provided it’s not a poisonous team then I use paladin skulkers captain. When playing them I usually take Paladin for the healing, I play with mighty wings but because I couldn’t I found Spies equally useful. It’s important to use their buff. Even if you lose the toss unless you don’t have the Phoenix set you very rarely get knocked out. Then weaken the other birds and they will kill themselves very quickly especially if they time jump. You probably won’t get 3 stars but you will win the battle.

They are not good against poisonous teams and can be tricky against a vengence emblem it depends on the make up of the opponents team.

I hope this helps with this objective.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

If I only had the Lucky Coins… I’m still trying to save up for Thunderbird, Seadog and Skulkers… ^^;

The Daily Golden Pig is a slow process. Is there no other way to earn LCs besides levelling up?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Since posting the above I have tried this pair with several different birds. It works best,I think, with Paldin, spies or bomb not seadog unless you wish to self buff then he hits twice when it’s his turn.

Arm the birds as you wish but chuck benefits from the Phoenix set and I wouldn’t recommend choosing this pair unless you have it. It’s possible to win without it if you are obliged to use them. I found bomb most useful especially cannoneer in this situation. I used dragon breath, scissors, sweet and reborn for the other birds.

Scenario 1 you win the toss:

First round.
    shield TB and Cleric
    Attack the strongest bird or if you are using Bomb and have the golden chilli explode the bomb.

Second round.
    Unless you are extremely unlucky you still have 3 birds all shielded. If you haven’t used the chilli give it to Chuck.
    Attack remaining birds and then banner.

Third round.
    And so on. Key is not to attack with TB or Cleric unless shields will remain up or you are certain to take out remaining birds and/or banner.

Scenario 2 you lose the toss.

You will have 3 battered birds but essentially the steps are the same. You will likely lose chuck quickly but the shields will be there. Just fight it out. Chuck will get up.

If you don’t have the golden chilli you will have wait until it fills. You already know how long it takes. I often don’t use it until all the opponents birds are down.

If you don’t have the Phoenix set I recommend challenging a few friends to get a sense of moves counters etc. I found cannoneer most useful and in round 1 used his buff if I won the toss.

Avoid opponents with good dispel capabilities. Chuck with Phoenix set is common in many opponents teams and unless it’s Lightening bird it doesn’t matter that much. His dispel is random and won’t remove it from all birds, he also goes down quickly. I have played against such opponents but it’s not ideal. So if you don’t have to don’t.

Sorry this post is so long. Hope it’s useful.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Well, tonight was a travesty!
    I got stuck with that STEE-YOO-PID objective “Knock out 3 birds with single attack” again – for like the millionth time!
    And due to being up against overpowered teams with ridiculous attack power and HP, I’ve just had my face ground into the dirt with the first two objectives just about completed, but having not even come close to knocking out the whole team with one attack! On the contrary, THEY kept knocking MY birds out… mainly because they cheated on the coin toss and went first!
    (Yes, as far as I’m concerned, the computer is using a weighted coin to make sure the enemy starts more often than I do! And if the computer wins a battle, I immediately brand it a cheater! I take it that much of a personal affront to be defeated by a mere machine!)

Another thing that REALLY annoying me about these PvP battles lately is that every other opposing team I face seems to have Rogue Blues on their team… the most annoying of foes with their pesky slime attacks! If they’ve gone ahead of me and knocked out my countering Trickster Blues, it REALLY messes up my banners!

And now I’m once again out of banners after losing three battles all too easily to ridiculously overpowered teams who knocked out my birds before they could even begin to fight back!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

One thing I do when having that objective against a powerful team that goes first is I kill all their birds and time it so I can weaken strong birds like Red and Bomb when a weak bird like Chuck revives then I can use Bomb’s explode to take them all out. It really helps to use the Underdog emblem to get the 40% damage bonus and something else like Skulkers or Captain to get more damage bonuses.

I find it really annoying to use Chuck to take out all 3 enemies because you don’t always get credit when he succeeds.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@daniel-normington-12 Yup I hate this objective. It requires too much setup, the Golden Chili, and a specific enemy team.

