Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

@bankler Thank you for that explanation. It’s odd to me, because when the birds were categorized by gem, i.e. Silver, gold, emerald, diamond, etc., (rather than just by numbers 1-8), I thought I remember the game stating that leveled up birds were “stronger.” And I did notice that, for instance, Chuck could penetrate ice, as I leveled up, when he couldn’t prior. That is a glitch? And Terrence could go through more objects as I leveled up than he could at lower levels. But you’re stating that the birds are not in any way more powerful, physics wise, you just get more points for the things they destroy? Hmm. I’d like to recommend that you all try it my way instead. (:

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Something needs to be done about this daily challenge. I think it would be cool if you could take your leftover birds to the next level. For instance when you finish level 1 and you have 2 birds that you didn’t use then take those on to level 2 with you. Also the game conveniently crashes every time I beat the DC. Coincidence? I don’t think it’s an intentional crash to screw the players but it needs to be fixed like yesterday. I hate to say it but it’s painfully obvious that the Daily Challenge is nothing more than a money grubber. This makes Rovio look bad and completely infuriates the player. If Rovios goal is to make everyone so mad that they quit then they need to keep doing what they are doing. Again, I don’t mind spending a little bit here and there but I don’t like the feeling that I have to pay to win. I don’t think I’m the Lone Ranger concerning this subject. There is no way to sugar coat this Bankler. I’m more interested in action than I am constant justification and smoke screens for the games greed. There must be tons of ego and pride at Rovio. There seems to be an absolute refusal to listen to the players who are desperately trying to help you folks. We love the game or we wouldn’t care enough to say anything at all.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Huh, crashes after clearing the DC? Didn’t happen for me, I was able to collect my rewards. And honestly, for me as a new player they’re REALLY good rewards so I have nothing against DC as of now. (Thing is, as a new player I have a hard time clearing the challenges since I get the same one as advanced players… I had to spend 60 gems on 3 extra cards but that did it.)

Angryplayer
    @mwilkers

You won cause you spent 60 gems. That’s there whole goal. I’m with most of the others. I quit even opening it after 4-10. Shouldn’t say daily challenge, should just say ” please donate here”

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Crashes 100% of the time when I beat the DC right when the award screen pops up and the trunk opens to give me my reward. It’s 8 for 8. A few comments back someone else was having a similar issue. The App Store is full of complaints about the same issue. It’s a real kick in the nads when you spend 60 gems to beat the Boss and it does it.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@shoemacher – I too believed that higher level birds did more damage but a quick internet search shows Rovio stating from the launch – higher level birds fill destructometer faster and gain more points, there’s nothing about more damage.

One of the guides for AB2 on this forum states, higher level birds do more damage and there’s a screen shot, but the photo shows Matilda and the message – higher level birds get more points, fill destructometer faster, again nothing about more damage.

Wonder how many others thought the same?

It actually makes sense for higher levels to do more damage and it’s strange they don’t!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mwilkers
    Well… possibly. Then again, it’s still possible to lose even with 60 gems spent. But on the other hand, I find it nearly impossible to clear all 3 levels with only the birds the game gives me, which is always 7 no matter how many waves the level has. I can hardly clear 5-wave levels with only the birds. Let alone 6-wave or 7-wave.

Couldn’t clear today’s DC, btw. I tried my hardest but most I ever saw was wave 3 of the boss level, and even reaching the boss level was a one-timer for me. Most of the time I fail at the second level. No I did not spend gems.

IDK why I even said I have nothing against DC… I must’ve been tired. The day before yesterday, and today, I didn’t clear the daily challenge because I was simply not able to.
    Rovio, you can’t treat rookies and advanced players the same and expect everyone to be able to clear the same level. Heck, not even those that cleared all levels can clear the DC.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna

Assumption on my part, if “higher level birds fill destructometer faster” would not one logically assume that to fill the d-meter faster would be result of causing more damage…if not, then what fills the d-meter faster, it should not be the higher level birds themselves…am I out in left field…

Ok, if that is not the case, then the higher level birds, with the higher number, is programed into the d-meter and the lower level birds (lets just say) take one second to fill the meter, then the higher numbered birds take .5 second to fill the d-meter. Maybe thats how it works. It might be hard to simulate the more destruction concept in the computer game…

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I’m in pretty much the same shoes..can’t clear today’s DC (4-14-16) as well. Kept getting a stage with mechanic pig, fireman pig, and balloon pig at once making it rather difficult to clear without going past 2 birds.

I hope the DC gets easier in the future.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@wrw01 – I think you get more points for the object you hit rather than say Terence going through more and more blocks as you level up.

It may work something like this – Level one he can smash one block for ten points, level eight he can still only smash one block but gains eighty points.

I play against level eight players in arena and the decent ones score more then me despite myself totally clearing a screen.

