Daily objecties help thread

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 267 total)
  • Replies
  • WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I have trouble with the following objectives because they do such low damage. Can anyone suggest a team & banner setup?
    1) Win 3 with Thunderbird and Cleric
    2) Win 5 with Guardian

burbman
    @burbman

@whiteasice – Thunderbird is more powerful when using his buff ability than attacking directly, so make sure the shields are always up. Cleric actually helps in this setting due to the healing she provides each time she attacks.

I personally like to team Sea Dog up with either of these objectives, since I can get two strong hits from him per turn. Add Wizard to the Guardian/Sea Dog lineup to benefit from both the multi attack, and chili.

As far as banners go, my preference is the Mighty Set for added attack value, but others here prefer the Blessed Set for increased healing, Sometimes I use the Sinister Set to recharge the chili faster.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@whiteasice — Do you have the nightmare set for matilda? I like the frost set, and to take rouges for this one. Hope for lots of stuns.

Guardian/protectors aura, I use tricksters/beep attack and captain/scissors with the mighty wings set.

With both of these I just hope to get by without losing. I also find that if I grind for a half hour or so with my favorite team then I will get a string of the easier computer generated teams. Usually lasts ten to fifteen minutes so six or seven battles, more than enough to get these objectives done without too much trouble.

mcmellll
    @mcmellll

hi, i’m new here and hopefully asking this in the right thread. this question was asked earlier in the thread, but i didn’t see where it was answered, so i’ll try again. today when the arena objectives reset, my strikes did not reset. i received 2 strikes yesterday, so i am starting today off with 2 strikes. this is the first time that this has happened in the 16 weeks or so that the pvp has been active, so i’m not quite sure what to do. i have enough lc to spend if i get the 3rd strike, but i’d rather not waste coins if i don’t have to! any ideas? thanks!

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mcmellll you should report this to Rovio. That way if you get your third strike and pay the LC you can ask them to refund it. They should know it happened in any case as thats a fairly serious bug.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mcmellll — You didn’t say when the strikes didn’t reset. They reset at the same time as you get new objectives. So for me, in California, they reset at 1 pm. So you don’t get a new set of 3 to finish your objectives from yesterday.
    If you are not getting any resets, do report to Rovio.

mcmellll
    @mcmellll

@mnvla2 @t_russell

thank you for your help. it must have been a fluke because they reset as normal on Sunday at the end of the week (i am in Illinois, so everything sets at 3pm daily). by some miracle i was able to complete all my objectives and move into 2nd for the end of the week, so i didn’t have to spend any LC and i moved up into the league. i will let rovio know about it though.

thank you!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I encountered an objective which some may hate:
    Beat 10 opponents in a battle.
    Solution: do not deploy Chuck or any class or weapon with multi-target.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Look at this objectives:
    null

They seem to oppose each other, but I managed to use Wizard and Captain to make them.
    When the enemy’s HP is lower than half, use captain’s buff to power up Chuck and just attack.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Can anybody explain this issue for me?
    Just now I lost a battle, although I did have the upper-hand for a couple of turns. The only reason I lost (apart from the opposing team being quite strong anyway) was because both my birds that were still standing at the time were inexplicably stunned after attacking the banner? Now why does this randomly happen with certain teams I’m up against even where the “Stun” emblem isn’t actually displayed? It feels like cheating to me when my birds get stunned for 2-3 turns for no clear reason…

HarleyM
    @harleym

What emblem did the banner have? Did you actually check by tap holding or just by the image? Did the enemy have a wizard rage shield up? Chain attacks can result in your birds being stunned too. Are you sure your birds were stunned while attacking and not while being attacked?

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

It was not the Stun emblem, that’s all I know.
    And when I tap-held down on the banner, the information said nothing about it having a stun ability.
    I don’t recall seeing any Rage Shields active – anyway, what good is that ability anyway? I never use it myself! Chuck’s offensive move is always far more effective for me, especially if Cap’n Bomb’s had a chance to whip up his attack strength.
    And my birds were both stunned (and in the same turn, typical of my kind of luck) – Chuck was KOed already, the Blue Spies were stunned after attacking and Bomb was stunned just after unleashing a rage-attack.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

