Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

• First chance to play the Daily Challenge as up and running again today (6th April). Not completed after four attempts, in which I only reached the final Boss level once. The first stage seems easy enough, to draw you in, then the second more challenging. Of course, when you fail either there is the chance to continue if willing to pay with gems and with each failure you lose a life and have to start again.
    Compared to a lot of posters on the forum my birds are only level 4/5 and have only reached level 449 so far, so not as expert as some of you! Wonder what others think about the Daily Challenge and how easy it is to do?

Update 7th April: Actually did it today at first attempt!
    Somewhat surprised to even reach the final stage and attack the Boss, I have to admit I succumbed to paying 60 gems at the end for the satisfaction of finishing him off. Rewarded with 100 white feathers for Matilda, another 250 white feathers in the red treasure chest ( it goes without saying she was not the bird that could use them to rank up) and a duck and a chilli spell. So probably worth the 60 gems? Overall quite good fun to play but not worth losing too many lives over.

Further update 19th April: After comments that yesterday’s was really difficult if not impossible, the challenge today seemed straightforward as I reached the final Boss stage comfortably. This was the first time of doing so after trying most days and giving up having lost a life. So, having got there and run out of birds I am sorry to say I spent the extra 60 gems to finish off the Boss again so thrilled was I to get the chance! Pathetic I know….

I notice in the normal game that you can spend numerous attempts getting through a level ( now plodded up to 478) and eventually get through, albeit with miraculous strikes all of a sudden and those lovely golden pigs in every room, then the next level you sail through easily first go. Wonder if this also applies to the Daily Challenge in terms of difficulty?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

The verdict is “sucked” from my perspective. I loved the challenge and the levels were exactly that. It was cool and different. I just rolled through the first 2 levels and soundly defeated the 6 room Boss. Everything was going smoothly. I even smiled. Then I go to collect my reward and CRASH. I tried pulling it back up and CRASH…. again. I’m sure the reward was going to be feathers which are totally worthless as a turd to me because all my birds are (8)’s. Am I shocked it crashed? Heck no. I’ve come to expect incompetence from this game. Anything that actually works is a tremendous surprise. If things actually went smoothly then I would feel compelled to go buy a lottery ticket cause it would obviously be my lucky day.

Just went back in to try it again and voila- more crap. This time I had to use gems to keep on going cause if you stop you have to start from the beginning. I beat ole lard butt Boss and went to collect my reward and guess what? It crashed. Total shocker. Only this time my gems are lost in the Rovio sea of incompetent abyss. I guess I could send an email to the company about my loss. But that’s about as productive as taking a leak into a 40 mph headwind.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

It’s a fail from me too. All my birds are not maxed out, and I found it was just a rehash of earlier screens I recall playing and not enjoying. After about 20 attempts, I only made it to the boss pig once and got a look at the level, before I promptly wiped out and was presented with the “Buy In” to finish with gems.

Granted, if you look at it this way, you could buy in, finish the level and get the prize- which today was 100 yellow feathers, 100 grey feathers, a treasure box and chili spell- well worth over more than 60 gems if you spent only once- but that’s provided you even succeed. It would be your choice.

Frankly it’s just one more attempt to get you to use up your gems and have to end up buying more eventually.

wrw01
    @wrw01

It was fun and challenging to play. I spent the gems to finish the game and obtain the rewards just to see what they were. Spells and gems were provided. I do not recall getting any feathers.

In my opinion, the rewards were not worth spending any more gems to complete the Daily Challenge in the future. Very small quantities of rewards. One spell as a reward…that is like a punishment…a reward would be 10 Mighty Eagles or 100 gems or give the amount of gems you spent to finish the game…make it a real reward instead of a “token” of a reward.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Pretty cool now that I beat it. Productivity at work hasn’t been very good today. It will be tough when new levels are added since it costs a life when the challenge fails.

