Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

I cleared the DC, it was quite easy, but the KPC wasn’t there. Just gone.
    Anyone else got this?

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

I’ve had that happen and reported it to Rovio. They said that it has to do with the timer for the DC and the KPC. Sometimes KPC won’t open if it overlaps with the new day’s start time for the DC. Or something like that. (Like, if you happen to start the DC at 11:59 pm on Sunday–let’s just use that time as an example–and the new DC starts at midnight. Well, if you complete the DC at 12:15 am Monday, you may get the KPC immediate for Sunday’s DC (which you just completed). But if you then try to do the DC at 3 pm Monday, the KPC will not show up, because it thinks you’ve already completed it for Monday. Again, “or something like that.”

Supposedly it will be fixed in the next update. I’m holding my breath like a Scuba Pig for that one.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

Actually, it seems as though Rovio isn’t letting you save the KPC for later anymore? Like, if you close the application right after the DC, the KPC will not populate anymore. Stupid, stupid micromanagers.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

And gameplay is still being manipulated.

Yesterday I was on the last room of Wave 3. I had a chili pepper in my lineup (and a couple of birds as well). My first shot, which should have obliterated the entire room (a well-placed bomb)got rid of everything except one little micropig which was the furthest thing away from the slingshot and landed there after flying halfway across the screen.

I thought that this was a setup to use my pepper since if I saved it, it would go back into my spell bank. But since I had some birds left, I decided to try otherwise and just use them since there was only one block of wood and this mini-pig.

Direct hit from Chuck on the piece of wood he was laying behind did nothing.

Almost direct hit from Matilda’s egg right in front of him did nothing except roll him further away.

Direct hit from Blues (who also bounced off the balloons above, uh-huh) did nothing.

None of my other birds could reach far enough to touch him.

I actually said out loud, “OK I GET IT, ROVIO YOU WANT ME TO WASTE MY SPELL.” and used it.

Beyond pathetic.

When it takes me almost an hour and a half and 15 attempts just to get through 3 stupid ‘challenge screens’ and still never complete it, I put the game down and abandon it. Just an FYI, Rovio.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@angryplayer
    You can be absolutely sure that if you have a chili in the pack, there will be a rogue pig. Happens every time without fail.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

OK I just got a screen with 3 magician pigs in it. Seriously? I’ll post a picture later tonight.

Chasing three stupid teleporting magician pigs around? In one screen? That’s a 5-bird suck right away.

This game has truly reached rock bottom. It is certified FUBAR.

UPDATE: Today’s DC is absolute gem rape. There is NOT ONE screen in the 6-screen boss ‘challenge’ that can be done with a single bird. 4, 5, even 6 buildings in each room. PLUS the myriad of bird wasters (magician pigs, umbrella pigs, laser beam pigs….). I’ve never seen it so desperately impossible to get through.

If anyone here in the forum can do this without buying in, let me know what your secret is. I’ve been playing it for over an hour and a half and still haven’t even seen the boss screen.

snappy
    @snap

Got to the boss screen with two birds left (chuck and silver). Got the boss off its ledge with chuck on to the precipice where it just needed a push off with the silver. Silver could not damage it enough (usually it is best for the boss, often 1-hitting it). Spent the 60 gems for a Terrence, blues and another Silver (yaay, right?). But as luck would have it Terrence and Blues just sailed past the boss with no way to actually hit it. Silver could hit but still left it with enough life and I refuse to spend 120 gems on top of the 60 gems so no DC or KPC today.

Penz
    @penz

Agreed guys, today’s challenge was a nightmare. I usually do the DC quite easily, having to spend 60 gems every now and then just to finish off the king pig. Didn’t really get close today, only got to the king pig room once, ended up spending 60 gems but still couldn’t kill him off, didn’t bother with the 120 gems as I wasn’t confident enough about being able to finish him.

Jon S
    @jon3800

DC was an absolute nightmare and KPC was even worse. Spent 180 gems clearing the 6 room boss level (aka boss room 427)

Penz
    @penz

Looks like the DC is shaping up to be a horror again. 3rd stage of 6 rooms full of awkward multiple structures, awesome.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Just great. The DC boss room doesn’t even appear on the main levels and there’s no video on how to clear it. Guess that’s the upcoming Porkland chapter. Circus themed pig city with frustrating trampolines and structures

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

One day ok, the next day awful..
    It was damn hard to reach the boss room with more than one bird. I gave it up after a few tries.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

Today’s DC was easiest I’ve played ever no gems one pop to King pig and splat!

