Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

Seven rooms for boss level for me!
    Got lucky and cleared a couple of rooms with one bird and boss level was one bird too.

One gold pig but that was on first level, with 3 rooms. Second level, 5 rooms.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

My level 3 today was only five rooms and pretty easy, which was a nice change of pace. I beat the DC on the first try, so I didn’t get to see whether or not the update fixed the glitch (the one that lets you start on level 2 or 3 of the DC if you force-quit before your progress is reset). I will find out tomorrow, I guess! My boss room in particular was really easy- just one bird to knock him down to bounce around in a tunnel, and he basically killed himself.

Unrelated to the DC, but I am LOVING today’s update- treaures every half hour instead of once a day? Yes please! :) Also I won the arena 7 times in a row so I got several rewards, including 500 yellow feathers! I’m currently in 1st place in my amethyst league with only one day to go. I just started really playing the arena (instead of just playing once a day to get the gems for doing so) a couple weeks ago, it is pretty fun!

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@hourlongdrama- just done Friday’s challenge, the first since the update, and it was really weird… Only 2 rooms in the first stage, only 3 in the second and 4 in the final Boss stage.

Despite the short final stage, had to have a second go after a nightmare room with miner, screwdriver and magician pigs aplenty – but can report it is still possible to exit quickly and restart without being reset.

Would be really interested to know what your Daily Challenge is like today, how many rooms each stage?

Maybe the downside of an ‘easy’ challenge is in the rewards – got the legendary blizzard spell, actually 2, in the chest!

David Martin
    @david-martin

The latest DC was relatively easy on me. 2 rooms in the first level, 3 in the second, 5 in the third. Normally it ramps up to at least 5 in the second level, so this was a surprise. The boss was the one where he sits atop a crack in the rocks and you fire stuff up at him from the flowers below. Kind of a fun one, so I didn’t mind seeing him again.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s DC was the same as @david-martin’s – except my third level had ONLY four waves. But the boss was similar. So 2-3-4 for me. Something I NEVER saw before this update. My first level always had 3 rooms, the second would usually have 5, sometimes 4, the boss level would vary between 4 and 7 waves.
    The rewards, on the other hand, were lower than before, too.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

“7 waves”, the best way that Rovio found for tell us “give me your money”…

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I got through today’s challenge as well. Had the two rooms, three rooms then five rooms. Not bad. I got my 100 feathers, and then the chest opened up, but there was a knock at my back door. I answered it and it was Bigfoot. He motioned me to come out side, aliens had landed. They were setting up a picnic table, and Elvis was there. He was roasting Do-Do birds for dinner. One of the aliens came over and did something strange, he told me to look at the screen on my phone. I did and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Elvis broke out singing about hound dogs, Bigfoot let out a roar and there it was, that mythological thing people have talked about but I just couldn’t believe was real, the double blizzard spells.

I took a screen shot of it. I think I am going to print it out in high quality and have a custom frame made for it. Then I am going to hang it in the most prominent place in my home for all to see. And when I have visitors they will ask about it and I will tell them the story. Even with the evidence in front of them they probably won’t believe it. But I have Bigfoot’s cell phone number and he can tell them it was all real.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    XD
    Welcome to the Blizzard club!
    I’ve yet to get an inflator or an ME from the DC. Think I’ll do the same once I get an ME!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

LOL @captsternn!

DC Friday for me. 2 rooms, 4 rooms, 5 rooms. Got 100 feathers from first chest, then spells, spells, spells. Forked over 80 gems for a premium chest and got more spells. Got frustrated and threw another 80 gems for MORE spells. Furious to break the chain and tried once more and got a Chili spell.

Spells, spells spells spells. What are feathers again?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Did I just play the same DC twice again? The boss was exactly the same as yesterday’s. Funny how it took me several more tries this time.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

It’s good to be able to play the DC now that the bug is fixed. Kudos to Rovio for that. Yes they are challenging but I’ve always liked them. Took me 6 tries to get through today but finally got it.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

My DC today was 2 rooms for the first level, 3 for second level, and 4 for boss level. Woo! It took me 2 tries on the boss level so I was able to confirm that the update did NOT fix the glitch that allows you to not have to repeat lower levels. Double woo!

I am leveling up my birds so much faster now that I have an opportunity to win 500 feathers by winning 7 arena matches in a row. And the treaure chest every half hour is giving me lots of 50 feather chunks as well. It’s really helping me out in the DC to have the higher-level birds.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Where is this treasure chest every half hour?

D’oh! Never mind. Just found it. I was confused because it has been winding down all day long, still had several hours to go this morning. Just opened it up and now the timer started at 30 minutes.

Now if only I could get past Level 583.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@captsternn That was me yesterday! Lol. It’s a game-changer in terms of getting jewels/feathers.

reddie
    @reddie250

First, I like how they made the bird star of each challenge says when you’re gonna compete in that.

And my room layout, you might ask? 2 for the first, three for the second and five for the boss level. It took me three tries to succeed this without having to pay any gems. Having Terrence in the boss room was very useful since you need him to get into the middle flower on the bottom and knock King Pig around sitting in between the rocks.

My reward in the chest was 150 Blue feathers.

Overall, I’m happy that they made the DC a little easier than it was before.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Today , DC with Bomb.
    3rd level boss with 6 waves. Anybody success it ? Boss room is hard, have you tips or video ?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Also more suckage from today’s DC. Shouldn’t this guy be done? (Hint: look at his status bar)…

View post on imgur.com

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yeah, I’ve lost challenges with the boss’s status bar completely depleted before. So frustrating. All it takes is one more tap to kill him off at that point… but of course you need the extra bird for it.

The fun thing to do with this boss is fire Blues into the flower below him. The flower keeps chucking the little birds up at him and when he bounces up, another rolls back down and hits him again.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

Why I don’t see DC today ?

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’ve thrown in the towel on today’s DC. I can’t get the job done. Boss wins- I lose.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

They may have made the second room easier (the first was always easy) marginally, the final room is still virtually impossible without paying money. And I refuse to spend money.

Todays challenge was nigh on impossible. Once I got through to boss level but I only had 1 bird left.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

Ditto here, @jeremyharrod. My DC today was nearly impossible! I gave up.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Anyone who beats today’s DC without spending money deserves Serious props. I’ve tried 20 times and failed.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The DC from yesterday was rubbish so I skipped it after a few failed tries.
    Tried today’s (thankfully I started out very late so I still had 3 hours on the counter when the next one started) and it was a Ham Francisco DC, the boss being the exact same as in level 414. After I found out which level it was based on (since I needed help for that one to find how to even get my birds to Foreman Pig’s elevated position) I had to consult Mighty Red’s walkthrough. That helped me a lot but not enough to clear the level without gems. The boss would just swoosh back onto his elevated platform where he was no use, and unlike Mighty Red I had three not six birds for the last room. Silver’s loop and Mathilda’s egg did the rest.

reddie
    @reddie250

I’ve succeeded in the Mount Evernest challenge (taken from 366) in six tries. That boss room w/ six waves was pretty tough, but my Terrence somehow got the job done — killing Chef Pig in one hit.

My reward was a pair of duckies — I’ve got way too many of ’em. 52 to be exact.

EDIT: Ooh, sounds like the Ham Francisco challenge was a nasty one for you guys. I won’t be taking that one on since I’ll be offline for a couple weeks.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.