Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • kelshe
    @kelshe

@david-martin,you’re not exaggerating. But you forgot a out the DNA sample.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Man, I keep coming up with new creative ways to fail at defeating this boss. Today I somehow managed to hit him hard enough with Terence that he slid [i]up[/i] the far wall (which I’ll never do again in a million years), curved back up along the ceiling, and landed in the lower left part of the level where I could more easily reach him. I had three birds left at that point and it still wasn’t enough to clear the obstacles below – he got stuck behind a single stone brick and I couldn’t get him out.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

What’s wrong with today’s DC? Are all blocks glued together or is
    strike force of birds reduced? Room 3 in boss level and out of birds.
    5 times in a row!

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I’ve been replaying today’s Daily Challenge repeatedly (at least whenever I’ve been able to given I have a full time job) and can’t understand how anyone is supposed to complete it?

The first 2 levels are actually fairly reasonable and do not require any cards. But the final level

I have 15 gems, that’s all, after having spent the last lot on continuing but to no avail.

I can’t seem to add an image but here is a link to it.

It’s infuriating, and I refuse to be forced into buying more jewels just for the sake of trying to move around a boss pig I can’t get to once he’s been knocked off that platform and lands underneath.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Glad I came here to read the comments. I won’t even waste my time on it. It’s a frustrating and fun game at times. It’s easy to impulsively buy gems when stuck on a level. I know I’ve done it many times…. But not anymore.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Another DC that is beyond my talents. Multiple direct hits by Bomb, Terrence and Silver do no damage whatsoever. I’m sure some of you guys will have no trouble today with it but I don’t think I could get the job done if I had a dozen birds on the Boss alone. Tried 4 times and that was 4 times too many.

reddie
    @reddie250

I did make it to the boss today with two birds left (Silver and Terence). Terence cleared all that stuff above the boss, but sadly my silver couldn’t get the job done. This DC is also beyond my talents.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

8 attempts. Hidden scuba pigs. Wrench-throwing pigs. Balloon pigs sitting on little platforms all over the screen that can’t possibly be completed with 2 birds. Conjurer pigs. Birds that suddenly don’t work during a crucial shot. Single micropigs miraculously surviving to waste one more bird on a 6-level boss screen.

Got one look at the boss screen. Was amazed at how precisely every single one of my attempts milked my flock away to using my last bird on the pre-boss screen. How convenient.

Killed app. I have better things to do than be patronized by a stupid game.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

This game as a whole seems to have hit a new “rock bottom”. It might be making all kinds of Jack for the makers but it stopped receiving my jack about two months ago. I can’t stand the arena anymore so I don’t play. It’s totally manipulated and stocked full of cheaters. I was doing one campaign level per day and the DC. But I’m stuck on 629 for 4 days and the DC’s have become comical this week. I’m running out of options other than deleting the entire game.

@djlarryt
    you are one of the few who has stuck around as long as I have. Do you ever ask yourself why we still do it? I know I do.

reddie
    @reddie250

Well, I had a change of mind and I decided to do one last attempt on the DC (my 10th). Guess what — I LUCKED OUT. Using blues to clear that bridge and hit the platform King Pig was on and Matilda’s body to hit the King and send him flying from one flower to the other and down the river he goes.

That earned me 150 Red feathers from the chest (less than 200 away from becoming elder Bronze).

kelshe
    @kelshe

Got it on the 3rd try today.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@dwhite40704 I ask myself the same question whenever I turn it on to play.

Maybe it’s to see how disgustingly shameless this game is becoming every day I play it with how it rapes me for gems. As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago in the Arena it made me lose against a player with EVERY bird one level LOWER than mine and 5 spells (explain how THAT happens). So I took 4 spells in and STILL lost by a 2,000,000 point margin (it was on a round #3 battle too, surprise surprise). Right after that, I used up a ticket and played one more time and THAT game I lost by 2,000 pts as well. 2,000 points. SERIOUSLY? You want me to pay 80 gems just to f**king win? Screw off Rovio.

Since last week I’ve ended up having to watch the stupid videos EVERY DAY, and a couple times per day, when I rarely had to prior to then… so obviously something’s been tweaked. It’s absolutely sickening how ridiculous everything has become. With all the players I encounter who are at FULL bird power the day after the the level got added, and 5 spells each, Rovio must be rolling in cash considering how expensive it must be to buy up treasure chests and get all the right feathers to complete your flock.

And with every consecutive person trying to win ahead in the arena fairly, they try to 1-up their opponent over and over and pretty soon the only games we’ll ever see are full level flock and 5 cards. As a matter of fact, it’s not far from that now, I don’t know when the last time I was challenged by someone without any spells.