Here’s my setup:
    Wizard, Reborn set
    Capt’n, Scissors set
    Skulkers, Save Me set
    Blazing banner set, Time Leap emblem

The enemy team must not have:
    * Reborn or Save Me
    * the Resurrection emblem
    * the Blessed banner set

You also must win the coin toss because you need to spend a turn setting up.
    1) Capt’n buffs himself, Skulkers applies Armor Break on all, Wizard should attack the enemy bird with the highest HP.
    2) Bomb can now do about 2.5k damage with Explode. If any enemy bird still has more health than that, use Chuck and/or Blues to chip away at them. Once all three enemy birds are below the threshold, give the chili to Bomb.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Incidentally, don’t you just LOVE when the game forces you to watch some crappy advert before a PvP battle, then when you tap to dismiss it, it instead goes into Google Play, crashes the app… and then has the cheek to forfeit you a banner for its fatal error!!
    They really ought to rectify this, as I’ve just lost two battles and now I can’t claw my way out of 4th position – for despite having completed the day’s objectives, I’m still labouring behind after the appalling time I had with yesterday’s challenges!
    (And I’m not wasting my LCs on a rematch! I’m still trying to save up for those remaining bird classes!)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ll add my vote for least favorite to the “knock out 3 birds with single attack” objective. I finally managed the required 2 wins after lots of attempts and a couple of losses. I mostly used @whiteasice’s strat, with a couple of modifications:
    Wizard, Reborn set
    Capt’n, Sugar Rush
    Skulkers, Save Me
    I don’t have the same banner available at a credible strength, so I used
    Mighty Head
    Blue Pennant with sweet
    Vampiric, which is my favorite emblem anyway
    These are all at the highest strength I have.
    I started out using the scissors set with Capt’n, but got frustrated because he’d always do a chain attack and kill one or more birds just when I was almost ready to use his rage to take out 3.

Anonymous

Whenever I get that objective I use Capt’N Spies and Mage. It works very well and I can even knock out all 3 twice in one battle with semi-hard opponents. I also never use the Twin Lightning set with mage because that extra damage can mess up your chances.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m really having problems with this one today: Knock out the banner while all enemies are knocked out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

@mvnla2 For that one I use extremely damaging combos like Berserker Skulkers and Wizard with the Mighty Set. With Skulkers debuff they can deal over 1,000 damage per bird. With Wizard and Berserker you also have a multi-attack option.

Anonymous

The venom team works well too since the birds are KOed for an extra turn.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Partshade — Thanks for the help.
    What KO’s the birds for an extra turn when you play the venom team? I thought I was playing them all the time, but they don’t get an extra turn with opponents knocked out. I gave up getting all birds knock out long enough to knock out the banner. If a bird revives the same time you knock out the banner, it doesn’t count.
    If I use the mighty set I have, my banner loses 972 pts. Not sure it’s worth it.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@mvnla2 If an opponent’s bird gets knocked out by a poison effect (not the primary attack), the revival bar doesn’t fill up after your turn is over (which is the normal case), giving you another turn where the bird is KOed. But if was knocked out by a normal bird attack, the bar fills up to 1/3 once you finished moving your birds, and you only have 2 turns after your turn is finished before that bird can move again.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley

@whiteasice

I got win 3 with Cleric and Thunderbird today. I agree with every one. It was bad and horrible. Never want to see it again in this lifetime. The easy opponents are 99% gone even after playing Mccool again and again.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

At this point, it’s obvious that the high rate of tough opponents is not a coincidence. It is definitely an intentional game element, and someone really needs to contact Rovio to show this issue. The arena is completely broken besides this – as no one gets LC from playing the arena, and there isn’t much that Snoutlings is useful for besides mastery or potions. Even if Rovio promised a special event for exclusive arena items, I would still not play the arena for reasons besides achievements or a full frame collection :P and that would be it. Plus, if the second Epic is ever released worldwide, I would probably play that instead (or just not play Epic at all). Also, Epic is resource-hungry (partially due to the unstoppable ads) and causing crashing way too often.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds really sorry you struggled with this. I actually choose thunderbird and cleric with captain (used to use Paladin and have done it with spies) to play time jump emblems with a non poisonous team. I have the Phoenix set. The key is to use the shields even if you lose the toss. Shields up explode the bomb. Only play TB/C when the shields will stay up next turn unless there is no danger from the opponent. Obviously doesn’t work if the opponent has a dispel capability. Chuck is the first to be knocked out but shields will stay up.

Whenever I meet this pair in the Arena the opponent uses chuck to attack first. I don’t know if this how players use him or if it’s the computer but it’s a mistake.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Is anyone interested in collecting some data?
    It may be possible that everyone in your league gets the same objectives spread throughout the week, although not on the same day. @Annifrid and I were in the same league this week starting Tues afternoon. Before that we were each in a league by ourselves. Unfortunately neither of us kept track of the objectives when we were by ourselves. We did compare the objectives after that, and it is possible that we could have had the same set of objectives for the week taken as a whole. It wasn’t proven, but not ruled out.
    Somewhere people mentioned that they had compared objectives with another ABN member when they were in the same league, and they were not the same each day. My objectives were not the same as Annifrid’s for any specific day.
    If anyone gets the chance to compare objectives for the entire week, it could be interesting.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@dallasreds
    Thunderbird/cleric combo can be good against enemies who are using multi-hit jobs such as Samurai/wizard/marksmen team.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.