Down side is that I am glued to this game even more than when it was just levels and the arena. I don’t spend money on it and I don’t use the gems (I hoard them), but I am stuck to it like some people get stuck on Candy Crush.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I guess I’m the Lone Ranger but the game has crashed every time I’ve completed the Daily Challenges. Not fun to beat a 6 room boss only to have it crash when your reward trunk opens. Ugh??

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Stupid.

After being forced to upgrade today to continue to play AB2 the Daily Challenge is nothing more than another attempt to milk more money from players, pay to play.
    Nothing new to see from Rovio, same old, same old.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I am killing myself with laughter here. Not showing off but I am up to level 520 on AB2 (having 3 starred everything) and up to level 44 for the Arena etc. I am constantly near the top of the league – so I’m quite good at this game.

I’ve seen the daily challenge for the first time today and am rolling about at Rovio’s effort to get more cash. It’s hilarious and funnier than any con man can be.

There are three levels. One with three rooms – no problem. One with five rooms – LOL and no video at the end for an extra bird, just the opportunity to part with 60 gems.

As I say I’m quite good at this game but level 2 is nigh on impossible and I have not even got to level 3. And of course if you fail level 2 you have to go back to level 1. Boring.

Me thinks I won’t be doing these daily rewards often.

Actually maybe these are Rovio daily rewards as people keep spending hard earned cash.

The to cap it all I get home have something to eat and discover I had until 7pm to complete the challenge. So basically if you work all day and don’t have spare hours to play then you can’t do the challenge! I like playing on my ipad in an evening in front of the TV.

Don’t the people at Rovio live on the same planet as normal people?

Angryplayer
    @mwilkers

Took me 15 tries and finally did it. But yes, just another way they are trying to get people to pay

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@dwhite40704 Do you get a consistent crash each time you complete the daily challenge? That’s really bad. I haven’t gotten any other reports of this yet. Is anyone else getting this crash? Are you playing on Android or iOS? Please contact me through PM if you want. If you can share your Facebook email (granted you’re using Facebook), I’d be more than happy to compensate you for the lost gems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’m on IOS. It’s happened 3 times to me. I’ve completed the daily challenge 3 times and it’s crashed all 3 times right when I’m about to receive the rewards. It looks like I’m the only one having the issue so I’ve deleted the game and reinstalled it- so we will see if this helps. I genuinely appreciate your offer to reimburse me for the lost gems but I am not using Facebook for this game.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Bankler, just did it for the 4th time. Dude it’s frustrating!!! I played great and beat the 6 room Boss. I did have to spend 60 gems to keep going. I’m not on Facebook so gems are history. Oh well. I guess I should have come to expect stuff like this. I’ve played this game religiously. It’s one of my all time faves. I’m rank 56 star and I’ve won the Diamond League 16 times. I don’t know what’s going on with my daily challenge but I can’t give it any more of my time. It’s time consuming and pressure filled to begin with only to give me a swift kick to the gonads after I beat it. My phone has not been hampered with. Just a regular iPhone 6.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

It sounds like some people are making it through the 6 room boss level. I really don’t have the patience to try the 3 levels in the challenge multiple times each day.
    I am still stuck on level 513, so I haven’t even gotten to the new levels yet, and I need my lives for the main levels.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

The timer is messed up. I dis an arena in the morning but didnt have time for that so I didnt start that. Got home from work and challenge timer expired so no chance to do challenge. Since I dont have time to work on the challenge at work, this means I cant do arena in the morning if I want to do the challenge in the evening. What’s the point of that?

Rovio you need to change the timer so it starts ticking when you start the challenge, not when you launch the game.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Difficult but do-able. Today’s challenge wasn’t as bad as yesterday’s (for me anyway), so glad for the extra feathers and cards.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I actually made it through today’s challenge on the second try, and only used 60 gems. The first try I only made it through the first 2 rooms of the boss level. Of course, if I always have to use gems to get through the challenge, my days of playing the challenge will be severely limited, especially since I prefer to use gems on the regular boss levels.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler — The daily challenge doesn’t seem to reward points for strikes, birdies, head pops. How come? Given how hard the 2nd and 3rd levels, every point helps.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

As for the challenge on 4/8/16, once you get to the boss room, it seems pretty easy. If you have a bird, like bomb, who can blast, bump, or push the boss pig to the right, he will bounce around destroying things and getting beat up until he bounces off the screen to the right.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Today’s challenge was easy for me today.
    Got through the Boss Room with Ease.
    Sent Terrance towards King Pig , was dead before he could start bouncing.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I got burned on the boss screen today twice. King Pig got wedged into a crevice right underneath the first platform where I couldn’t hit him with any birds or debris (if I had the green boomerang bird that would have been able to nail him), and the second time he got wedged under the high platform to the right where again, nothing could hit him.