Essentially I really wanted to like this game- it had a lot of potential and could be really fun. But as I said in another thread, it’s become a colossal sh!tshow of cheaters and patronizing manipulation. And nobody’s going to tell me that Rovio is not tinkering with the game physics algorithms and hasn’t got ‘ghost’ players in the fray- I’m not buying that, you can actually see it in action. This whole ‘useless bird syndrome’ has been happening more than I ever saw it happen before, and it’s always at the most opportune time to lose. Matilda’s bomb pops like a balloon and does no damage; Red’s shout does nothing; Bomb can’t take out a pig in a stone block; Terrence stops dead when hitting ice… the list goes on. Watch what the next screen looks like after you use your bomb… it’ll be all stone. See that micropig fly off too far from your slingshot when you have a chili spell in line… of course it’s to waste it on that single pig when it could cause more damage elsewhere. It’s garbage.

I don’t know why I even play it at all anymore. It’s becoming very tedious and tiresome. Rovio can’t be trusted, we’ve already been lied to as far as purchases and bonuses go.

I kill the app more times then I actually play through anything because it gets so frustrating. Maybe I should just kill it for good. I think by reading what I wrote here, I’m answering my own question- I hate the game and I’m angry at Rovio for being so deceitful and greedy. I think it’s time to put this baby to rest, it’s been out in the market for a year and still isn’t working right.

See you later folks, and enjoy the flinging. I’m taking an indefinite break from the game. Maybe I’ll log back in next time I get bored and go on vacation to see what gets changed. Chances are there will be some “Superior Thunder God Mode Diamond” level by then that will take you 100,000 feathers to reach. And there will be dozens of hackers players with full flocks of it the day it gets released. And then there will be the rest of us who play it wondering why Rovio allows it.

All I can say is that if I knew how to hack my gems I would do it too. And that doesn’t say a lot for the game.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Well said brother. Well said. It’s one thing to compete against cheaters but when the entire game is set up to beat you then why bother. Coming here to the Nest is ten times more fun for me than playing the game itself. Sad.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Six tries today. Six epic fails. It’s either a moneysucker or I suck. Made it to the boss twice. Direct hits by Terrence didn’t phase.

On an unrelated note. I finally beat 629. I think this game has a compassion mode if you fail a level like 40 times. For the second time it freaked out on me. Golden pigs galore. Unexplainable. By the time I polished off the 6th room I had 14 birds left. Every bird I shot filled up the destructometer like twice.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Yeah I’m pretty sick of it, and it shows.

Regarding your comment above @dwhite40704, you and I both know that it’s as easy as

if player.isSucking(round) then CompassionMode {
    birdStrength +=2
    environmentStrength -=2
    micropigDurable -=1
    bonusPigProbability +=3}

if player.Gems(lots){ fckplayerOver x=1000000}
    if player.Gems(little) and birds.count(1) {screwplayerscore = forceToBuyIn}

and that’s your game manipulation in a nutshell.

One last rant on the cutesy bird names. Why do we see them at all? What’s the point of offering this anyway?
    Because then Rovio can disguise their ‘planted’ and ghost players amongst real players.
    None of them have a real face picture so how are we to know they’re even FB accounts?
    None of them have a real name so we can’t track them on FB either as real people.
    9/10 times whenever I play one I get either wiped off the board or I get the mysterious “last bird waits while I play 2 – 3 birds then suddenly 1+ cards appear and score jumps by 3 Million” effect (or score jumps to 5000 higher than mine at the last second…) suspiciously just enough to corner me to ‘Buy In” for a win. And nobody’s there to contest or prove anything.

Watch your opponent’s score and cards carefully the next time you play an Arena round. I’ve been catching it climb even though apparently there are no more birds. OR keep an eye on your opponent’s cards. I’ve gone into rounds where my opponent takes in NO spell cards but throughout gameplay they will pull out 2 or 3. I know it’s possible to win spell cards while playing but anytime I’ve played, as soon as I use a bird card, that’s the one that gets replaced. I don’t recall ever being rewarded multiple spell cards while playing through my birds. So either their process is a complete incompetent mess or this is deliberate. You be the judge.

And judging by the amount of times this happens to me on a daily basis, it’s too often to be coincidental. Rovio’s prime interest in creating this game is to generate revenue. And bleeding players of gems/spells will force them to need more to stand a chance in playing. And the way they get gems/level up fast is to pay real money for them.

As I said, judging by the amount of players who supposedly have full bird level flocks and piles of spells and less than 15 stars to their name suggests that Rovio is rolling in cash from all the money it would cost to get the accounts that way.