But, I don’t know, just guessing and trying to figure out a game that seems to change daily.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna
    Your logic make more sense

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Don’t sweat it, Yoshi. I have 55 stars, finished all 540 levels, won several tournaments, been playing since the game came out, all bird at level five and I did not fare any better than you on the daily challenge today. I also have trouble getting through the second level and only saw the third level once today, didn’t get close to seeing the boss. It ain’t easy, so I salute you for doing as well as you did being new to the game and not having experience with the different types of levels.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

What you need is luck, I did it without diamonds one day and the next day I didn’t even reach the boss level.
    Luck means “right birds – right time”, “winning spells”, “golden pigs” and finding the right “button” to destroy a construction with only one bird.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I actually went right through it today without the buy-in. Shocked me all to heck, and first time it ever happened. @angrynerds2 is right- got all the right birds, at the right time, stuff just happened to all break up with maybe 2 shots per screen, and when I got to the boss level it was one I recall beating from before so I knew how to get rid of him with 2 birds.

Prize was 100 grey feathers, 250 Red feathers and the two spells. Hey I’ll take it and run.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Today the challenge sux.
    Halloween levels with all kinds of damn magical pigs, from teleporter to balloon.
    It’s even hard to win level 1!

Perhaps Rovio read that indeed someone won something without paying.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Indeed, Nerds. Today’s DC is impossible as far as I can tell. Terrance is almost as useless as Blues. Usually the first level is a breeze, but I have had an attempt where I used almost all my birds just to get through the first room. But I have a good start to the week in the arena, so there is that.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Ha ha, well I guess someone at Rovio read my post because today I see the b!tchy scale has been cranked up a notch. First wave of screens and I get to a board with a beanie/balloon pig, a teleporter/magician pig AND an umbrella pig all in the SAME screen. Took me all my birds plus a few ‘extra cards’ to clear 3 stupid rooms.

Wave 2 and I swear there were 2 teleporter/magician pigs in the same screen, because I obliterated one of them with my bomb, and I noticed another sitting one in a faraway structure. Anything to waste birds and use up gems I guess.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

2016-04-18 DC: Micropigs from HELL. Nothing. NOTHING destroys them.

Level 3 Room 2 and Room 3. Easily 4-bird rooms each, you have micropigs sitting all over single balloons in the four corners of the place. Everything constructed with little pieces of material so it doesn’t fall over or blow apart. There’s NO WAY you can clear it all with one bird. I have a screenshot of a micropig (I can post if anyone cares to see it) that was encased in a stone block within a wooden structure on a little balloon platform. It took me a blues to knock out the balloons, which didn’t succeed. A Red blew away some of the wood. I got so mad a threw Bomb at it which detonated right beside the pig, freeing it from the encasement but the only thing left was the pig AND the balloon it was sitting on. Explain to me how that works.

Today’s DC: BUY or you won’t get through it. Just a warning. I never even made it to the boss room once and I consider myself a pretty good player.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I don’t even bother with the DC. I get 8 hours to have a go before time runs out. Normally over breakfast I open the app to play an arena game so the clock starts ticking from then.

Then believe it or not I go to work and only get a chance for a few goes of the DC. I would much rather play in the evening but I like to play the arena so my 8 hours has run out by mid afternoon.

Anyhow, I’m in Diamond League, at level 46 so I’m quite good. Not the best but good.

I have hardly ever come close on the DC. Rarely i get through to level 3. Once I saw boss pig but inevitably I ran out of birds (I was very close). I refuse to pay for gems or use gems.

So I rarely try now as it’s virtually impossible to achieve and life is too short. I’m not prepared to pay so I can’t be bothered to play as the only way you can achieve a DC is by paying.

Why not give one reward after level 1 and another after level 2 so at least you feel as if you’ve got something for your effort? (And I don’t just mean 3 gems or 10 feathers).

Oh hang on, I know why…………….££££££$$$$$$$$

Angryplayer
    @mwilkers

Dumb. Not hard, not challenging, just dumb. Worthless ideas trying to generate revenue for a game they screwed up

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Today we have a challenge from hell!

Theme park levels with all kinds of magic pigs and undestructable mini pigs in stones.
    Really annoying!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s DC was doable. Not easy but doable. Immortal piglets weren’t too much trouble, the teleporters pigs teleported themselves to their death, and the boss pig just bounced around infinitely until it banged its head onto a structure and finally died.
    Feathers for Blues (100) and Chuck (200) and some spells. Not bad.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

You have been lucky, I didn’t even win level 2 today.

LSALT007
    @lsalt007

If you want a laugh @angrynerds2, click on my profile and check out where one of the little INDESTRUCTIBLE pigs landed at today during the Daily Challenge after it survived a pretty good hit! Lol! I don’t think it could have possibly fallen into a harder place than where it landed under that fan…. Today’s is a FUN one I will tell you that!!

SnowBirds
    @snowbirds

If this has already been mentioned in this forum, my apologies. Has anyone noticed that when you complete a level on the DC you still get a “prize”?
    For example, I finished the first level of the Daily Challenge. I accidentally clicked the back button on my tablet and up came some feathers! I continued on to the next level and made it through. I thought I’d try the back button thingy again (in case it was a glitch) and there it is! I got some feathers! I didn’t make it to the third level (so nothing), but every time I used a life to get through the challenge and won a level – I got feathers or sometimes spells from completing each level. Obviously after finally making through the third I got all the prizes. This has been going on for a few days now.
    Glitch? Something they didn’t tell us about?

Something everybody knew about, except me? (Late to the party as usual…)
    :)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.