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Strange, Sunday’s DC and KPC cost me a total of 850 gems to complete. Foreman Pig in DC bounced up and got stuck between fixed structures and only one bird could potentially knock him out (Silver) so I had to throw birds until I got her again. In the KPC the King Pig miraculously flew up to an area where only Chuck could hit him after flying through the portals, and having to burn 3 birds at a time to get another Chuck to reach him is the reason why. Rovio stuck it to me good both times, I should have just opted out like I’ve done for the past few days.

I’m also not a fan of this being able to “Strike” the first screen of the Boss level and nullify potentially 2 extra cards (which you don’t receive because you’ll have your 7 cards and spells are not allowed), then running out of cards by the 4th room. Again, I know this is a setup- but it’s a pretty sucky way of forcing players to use gems because they want to get the black pearls.

Anonymous

Today’s DC was the easiest in a while for me. Only took me 3 tries to pass level 3. It would have been the first or second try but the game kept making micro pigs survive so I had to waste birds. I’m only 90 black pearls away from completing my last 100 pearl hat set to have diamond slingshot.

Penz
    @penz

After 2 nightmare days the DC seems to have settled back down and the last two days were quite easy. Even the KPC weren’t that bad.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

15 attempts today, saw the boss screen once on the DC through an hour and a half of playing to try to make it through 3 lousy screens without having to use gems.

All due to the magical little pig that suddenly takes 5 birds to knock out in the Boss level, room 4/6. Very aptly applied tactic that occurred in EVERY attempt.

Sorry Rovio, your “challenges” are just too difficult for me. Giving up for today.

Penz
    @penz

Same here, I tried 15-20 times and only got to the boss room once but I didn’t have any birds left. I’d pretty much given up then I decided to have one more go and by some miracle I made it through to the boss with 4 birds and killed him with the 2nd. It just shows there’s very little skill involved , its just pure luck waiting for a combination of room design and structures that are actually doable.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Unless you have the Eagle with you, most of these rooms will take at least 2 birds to get through. We all know if you cannot get through the boss series with 2 birds each room, you are essentially out of luck even if you get the boss room.

The boss room is the last few days are downright difficult. You need at least 1 bird to clear the way before you can launch the main assault. Low and behold you have the wrong birds to even consider that.

Davetv
    @davetv

Today’s DC was unwinnable unless you spent gems. It was level 466 with an added room. I played it at least 16 times in the 8 hours allowed. This is what I don’t like about the game. There should always be a way to win without spending gems. The KPC is 99% unwinnable. I always take in 5 spells and get to the 5th level but I only win maybe once a week. I refuse to be extorted anymore so I don’t spend gems on the challenges. I wonder how many poor souls spent money today on the game?? I bet it was a big revenue day for rovio!!

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

The DC is just getting stupid. And I agree with others, that the more impossible that they make killing the Boss Pig, the less fun the game is getting. You get to the boss level, only to realize that you need at least three or four birds to kill him, ensuring that one must spend gems in order to win the challenge for the day (generally, on principle, I refuse to do so). The game stops being challenging and entertaining at that point and instead becomes exploitative. It makes you feel like you’re wasting your time and that it’s time to delete the app. Sad to say good-bye.

Anonymous

So today will be my 3rd daily challenge failure on the last 4 days. Pretty much every room before the king pig needs 2 or 3 birds and not only that but on the first room in the king stage I actually knocked everything down with one bird and I’m about to fill the meter twice in one shot and the game throttles the score meter and brings it down before it can fill up again! Ridiculous!!!!

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

My policy of gems using is this: If I get to the final boss pig level with at least 1 bird of my own, AND I can see a way to kill the boss (I have thru all regular levels). Then and only then I will use 60 gems if I go down the correct path. Otherwise just restart level.

There have been more of those days that I cannot finish because I unlike others don’t have infinite amount of gems to spend nor do I want to pay real $$ for gems.

We have seen the layouts before but there are few more structures this time around. Extra fan to make flying difficult. Then 1 odd pig sitting way up above over a balloon that makes me waste 1 Chuck just to get him. Even if they allow us to bring the full compliment of spells to use on all the pre-boss rooms, we may still be stuck.

Davetv
    @davetv

What I’ve noticed is the DC & KPC will have an extra room added. For instance if it’s level 893 boss level with 5 rooms there will be 6 rooms in the challenge level. The boss levels are hard enough in the regular levels, but adding an extra room makes it pretty impossible to win without spending extra gems (spending money).

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Today’s DC is absolute horse sh!t. 5 screens of bird-sucking action and the boss screen takes at least 4 birds to complete (one HAS to be Matilda to take out the platform he’s on).

Gave up after only 2 attempts, I don’t need glasses to see that it will cost gems to get through this one.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.