The third time I made it to the boss screen, I used 60 gems to finally defeat him, just like Rovio planned. Got the 100 feathers and 3 spells, so I guess I just ended up buying them for 60 gems and some gameplay.

Can’t say I like this ‘challenge’ bit much. Especially level 3… 6 rooms including a boss fight and each room takes 3 – 4 birds to get through. You pretty much have to buy extra birds to complete it, unless you’re really lucky and get all the right birds to make it there (or earn another bird on each level). Plus the fact that I have to do it during work hours- so will probably be skipping it most of the time because my only ‘game time’ is in late evening after everything else is done.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I find the challenges quite fun and challenging. I went through today’s challenge and defeated the 6 room Boss but I did spend 60 gems. I don’t know why but when the chest opens up to give me my reward it crashes. I’ve deleted and reinstalled and it still crashes. It’s happened 5 times to me now. I haven’t heard of this happening to anyone else but me. Why, oh why me?? (Self pity) lol. ?? The gems I’ve used are the ones I’ve been collecting everyday so I have no receipt and I’m not hooked up to Facebook so I guess they are gone forever. Oh well, not the end of the world but enough to get me to retire from daily challenges just a few days in. Personally, I found these daily challenges to be a breath of fresh air but they ended up being a breath of fresh manure. I’m not a game developer but it just seems like there is ALWAYS something going wrong with this game.

I get my hopes up anticipating each update and about the only thing that changes is the cost to play increases and there are different ways added to manipulate $$$ from the players. Before its all said and done I’m expecting some sort of fee to be paid for each campaign level. I believe the greed will only get worse despite all the players deleting the game. The best business models look for ways to keep their customers as opposed to running them off.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

My Boss battle was 5 Screens , not 6.
    It’s been 5 since I started them.
    I wonder why some players have 6 Screens instead of 5.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Rovio really need to get a timer incorporated as I was night shift and missed it. Thought I’d give DC a go when I got up, but it had finished!

How hard could it be to implement a timer? Once you play once, timer of eight hour starts and if there’s only eight hours left of 24 hour period, it automatically starts.

This way, everyone will get a chance to play.

TBH, I’m not that bothered about playing it everyday, got to boss room yesterday, then spent 60 gems trying to kill it, but couldn’t damage it or kick it off screen.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

The two comments about the timer are interesting. How does it work exactly? The first day was easy enough on the time, it didn’t start until that morning. Yesterday worked out well because I didn’t even look at the daily challenge until later in the morning, though I did play the arena in the wee hours of the morning. Didn’t seem to affect the DC. Today I saw the DC just after 5AM and played a couple of rounds thinking I would get back to it at lunch time. But by then I had very little time left to play.

Does it start when the game is opened? Or does it start when the DC is opened. Seems to be the latter. Didn’t beat it today, not looking good for the weekend with my schedule. But overall it is fun and I am glad they put it in the game. The rewards are great, got 100 feathers for Matilda yesterday and the chest gave me 150 feathers for Bomb.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Today’s Challenge is on the Normal Side , until you get to the boss fight.

Angry Birds 2 Boss Fight Level 466 Walkthrough – Cobalt Plateaus Pig Bay

That boss fight always gave me trouble.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Got the answer about the timer today. Opened up the game to play the arena, saw the DC but didn’t open it at all. Let a couple of hours pass and looked at the screen again, the clock was already counting down. This should be changed so that the clock doesn’t start running until the DC is opened.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.