He means the Wizard’s Energize. Rage shield blocks your ability to use the rage chili for 2 turns. Since the stun in PvP is bugged and stuns you for at least 2 turns it can be very effective. Someone mentioned that the game sometimes fails to show the graphic for energize so click on the enemy bird or banner next time to see if it was enhanced with energize.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@daniel-normington-12 — Even if you click on the opponents banner, I don’t think it shows what extra powers are provided by set items. The same is true for legendary sets for birds. You need to notice and research which set items your opponents have.
    Not to say that some teams seem to have abilities that they shouldn’t. They may have been hacked.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@daniel-normington-12 The same thing has happened to me many times, but not for a while because I haven’t been grinding for more than a week. It just happened again a few moments ago, but I was fighting a Wizard. I couldn’t tell if the Wizard had cast energize on himself because I knocked him out. I didn’t see the graphic that you’d expect to see.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

The game sure loves to mess with you, though.
    There are some days when the coin-toss seems to be rigged for the opposing team to go first, and that’s always a major disadvantage for me, since my opening attack strategy requires for me to have all three birds active. If the enemy starts first, they almost always gang up on my weakest team member and KO him.
    Also, some opposing teams seem to fill their rage chili very quickly, as they’ll suddenly unleash a rage attack in mid-battle… which always induces an eyeroll from me, as it’s like they’re wasting my time trying to prolong what I hope to turn into a victory for my own team.
    Enemy Matildas (especially Druids) are especially annoying too, as they tend to spend most of the battle healing and generally undoing any damage I’ve doing and stringing things out even longer. I often end up targeting them in frustration just to get them to shut up!

DevaBol
    @devabol

How do I kill all enemies in one hit?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

And again @devabol Here is @killerkea ‘s suggestion which I believe has got to be the best advice for this one.

“The easiest way to do this is to use Whip Up on Captain and have him explode after weakening the enemy birds. Things that will make it even easier is to use Skulkers’ weak spot ability. Depending on the situation you can either have him use his skill on himself to give all enemy birds a weak spot or attack a bird that has a lot of health like Red to reduce his health to be in the Captain’s explode range. Also a high damage bird like the Bard or Wizard is good to lower the health of the strongest enemy or enemies. I think it is better to use the Wizard since he has lower health and does more damage than the Bard.

Why would you want a bird with lower health? The answer would be so you could use the underdog emblem to give your Captain an extra 40% damage to his explode. When one or more of your birds gets knocked out the remaining birds get a 40% bonus to damage. If you are using both weak spot and underdog, then your explode becomes 1.3 * 1.4 = 1.82 or 82% stronger than an unmodified explode. Add the additional 60% from Whip Up and your damage increases 2.912 times normal so a level 41 Captain would do around 3000 to all enemies with explode. That is enough damage to take out all level 41 rank 10 birds except Red when they are at an unmodified 100% health”.

We should try to get this info closer to the first post.

DevaBol
    @devabol

@tigerussell thanks a lot, much appreciated!

rtzong
    @rtzong

I’ve generally been able to work my way through each type of objective, but now I have one that really has me stumped. “Win 2 arena battles with Red and prevent him/her from being knocked out!”

This is theoretically doable with a weak enough opponent, but like many of you, the coin toss pretty much always goes in favor of the opponent. I’m also having to face opponents with power levels well over 50 points higher than me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone completed this objective and found a strategy that works? My original plan was to have Paladin Red, Princess Matilda (to have the enemy target my banner instead of anyone else), and either Wizard Chuck for faster group kills or Rainbird Chuck for even more heals. Of course, when the enemy always gets to go first, this all goes out the door.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Of course, to be able to knock out all three birds with one hit, you also have to be up against a team that’s not overpowered. I had a rotten day with the PvP myself – even after restarting several times, the game kept giving me teams far stronger than me… I was lucky to beat the 1st and 2nd objectives, but was unable to knock out 3 birds twice before my ludicrously strong opponents knocked out all there of my three banners!
    I feel rather cheated, labouring along in 10th position… :(

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@rtzong — I like to take druid or rouges along for that one. If an AI bird is close to a KO let the poison finish them off. The extra turn they are down is immensely helpful for taking down the banner and keeping red up.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@rtzong
    See my post on p7 of What objectives you hate the most?

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Another day of rotten overpowered teams! This is getting ridiculous!
    How am I expected to have fun when I can’t win?

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

@dallasreds
    To answer your question, I personally get annoyed by the “win x number of battles with such-and-such class (usually Sea Dog, Skulker or Thunderbird)”
    Seeing as I’m still saving up my Lucky Coins for those (and that’ll still take weeks) it’s an unfair objective to spring on me. I’ve been kept from advancing the leagues lately because of such objectives… and now it seems will remain stranded, because of the overpowered teams I’m being curbstomped by lately… :(

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.