Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

I’m just playing the DC to send gifts to my FB friends now that the arena rewards have been upgraded. I can play through the first two stages several times with my lives and send out dozens of gifts per day that seem to get reciprocated pretty regularly. I can use the gems and spells I get to assure seven game winning streaks.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Did I possibly get a spoiler on what’s to come in the upcoming Madagooscar?
    The scenery in my DC today looks like Snotting Hill – with the slime and the pumpkins and even the music – but I saw Chemist and Angry Pigs which were not part of the original Snotting Hill.
    Any reasonable explanation?

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Getting payback now for the easy 2-3-4 challenge I had a week ago. This Friday a 6 room boss (and for the last few days too) with impossible to reach micro pigs and overall the feeling that ‘life’s too short’…
    No doubt someone out there is getting it even worse with a 7 room boss,
    Anyway, managed my first 7 stage winning streak on the Arena this morning so still basking in the warm flush of achievement from that – enough for one day!

Yoshi – just saw your post – I thought that too as there were scenes I did not recognise, and I’ve done all levels to 600. It would explain the ‘goo’ in Madagooscar.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Mine was 3-4-5. However, the boss is rubbish.

Either you get super lucky and manage to throw him down the pit… or he’s stuck at the top forever and you need to throw birds at him until his health is depleted. Doubtful you’d have enough birds left for that after the four rooms before him.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Silver Slam for me today. 3-4-6. Magician Pigs galore. Played it once and made it to 3rd room of Boss level. No need to play it anymore. I love a good challenge but some of these are outright ridiculous. They should have a disclaimer attached in neon signs saying “You will need at least 180 gems to complete this but no guarantee that will be enough”. Sadly I’m wearing out with the DC. With the cheaters in the Arena and this I’m scratching my head as to why I even bother. I probably need to take up jogging or something more productive. ?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

3-4-6 for me too. Made it to 3rd room of boss level twice before saying f this.

Pointless.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I had fun with today’s DC, Silver Slam. Didn’t beat it but I liked the rooms, long distances. Didn’t get to play much, though. Been a busy day.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I agree that today’s challenge was fun. The six rooms in the third level were challenging, but the boss was a one-hit KO. I think in most situations he’d take two – one to drop him and have the slime push him over the pit, another to break the barrier and drop him off the screen if the momentum from the slime didn’t take care of that.

I saw some new room layouts interspersed with the familiar ones from Snotting Hill, so hopefully that means a new level set is just around the corner. Snotting Hill, though challenging, was probably my favorite level set so far, so I’m stoked to have some more levels of that nature.

I think this was the first time we’ve seen a boss in the DC before he appears in the campaign? I wonder if that means the new levels are already downloaded to our devices but just not “unlocked” until a certain date.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin That would actually explain how @douglass got all the new levels with the update and not piece by piece. Somehow his game is either glitched to unlock the levels early… or Rovio chose him to playtest.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I believe the new levels are downloaded but not unlocked, David. I think the Daily Challenges are that way as well. Somebody else said they could set the time on their device ahead and see the next days challenge. But I think they also said they couldn’t set it back to see the one from the previous day.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Bombs Blast for me today. 3-4-6. Getting to the Boss was the easiest I’ve seen. Took me 3 times of getting there and failing before I finally got the turd. A few feathers and duck and chili.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I got a 3-4-6 DC today, too.
    I remembered the boss level layout from earlier in the game… I always hated it and still do. Another DC I’m gonna leave uncleared.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Today’s challenge wasn’t hard for me. First two levels were really easy and my boss was that Mustache Pig (Foreman?) with lots bricks blocking way to portals.

Imhad Red and Terrence in hand, so I use Red to move blocks and Terrence to push boss to portal.

heybert17
    @heybert17

If it hadn’t been early in the round and I was able to waste enough birds to get Bomb, I would have been stopped dead in my tracks, not another single bird had a prayer of getting him. Very frustrating, even more than the ones out of reach of anyone but Chuck. b

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Yet another 3-4-6 challenge.
    This time the boss was super easy. Got it on the second try.
    100 feathers for Terence… and two Golden Ducks in the chest. ._.

Btw, I’d love to get something else than a duck and a chilli as spell prizes (beside the feathers and the chest).

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Terence Trial today for me. 3-4-6. Never could even make it to the Boss. Six tries and gave up with the painful realization of how bad I suck at this game. The miner pigs had me so frazzled that I just had to put my phone down.

Edit: Went back in to declare war once I had a few lives regenerate. Got the sucker. 2 blizzards. 3 ducks. 1 chili.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I had Red today and Chef Pig to defeat.
    First two levels were easy as usual while boss level with it’s six rooms was pretty demanding. However I made it from 4th trail and my first enter into boss’ room.
    I guess it was easy if I got it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

3-4-6 again. Chef Pig as the boss. Got it on the first try. At first I was sceptical because I saw a lot of Umbrella Pigs but it was OK in the end. 100 fathers for Red and another 100 for Bomb. :)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

3-4-6 for me as well today. Finally picked up a ME. Plus the usual duck and chili. I used to make fun of the rubber ducky but he’s turned into a weapon of destruction for me.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

After several attempts at it, in which I could never do sufficient damage to the boss to do him in, I was able to defeat him with one single bird: Terence. It was very satisfying. I haven’t received a ME in months! It seems odd, but odd is normal in this game, right?

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Blues Brawls. 2-3-5. Never even made it to the Boss. Exercise in futility.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Odd.. I had 2-3-5 as well but it was so easy that I had about 4 birds left over after sending the boss into the void.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I finally made it to him after 7 tries and you are right- he was cake.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I agree. Today’s challenge was easy. I messed up once on the third level and had to restart, but that was due to my own poor decision-making and not due to the game stacking things against me. Nice change of pace from the usual.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Now it’s just getting strange…won yesterday and today, first run, first bird on the boss, with several birds left. Done without gems. I’m a decent player but 5 wins in a row? 8 of the last 11? Not complaining about the wins but after days, if not weeks, of never even getting to the boss level, this run seems anomalous. Any one else having similar success? Maybe Rovio has done what Blizzard occasionally does with a community event buff for D3 ROS. The last is not some inside baseball arcane reference. Most gamers know D3 even if they haven’t played it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.