Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ok, sorry to repeat what you already know. Wasn’t clear on that part. Yes it would be nice to have the way to get some rewards like people on other devices can already do.

Kt
    @ktcain

Two weeks ago I reported on this topic that I felt the DC was designed to collect spells and gems, largely unwinnable without spending money and not worth playing. Last week I tried again on Monday and to my great surprise won Red’s DC winning 100 red feathers, treasure chest containing 150 white feathers and the 2 spells shown with the Challenge. The next day I won the Blues Challenge. I used no Spells and spent no Gems for either game. I thought perhaps someone from Rovio had read the many criticisms in these pages and modified the games to be more fun and able to be won sometimes. Today I won the Blues Challenge again. All 3 games were reasonable, fun and winning was a great boost in morale as the Trail Game has so often become a Slog now. These 3 DC that I won were actually fun to play, the way AB2 was in the earlier levels. So I’ll keep playing the DC now and am glad to have a different game to turn to during my game time.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The DC can vary radically from day to day in terms of the skill level (and/or bribing Rovio) required to complete it. Some days it’s relatively easy and I get it on the first or second try. Some days I burn five or ten lives on it and come close to giving up. Over the weekend, there were two in a row that just seemed impossible – one was a Gravity Grove level that had SEVEN rooms with a boss at the end! I never even saw the boss on that one. Several of those rooms were the type where it takes a genius to figure out how to get through any of them with less than three birds. I know the difference between a fun challenge where I can get there if I just push myself to think a little harder, and an infuriating one where I just have to keep trying and hope I get lucky. I quit that one early for the sake of my sanity. The next day’s challenge was easier than they usually are. You just never know. Also what’s hard for me might be easy for someone else, and vice versa.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well this is interesting. I was wrong about getting booted out when time expires. I had to pause when I had only about 20 minutes left. That was almost three hours ago. I am still playing and getting retries as long as I have lives.

Today is a tough one for me. Made it to the boss level a couple of times but never to the boss. Going to finish out my lives and get back to the arena.

Edit: I can’t believe I beat it. 100 feathers for Chuck and 100 for Bomb, and that pushed bomb up to level 6. And my spells were the duck and … wait for it … wait … a chili. 38 chili spells and still not a single blizzard.

Kt
    @ktcain

I’ve experienced that also. If I am in the DC game when it times out, as long as I don’t leave the link, I can continue to play the DC.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Daily challenge 2016-04-27. I actually got through it but it cost me 60 gems. 7 rooms including a boss, and the rooms were freaking ridiculous… pigs on balloons everywhere and of course the conjurer pig with the stupid magic wand is always first in line to zap my birds into teddy bears before I can hit anything.

The boss was easy to get rid of, because I remember doing that exact same recycled boss screen earlier and how I cleared it. It took exactly 2 birds.

100 feathers for today and ANOTHER ME spell. I guess Rovio is feeling sorry for me.

View post on imgur.com

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That challenge today is annoying, the theme park where often pigs are too far away when you have no Chuck left!
    And always that sucking coward teleporter with his stupid moustache! I didn’t even pass level 2.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

DC’s are starting to get annoying again. I didn’t clear yesterday’s either.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Now I’ve got a 24h challenge with three stages of hell!
    No magical pigs but many balloons where you need the whole flock for one stage.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Got the 24h challenge on the second try. 100 feathers for my favourite out of the flock. Not in terms of effectivity but in terms of sympathy. The Blues. :)

David Martin
    @david-martin

I actually paid 60 gems to continue playing and finish the DC yesterday. Normally I don’t buy into that scam, but I was on the boss at that point and knew it was just a matter of having enough birds to fling; didn’t even really matter which ones they were for that particular boss. I figured the reward for beating him was worth more than the 60 gems. But if it hadn’t been a guaranteed win at that point, I wouldn’t have bothered.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

24hr challenge: I got a chili spell. Hurrah. But those were three of the worst screens I ever played. I used every single last bird.

@david-martin
    that’s usually what it comes down to for me too. If I get to the third world and I’m on the boss screen, and it looks like a few more birds will take him down, then I’ll pony up the 60 gems for the prizes- it will make the whole transaction a little more worth it.

Otherwise I won’t even bother.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djlarryt – I love that you call it the “third world”. Let’s see…

– barely enough resources for the common citizen to survive
    – a fat, greedy dictator in charge of it all
    – bribing the authorities to stay out of trouble
    – systemic oppression caused by a far-off European power

Yeah, sounds about right.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Did the 24 hour challenge today at the second attempt and won 150 black
    feathers.Having 2 duck spells awarded during the second game made all the difference in popping balloons and pigs.

By contrast tried a couple of times yesterday and gave up in disgust!

Now for today’s Daily Challenge…..

(Btw. David Martin – a good overview above)

One hour later: one attempt at the DC and ran out of birds before even completing the second room. Conserving my energies (and lives) now for the legendary level 520 – may have to lie down in a darkened room mopping my brow for a bit first!

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

I’ve been playing the daily challenge for a couple of weeks and had only won once. I was getting frustrated. Then I noticed that sometimes when I opened AB and went to the challenge, it was starting me on the second or third level. I couldn’t figure out why but then I realized- if you die during level 2, or level 3, and you exit AB immediately (before the screen comes up that tells you you’ve lost), which I often do because I get frustrated when I see that I’m going to lose so I close the game/app- the daily challenge will start you back on that same level (i.e., it does not make you do the previous levels of the daily challenge) when you re-open the game/app. It will not reset your progress, but return you to the last level you were on. Since then, I win every day!

I play on my iPhone, not sure if this glitch exists on other devices.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks for the tip, Drama. Will give that a try today and report back.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Am I the only one whose game crashes when they beat the Daily Challenges? As soon as the reward trunk pops up it crashes. It did the same thing on the WWF levels and the most recent Movie levels. I’ve contacted Rovio support but that is always an exercise in futility.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

@hourlongdrama That is a game changer. Thanks for the tip! Now I’m a shoe-in to keep winning double blizzards in my reward chests. (Got two double blizzards once for the DC reward. I tried to give them back.)

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@shoemacher You’re welcome! It works for me every time, glad it works for you too. :) I’m sure they’ll fix it eventually, but in the meantime…

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

Try this:

I’ve been playing the daily challenge for a couple of weeks and had only won once. I was getting frustrated. Then I noticed that sometimes when I opened AB and went to the challenge, it was starting me on the second or third level. I couldn’t figure out why but then I realized- if you die during level 2, or level 3, and you exit AB immediately (before the screen comes up that tells you you’ve lost), which I often do because I get frustrated when I see that I’m going to lose so I close the game/app- the daily challenge will start you back on that same level (i.e., it does not make you do the previous levels of the daily challenge) when you re-open the game/app. It will not reset your progress, but return you to the last level you were on. Since then, I win every day!

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

Try this if you don’t want to have to start over:

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well, I didn’t get a chance to try it out, Drama. I went into the DC and breezed right through it this morning. Guess I will try it tomorrow, not that I am complaining about beating it.

The downside to beating it early is I don’t have much to kill time between rounds in the arena.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Thanks to @hourlongdrama I completed the DC today and received 100 feathers, 2 chilli’s and a duck. Cheers.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@hourlongdrama’s tip is great! Cleared today’s DC as well. 350 feathers for 2 birds, and the usual Blizzard, Duck and Chilli.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@aeshna @smwforever45 Glad it worked! :) Sorry for the multiple posts, I was trying to reply directly to certain people but I’m new to the board and still learning how it works.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.