Once again, every single day I am cornered into paying gems for one thing or another. I stopped playing the campaign rounds so for the few times I played the DC or Arena, I still got extorted into paying to win or continue. Their business model is clear as day.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’ve stated before that the business strategy will backfire sooner or later. Hope the movie was a smash hit for them because their business strategy for gaming will lead to the $$$ drying up. Eventually everyone will catch on and see the corruption and manipulation. I said after the last update that players would be dropping out. People hardly ever even come to the nest anymore. There are 4-5 of us that come here daily but it used to be quadruple that. These select few seem to only vent when they come here. Heck, I would love to dole out compliments. I make a nice living doing that.

The only saving grace we had was the ability to back out of unfair games and choose a fair opponent. When that was ripped away people quit playing and they quit spending. The greatest flingers ever have said bye bye. I’m not in that group. I’m just a guy who liked to play a game a few times a day. I just wanted something fun and fair. I don’t mind spending $20 here and there to play something cool. But this has ceased being anywhere near cool.
    In my mind it just boils down to piss poor management. I don’t blame the foot soldiers. Perhaps I’m wrong. Perhaps the average gamer enjoys being gamed. Not me however.

I’m reminded of a small town bar I used to visit in my youth. In the back room there was a video poker game. The bars owner was a friend of mine and he told me the game was set up to destroy the player and yield wild profit for the house. People would line up to throw their pay checks away on this poker game. It always boggles my mind. But eventually they caught on and stopped playing. All the business dried up. A few years later the entire bar closed for various reasons having to do with all around pissy game play management.

I’ve officially deleted this MF. Take it easy dudes!!

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

I sadly got ripped off on today’s DC, I got up to the boss, had 3 birds left, used them all without defeating Foreman Pig, bought another 3 for 60 gems, but sadly once again failed, yet the next offer for 3 birds was for 120 bleeding gems? Why must Lolvio be such cheapskates in the gaming world?!?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Today’s boss is one of the more annoying ones from Gravity Grove. Today was the first time I defeated him in the traditional manner – by clearing obstacles and pushing him through the various gravity wells until he fell off the screen at the bottom right. I didn’t expect to get there with enough birds to do this, so it was a pleasant surprise.

reddie
    @reddie250

I’ve been ripped off too on that f***ing DC. No wonder Gravity Grove is a place for bad luck. Spent 60 gems again and one try, restarted after failing, and spent another 60 on another try and failed. DAMN YOU, ROVIO!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Combination of balloon pig, magician pig and CENSORED micropiggies.
    Not cool.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@dwhite40704 @djlarryt

Actually, you’re not too far off.

I’ve looked through the level files when editing my list of changed levels for each game update. Each level includes a variable called “number of fails before getting extra TNT.”
    Each level also has a set “pig list,” which lists the types of pigs that can appear in a certain level and their priorities, and an “easy pig list,” which I’m assuming is activated alongside the “extra TNT.” The Easy Pig Lists usually have a higher priority toward Golden Pigs.

So, yes, if you fail a level enough times the game actually will have compassion on you and give you more TNTs and Golden Pigs.

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

I agree with the general sentiment, the endless ineffective birds coupled with micropigs, magicians, hammer throwers, etc on some days don’t make sense. Some days the DC is easy enough, while still a challenge, as if to pull you in and give you hope, then dash it the next day. Surely the physics is tweaked sometimes, definitely not constant. And it is so hard to level up, as some have said it must be deep pockets that have brought some people the higher levels within hours (it seems) of them being released.

Or maybe its just as I suspect, I’m not that good of a player after all. This game can make you wonder sometimes.

reddie
    @reddie250

Despite a Pigsyland theme in today’s DC, I managed to beat this in just ONE try! That earned me a pig inflator from the chest. Silver may have missed the mark in hitting the Foreman, but she managed to clear all that balloon junk. Red blew at Foreman on the top platform causing the TNT below to make him hop over to the trampoline and he bounced away to his doom.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@rizdub Interesting, so just as the game can give, it will also take away. Thanks for proving that I am not paranoid :)

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

For those actually caring enough to try today’s DC:

Round 1: walkthrough
    Round 2: walkthrough
    Round 3: Good luck. There’s no way to do it without paying.

Balloons have had a makeover and now Terrence, Bomb, Silver and Matilda stop dead when they collide with one. Well, 80% of the time, I have noticed they will pop them once in a while.

No screen can be completed with a single bird. As a matter of fact, I barely made it past the 2nd room in Round 3 after 14 attempts throughout the day, and there were 6 rooms. Only one time I got a glimpse of the boss room, and that one will easily take an entire flock to clear on its own because it’s one where there’s a long path cluttered with junk and a platform for the boss to land on far away from you IF he misses falling on the ONE available trap.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.