Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 21 replies - 726 through 746 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

Yeah, the DC has one of my least favorite bosses from Gravity Grove, and unlike a lot of the recent DCs that have had a 4-room boss, this one has 5 rooms and they’re some of the rooms from GG that I tend to have the toughest time with. 3 birds per room is common for me here. I tried it once and got to the Boss with nothing left but Terence. I should note that you can angle Terence off of the rocks above the boss, but you have to do it just right so that he bounces off with enough momentum to escape the gravity well and hit the boss. Usually that will knock him off of his platform, and also clear the “bridge” below the portal that typically takes another bird to hit. I didn’t get so lucky this time. I don’t know if it’s worth the frustration to try again, since this is one of my most hated bosses in the entire game.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

True, @david-martin I’ve found that the gravity beams are amped up a bit on today’s DC. I blew up a structure with a bomb and a pig in a block tipped off and landed on a platform beside the beam and stayed there (completely out of the beam, and completely out of reach too).

On one attempt they had the nerve to give me a golden pig on the very first board. Like really?

Yue
    @yue-zhang

2 birds is possible. One is Silver.

de

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

But even once you knock the pig down off of the two platforms, after falling through the purple chute he still comes to rest in that crevice over top of the slingshot, and then you need to dislodge the rocks to hit him- and they still may not all hit him or take down his health level to knock him out.

Believe me, one of my attempts shot Chuck right into the rocks above the first platform, rocks knocked him down and somehow Chuck rolled in after him to knock down the other platform as well. Then it took me 3 more birds (one was a direct hit from Matilda’s egg, the other I managed to loosen all the rocks which rolled in and hit him too) and the pig still didn’t die. That’s when I officially gave up.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I think you can take out this boss with 2 pigs if you’ve very lucky. Matilda’s the best bet for your first bird, but we’ve established that Terence and Chuck can pull it off if aimed just right to ricochet off of the upside-down structure above the boss. Silver has just enough room to swoop and hit the right side of the boss’s platform, but it’s almost impossible to time this right. (I saw this in a walkthrough video but have never pulled it off on my own). Silver and Terence may fall through with the boss and also take out the second platform if you’re really lucky. Then the Boss ends up in the box on the upper right, and any bird will do at that point; you just have to release the boulders and hope they hit him hard enough.

There’s just so much in this process that depends on total luck that it gets ridiculous. Hoping you get lucky doesn’t make for a fun game. Being able to analyze a level and come up with a workable strategy that you can repeat later on (improvising with different birds if necessary) is way more fun, which is why I enjoy the Boss battles in general. Just not this one and a few other luck-based ones.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I went in with more than 2 birds including Terence when I got through it.

You just need a slow launch into yellow tunnel so KP and platform will get destroyed. They will come out of red tunnel eventually and stuck above the slingshot. That platform below top blue tunnel will only slow down the process. Keep pounding KP after.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

No. Just no. I play six rounds (six lives for buying the cape and stuff), and if I can’t get through it then it just isn’t worth the effort. This one was worse than water levels, and I absolutely hate water levels. I would almost rather have an infinite loop than water levels, and this one is still worse.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@djlarryt

You may not have needed glasses for the gem thing, but I did. I spent 120 gems, zero lives(force close the app), and failed.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

and then you need to dislodge the rocks to hit him- and they still may not all hit him or take down his health level to knock him out.

nope. you could hit the pig directly via purple tunnel.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Today’s DC and KPP boss levels are just as bad or even worse.

Proteus
    @proteus

In case if you guys not playing DC and KPP (Friday Frenzy edition), today challenge was a absolute nightmare, It was level 900 in Regular Level. Already spend 240 gems (60 each for 4 turn) and i’m not even can reach the boss pig in top of the structure

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@proteus I gave up after about 2hrs of trying to get through the DC. I got better things to do with my time than waste it on a Boss screen that takes at least 6 birds to complete, and I’m NOT paying gems to move on.

Today’s DC has the strongest balloons I’ve ever seen. They even withstand Matilda’s egg blowing up right on top of them, and Bomb detonating right beside them. Complete BS.

Oh right- Rovio: “Buy gems, snerk snerk snerk”.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@djlarryt

actually there is a chance to strike today DC boss. I use chuck and very luckily strike the boss down. One bird only.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@yue-zhang Chuck can get up there? I find the fans blew down any bird I try shooting up there (although the path shows your bird will make it, the fans change that once you launch).

And then again, I have to even make it to the Boss screen and have a Chuck in my inventory.

I think I’d rather buy lottery tickets.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Today DC is a nightmare. Seen that King Pig level before. You need couple birds just to clear the path to the far trampoline before u have any hope to bounce something up there. Wasting gems will get you no closer unless you can get the right bounce.

Got couple more lives but probably won’t make it unless I can go in with 5 plus birds

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@djlarryt

check out the white line after shoot chuck out.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Chuck can get up there if you bounce off the leftmost trampoline first, meaning you come back up far enough away for the fans not to be an issue. That’s how I beat the DC today. It’s a tough shot to aim, but I hit the boss’s crown and that was apparently enough to knock him sideways. I used another bird to take out the tractor beam pig or whatever the heck it’s called first, to minimize distractions.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That’s right.
    I’ve tried it many times today in that annoying boss stage.
    The rooms all needed at least two or three birds with their ultra solid buildings.

I guess they give us a fair challenge sometimes and the other day one that needs extra birds.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Last weekend and before have been tough for few days. This week DC and KPP are fairly simple. Now we are back to the tough ones. Even getting to the final level was not easy today.

Thank you Yue, next time I know if I see this level again. At least I will try to save Chuck for it,

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Help please – todays King Pin Challenge Thursday – was doing the King Pin golden challenge and got to level 5. to get the boss bird. Seems to be in impossible position.

How does one get it?

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

The same as everytime…
    Yesterday fair and today it sucks! We had to hit the bouncing boss pig with a bird, I gave it up after three times ?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 21 replies - 726 through 746 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.